Late Road Tax Renewal Penalty

i had a bike that tax expired in the 2012. anyone have any idea what kind of penalty would i be looking for as i intend to renew the tax?

the bike is over 7 years, so im guess i need a inspection as well. is the inspection strict? i have a open pod filter, different headlights and a aftermarket exhaust. frame block and everything else is still original

I took a motorbike to the insurance company to get inspection and insurance.

It had a bald front tyre and barely working rear brake.

I thought that I would get it inspected before in case they found something else that needed doing.

I was amazed when it passed!

So no, they don't seem to be too strict

500B officially, 200B directly to the copper.

They aren't to strict in my experience, but you may need to put back to stock some of that stuff to get it to stock.

What has this got to do with the police?

I was stopped by the police & they found that I was about 1 year overdue with registration which cost me 200B.

I went to department of transport & re-registered it. There registration was charged from when the old one ran out but the 3rd party was 12 months from when I renewed it.

• Like 1

I took my Merc for the government inspection near the Regents school.

By coincidence it had been washed and polished the day before.

They passed it without inspecting it at all. T.I.T

My understanding is that that place has been closed (inspection-wise) for a couple of years. Now located opposite entrance to Cholchan resort on Sukhumvit.

I took my Merc for the government inspection near the Regents school.

By coincidence it had been washed and polished the day before.

They passed it without inspecting it at all. T.I.T

My understanding is that that place has been closed (inspection-wise) for a couple of years. Now located opposite entrance to Cholchan resort on Sukhumvit.

If by inspection place you mean the vehicle test centre, it's still there near the Regent School, opposite the main Car Tax building. Took my ancient Mighty X there a couple of months ago and got dirt cheap third party insurance too.

When you go to renew the tax, the late fee is 1% per month. So for a small bike that will be about 1 baht/month.

You will need an inspection of a bike that's 5 years or older.

As for the testing station at the LTO close to the Regents in Pattaya, they were closed for a while, supposedly for renovation, but has been open again for at least 1 year.