How Much Do You Hate Tv Emoticons?......

I got in trouble yesterday ( again, daily occurrence you know ), for overuse of this emoticon.

coffee1.gifcoffee1.gifcoffee1.gifcoffee1.gifcoffee1.gifcoffee1.gifcoffee1.gifcoffee1.gif

How can such a cute wee emoticon raise such bile in some members?

blink.pngblink.pngblink.pngblink.png

So it got me thinking what emoticons do you really hate? I'm only a wee bit interested so don't be getting your knickers in a twist eh?

Just sayin' coffee1.gif

I don't like them, I never use them, they belong in children's books.

Once you have seen this, "cheesy.gif", twice you do not need.

If you need emoticons, then you should draw them yourself and post them to provide more nuance to your message, at the time of posting.

Like fresh coffee.

Every one has now become a cliche.

And I try to overlook them.

But use them if you must, it just shows your age.

Edited by OldChinaHam

When ever I see this one ... beatdeadhorse.gif it's usually time to move on, particularly if I've judged the Member to have good posting form.

Very rarely does any ever apologise on the Forum, so maybe this one is the least used ... sorry.gif

For me, this gem is underutilised ... post-4641-1156694005.gif ... actually, I could have used that one recently ... note to self.

So 'hate them' ... no ... a fun and enjoyable part of the Forum ... goof.gif

I particularly despise the misuse of the "Let sleeping dogs lie" icon.

I don't understand the usage of theBlether's favourite "stinking hangover" icon, either. and as for the epileptic fit icon, well, that's just in poor taste. I do like David's WWE Pantomimie icon, though. Oh yes I do.

SC

• Like 1

They serve a purpose for those English speakers who struggle with punctuation and those Americans who struggle with irony.

You are of course implying that these two groups might be one?

Wow! It's impressive when 'experts' on irony, and the English language, give us a demonstration.

My gift to them: cheesy.gif (the most irritating emoticon I can find)

Emoticons?? bah.gif

whistling.gif

One I would often wub.png to use as a response, (but never do), is jerk.gif but it might convey to the misguided and confused that their post somehow excites me .... so I resort to coffee1.gif instead.

BTW, I hate posts littered with emoticons..... whistling.gif ...Ooops I used that already... let's have tongue.png instead

When ever I see this one ... beatdeadhorse.gif it's usually time to move on, particularly if I've judged the Member to have good posting form.

Very rarely does any ever apologise on the Forum, so maybe this one is the least used ... sorry.gif

For me, this gem is underutilised ... post-4641-1156694005.gif ... actually, I could have used that one recently ... note to self.

good posting form?

sad.

good posting form?

sad.

really ? rolleyes.gif

violin.gif

I need to use a sarcasm / humour emoticon as on many occasions my attempts at humour are interpreted as being serious..( It may very well be it is not humorous to anybody else but myself???) . I got a roasting a while ago when a post of mine was misunderstood and this was because my form of humour is often self effacing . Problem is there is so many different levels of humour and also it appears a lot of posters take themselves too seriously.

Which one should i use for those who do not recognise sarcasm or attempted "humour" ?.wink.pngrolleyes.gifwhistling.gif

• Like 1

I don't hate them......I just think that they add a bit of lightheartedness to the post.

Can always tell those who take themselves too seriously by some of the negative comments about them.

My two favourites.....drunk.gif .......and .....thumbsup.gif

Cheers.

They serve a purpose for those English speakers who struggle with punctuation and those Americans who struggle with irony.

Irony in the states is bit on the same lines as coppery and silvery , innit ?

Note. No emoticonwhistling.gif

Sh-t coffee1.gif

No emoticon, plenty of flatus.

Irony in the states is bit on the same lines as coppery and silvery , innit ?

Note. No emoticonwhistling.gif

Sh-t coffee1.gif

No emoticon, plenty of flatus.

Correct word.clap2.gif

Note to all who use flatulence whistling.gifblink.pngsick.gif

I need to use a sarcasm / humour emoticon as on many occasions my attempts at humour are interpreted as being serious..( It may very well be it is not humorous to anybody else but myself???) . I got a roasting a while ago when a post of mine was misunderstood and this was because my form of humour is often self effacing . Problem is there is so many different levels of humour and also it appears a lot of posters take themselves too seriously.

Which one should i use for those who do not recognise sarcasm or attempted "humour" ?.wink.pngrolleyes.gifwhistling.gif

Me to! I live in constant fear that some tv'er will misconstrue the intended humor in a post and rip me a new one online. wink.png

Edited by habfan

emoticons are ok, I want a :facepalm: emoticon

There are a few ... but this one did shine ... enough-sign-smiley-emoticon.gif

However, for uniformity the Forum has a standard size for them and this one to large.

So you would get this ... talk-to-the-hand-sign-smiley-emoticon.gi ... not as much fun.