City Council Approves 11.4 Million Baht For 2 More Beach Swimming Zones

Rimmer

City council approves 11.4 million baht for 2 more beach swimming zones

n3Naklua1.jpg
PATTAYA:--Pattaya plans to spend 11.4 million baht to cordon off two more swimming areas on Naklua and Wong Amat beaches.

The Pattaya City Council May 29 approved Mayor Itthiphol Kunplome’s budget request to purchase the orange buoys, ropes, anchors and materials for lifeguard stations. The additional swimming zones were deemed urgent following the April 21 speedboat collision that injured 18 South Korean tourists and a May 29 accident in which a Thai tour guide as struck by a boat propeller while swimming in Najomtien.

Full story:http://www.pattayamail.com/localnews/city-council-approves-11-4-million-baht-for-2-more-beach-swimming-zones-26815

pattayamaillogo.png
-- Pattaya Mail 2013-06-07 footer_n.gif

Why not do it the other way, have special zones for the boats and jet ski's. There are umbrellas and beach chairs up and down the beach, people want to go to the water in front of their chair, not a hundred meters down the beach. You cannot watch your valuables when they are down the beach, or watch your children, if they are not in front of you.

At Jomtien beach, most of the buoys are broke, and there has been some attempt to repair them. Why not get better buoys? What kind of materials do the lifeguard stations need? I have never seen a lifeguard setting in one, they were a waste of money, just like the traffic lights for the pedestrian crossings.

Is see. The tourist compensation fund was valued at 4 million Baht before it went bankrupt, but the mayor can pay 11.4 million Baht for two lengths of rope, and a few dozend plastic floaters. .4 million in actual costs, and 11 in kickbacks.

Move that into other currencies...... Over gbp 200k for rope, buoys and a couple of steel structures for a lifeguard. How can these people justify turning up for work. In the uk I could buy 10 new mercs or beemers for what mr mayor can build a couple of swimming zones. In Thailand I could probably build a small town for thb11,000,000

Unbelievable Thailand

Until the tax payers question this nothing will ever change.

11 million for a few buoys and a lifeguard tower which only use is for bums to sit and get drunk on it cheesy.gif

I think most of the money is for the "boys" not the "buoys"!

So Maths is not my strong point, but. 2 areas 80M by 100M, means 520M of rope and a buoy every meter 520 buoys.

Thats 22,000B or nearly £500 per meter/plastic buoy huh.png

Quite a bargain considering how many mouths are in the trough! 5% for materials and labour, 95% for uniforms and political positions.