Simply Unbelievable

Ok, last week, I arrived on a flight on Qatar Airways. Manchester > Doha (Nice flight). Then from Doha > BKK. Wow that was a nice plane, it seemed brand new. Loads of leg room for a bull elephant. Food was the best I have ever had on a plane ever. Toilets were clean and flight was smooth.

Arrived BKK around 2pm. The gate was right next to immigration. Got off the plane and walked 50 meters to the immigration desk.

As I was travelling with my Wife and 3 year old (nearly) they let us go through the Thai immigration only queue, and stamped us, in photograph.

Our luggage was first off the carousel at baggage reclaim.

Went upstair on the escalator and got the express to Praya Thai station. Bought ticket, sat down on train, 2 minutes later, we were travelling at 60mph into Bangkok.

The train was air conditioned and clean. Arrived 12 minutes later at Praya Thai station.

Walked downstairs and crossed a busy road, where a Thai Police man, stopped traffic at just the right time for us to cross.

Walked into what was the Siam City Hotel, I forget the new name for it.

Swiped credit card for security and expense, went upstairs to room and lay on the bed.

Looked at the watch.

The total time elapsed from leaving the plane to laying on the bed at the hotel was . . . 23 minutes.

It was like lucid dream, totally and simply unbelievable.

• Like 1

The train was air conditioned and clean. Arrived 12 minutes later at Praya Thai station.

Even per the ARL web site, the enroute time from the airport to Phaya Thai is 24 minutes. Twelve minutes? rolleyes.gif

( http://srtet.co.th/en/11_time_table/express_svb-pth.html )

Our luggage was first off the carousel at baggage reclaim.

Went upstair on the escalator and got the express to Praya Thai station.

Do tell. You went UPSTAIRS to catch a train that departs from the basement?

Is my sarcasm detector not working and that entire post was a wind-up?

• Like 1

even the express line takes 17 minutes attest station to station from airport to payathai, I'm sure that was a dream, hope u enjoyed it good luck, however you have made my day. good1 , liked ur sense of humour.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Even per the ARL web site, the enroute time from the airport to Phaya Thai is 24 minutes. Twelve minutes? rolleyes.gif

( http://srtet.co.th/en/11_time_table/express_svb-pth.html )

>Our luggage was first off the carousel at baggage reclaim.

Went upstair on the escalator and got the express to Praya Thai station.

Do tell. You went UPSTAIRS to catch a train that departs from the basement?

Is my sarcasm detector not working and that entire post was a wind-up?

In another topic started by the OP today, he has a neighbour who bought a car through the rebate system which doesn't qualify for the scheme.

How about the OP knows Thailand only from looking on the world map.

• Like 1

Good Food On Qatar air....NO WAY

The food is good up the front on Qatar, and the last few times we have parked right where the OP says, but I can't vouch for the rest of it.

I'm normally out pretty quickly though, at Swampy, at least on the Gulf airlines, they do adhere to getting First and Business class bags off first.

I did say it was unbelievable and it appears to be the case.

No it was not a dream, yes the food on Qatar was a delight. Upstair to catch the train, downstairs to catch the train. When your tired after a long flight, I cant say I cared that much for semantics.

No I did not forget to wind the watch up.

I repeat entire trip from plane door to hotel bed, 23 minutes.

All I can say is this, I live a great life and the all of my posts are 100% true. If I am delusional, hell I don't ever want to be sane.

I did say it was unbelievable and it appears to be the case.

No it was not a dream, yes the food on Qatar was a delight. Upstair to catch the train, downstairs to catch the train. When your tired after a long flight, I cant say I cared that much for semantics. 

No I did not forget to wind the watch up.

All I can say is this, I live a great life and the all of my posts are 100% true. If I am delusional, hell I don't ever want to be sane. 

Not physically possible, don't lie.
  • Like 1

Arrived BKK around 2pm.

