Best-Selling Author's Son Found Dead On Thai Paradise Beach

Lite Beer

Best-selling author's son found dead on Thai paradise beach

By JILL REILLY

PHUKET: -- The body of Gilda O'Neill's son was found by beachgoers in Phuket

The son of a best-selling author has been found washed up on a paradise beach in Thailand.

The body of Gilda O'Neill's son, Jeremy O'Neill, was found by beachgoers at Patong beach in Phuket in the early hours of the morning.

The 37-year-old had been studying Thai at Patong Language School, just a few hundred yards from the beach, and was seen washing himself in the sea just hours before his tragic death.

He was rushed to Patong Hospital where doctors confirmed he had sadly drowned.
Gilda O'Neill wrote Sunday Times bestsellers, My East End and Our Street.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2336178/Gilda-ONeills-son-Jeremy-dead-Thai-paradise-beach.html#ixzz2VLWZBWbd

--Daily Mail 2013-06-05

Patong Beach = Paradise Beach?????????

Paradise Beach is on the southern side of the bay, reach it by driving over a steep road off to the right leaving Patong. Quite nice, but shallow bay that is rocky but for a stip of sand running out. Is a sad thing such a young man has passed this way, so sorry for the families loss.

• Like 1

Paradise Beach is on the southern side of the bay, reach it by driving over a steep road off to the right leaving Patong. Quite nice, but shallow bay that is rocky but for a stip of sand running out. Is a sad thing such a young man has passed this way, so sorry for the families loss.

I prefer Paradise beach to Patong beach any day. Quieter, good food from the resto, more local Thais than farang. It is a bit of a challenge to get to it though.

RIP to the dead fellow. Who knows what befell him.

The text says 'a paradise beach', with 'a' and no capitals for the name. So according to the text they don't mean 'Paradise Beach', but are equaling Patong to being a paradise beach. And that is not the way I would prescribe Patong, and judging from his post neither would Mitch.

• Like 1

I don't know why but it seems a bit strange that a 37 year old in good health has misteriously drowned alone on a sandy a beach... Dunno why but it comes to my mind the first victim of a certain Charles Sobhraj in Pattaya... but that was back in the 70s... And Charles Sobhraj is now 69 and is serving a life inprisonment in Nepal... However, I would investigate further... who knows...