What Is The Best Route For Road Trip In Thailand

Last year dec I had went on a road trip from Bangkok to chiang mai, doi thanoi, Mae sa, golden triangle, phetchabun den back to Bangkok. I believe I missed a lot of beautiful places along the way.. I'm planning another road trip again to cover and totally explore the country again so hopefully there someone here can tell me if there is any beautiful places, beaches or place of interest along my journey toward chiang mai from bkk

Hate to say this, but the above advice is appropriate. You'll get some good suggestions here, but best to get a guide book like LP and browse it. You'll get a lot more information that way.

With that being said, try Sukhothai. Maybe Kanchanbuti? A bit out of the way, but not much. Have you done the Mae Hong Son loop? I heard Loei is also a beautiful place to see.

There are so many great places and things to see along the way. You won't hit many beaches unless you start east through Rayong/Chantaburi before heading back up via Isaan, which is a good drive. What time of year will you be travelling? Some places change dramatically during the rainy season.

hmm, my trip for next month by my own car, have done parts of this before

Bangkok to Mae Sot-Mae Hong Son-Pai-Chaing Dao- Wiang Haeng- Doi Ang Khong- Mai Ai- Mae Chan- Chaing Khong where i will enter Laos.

Get to see some great villages/scenery/hill tribes and fantastic small roads. and not overrun with tourists

Beaches

Head SOUTH

I'll be traveling mostly at the end of the year and celebrate new year in chiang mai cuz I was in chiang mai last year during new year and their celebration were awesome.. And yeah phuketrichard those places u went is where i plan to go this year end and for sure will also go to the Mae hong son loop

You do not give a lot of information. But i think i can understand you.

Do not forgeth, Thailand is a corrupt country in SEA.

As a tourist they like that you see nothing from this, or that they pay you to find peoples, who like to be free.

About this, spend your money in Laos. Laos is not the best country too, but there you will not fall in a 90 % "take money from stupid tourists scam" as in Thailand.

...... go to the south and spend the money there.

This peoples do need our help! .....

Greetings

Edited by Somrak

As a tourist they like that you see nothing from this, or that they pay you to find peoples, who like to be free.

About this, spend your money in Laos. Laos is not the best country too, but there you will not fall in a 90 % "take money from stupid tourists scam" as in Thailand.

Greetings

<deleted>!!!!

yes south thailand,

Hua Hin down to Trang you will find great beaches and islands

Just did a motorbike ride, CM, Plok, KK,Surin, pattaya, BKK, Plok, CM, lots of nice roads. On the KK to Surin went thru Roi Et and down some tree lined roads farmers out ddoing there thing and you just never know what you will come across.

Edited by moe666

Wow moe666 bet u have great fun..I did ride from Singapore -Malaysia - HAtyai-Krabi- Phuket den back Sg and that the furthest I went on bike..truly it's great fun if can skip off the boring highway of Malaysia..

Greetings

Don't take any notice of clowns like this.