2 hours late or 5 hours early? smile.png
biggrin.png

Yes, The OP seems extremely confused. Maybe he's not even in Bangkok, but rather Kuala Lumpur? Or his "caring for semantics" didn't extend to telling time?

Maybe these are "dog minuets"? ;)

QR 614 Doha (DOH) 01:10 Bangkok (BKK) 12:05

QR 608 Doha (DOH) 08:25 Bangkok (BKK) 19:20

QR 610 Doha (DOH) 13:30 Bangkok (BKK) 00:20 +1 day(s)

QR 612 Doha (DOH) 20:55 Bangkok (BKK) 07:45 +1 day(s)

Edited by lomatopo
  • Like 2

whistling.gif O.K. maybe he was but this is NOT a troll response.

Turkish Airlines on 6 June from Bangkok to Ho Chi Minh.

I requested a wheelchair as I have problems going up and down stairs.

Arrived in Ho Chi Minh, wheelchair was waiting at walkway. I had been put in front row and was first person off plane.

Was wheeled right to priority gate for disabled (I'm not really, but I do have problems going down stairways and escalators).

I was first one from that flight arriving at immigration, in fact they had not yet officially posted that flight into immigration computer as having yet arrived.

So I had to wait until computer recognized the flight number as valid and allowed me to be stamped in. to Vietnam.

Was wheeled right to the baggage area, and the flight details hadn't been posted yet, so had to ask where the bags were supposed to arrive for TK 67 from Bangkok.

Unfortunately that's where the good luck ended.

Took almost 30 minutes to see my bag come down into the carousel.

Well, you can't win them all, can you.

whistling.gif O.K. maybe he was but this is NOT a troll response.

Turkish Airlines on 6 June from Bangkok to Ho Chi Minh.

I requested a wheelchair as I have problems going up and down stairs.

Arrived in Ho Chi Minh, wheelchair was waiting at walkway. I had been put in front row and was first person off plane.

Was wheeled right to priority gate for disabled (I'm not really, but I do have problems going down stairways and escalators).

I was first one from that flight arriving at immigration, in fact they had not yet officially posted that flight into immigration computer as having yet arrived.

So I had to wait until computer recognized the flight number as valid and allowed me to be stamped in. to Vietnam.

Was wheeled right to the baggage area, and the flight details hadn't been posted yet, so had to ask where the bags were supposed to arrive for TK 67 from Bangkok.

Unfortunately that's where the good luck ended.

Took almost 30 minutes to see my bag come down into the carousel.

Well, you can't win them all, can you.

So I guess you had to run to make it in time

It's just not possible, i arrive in Bangkok by air on average 5 times a year since 1997, and the last few years on C Class with fasttrack service, never ever have to wait to get a taxi down to Sathorn, travel only with carry on luggage, and even then, I am lucky to be at home within the hour.

• Like 1

It's just not possible, i arrive in Bangkok by air on average 5 times a year since 1997, and the last few years on C Class with fasttrack service, never ever have to wait to get a taxi down to Sathorn, travel only with carry on luggage, and even then, I am lucky to be at home within the hour.

Yeah it migjt be lucky to do it in 45mins and I see where the OP is coming from.

Still.....its an efficient airport....much more so than the European ones I use.

Yeah it migjt be lucky to do it in 45mins and I see where the OP is coming from.

Still.....its an efficient airport....much more so than the European ones I use.

Amsterdam is pretty efficient, compared to some US airports, but that's an open door, I know, but yeah Swampy is pretty efficient except maybe at peak hours

When I was staying at Ratchadapisek 5, I had a couple of 30-minute gate-to-room experiences. But that was when the airport express to Makkasan was more frequent and there used to be taxis at Makkasan. That was 12 minute airport transit, 12 minutes express train and 6 in the taxi.

All I can say is this, I live a great life and the all of my posts are 100% true. If I am delusional, hell I don't ever want to be sane.

I think you have to learn to count hours and minutes. Remember, one hour has 60 minutes.

So, now count again! wink.png