Ordering Vitamins Online - Recommendations?

Green

I am tired of the MBK vitamin mafia, can anyone recommend a reliable online vitamin shop that delivers to bkk and accepts Amex? I want to order kirkland fish oil, vit B complex, and multi. Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Green; Iherb DO ship to Thailand. Here is what you should do:

1. order for no more than (about) USD 50/order to avoid Thai customs and for sure less than $80 in order to get the below shipping option.

2. no more weight than 4 pounds (about 1.8 kilos)

3. then 1 shipping option costing only $4(!) will pop up (the no shipment options are the full courier services that you don't want to use anyway as attract customs fees like bees to honey! :) ) It is called: Global Priority Mail by DHL.

Then just order more than 1 package ($4 shipping) if needed. If your first order use code YOQ460 at check-out for an additional $10 of your order -order over $40 - and $5 if less.

The packages take 2-4 weeks to arrive. I have had more than 20 packages delivered over the last 2 years - all arrived safely.

Hope helped! Cheers!

I am also in dire need of some supplements that are not available here. Yesterday I placed an order at Iherb per the useful instructions by the poster Firefan. Easy process, Thailand was accepted as delivery destination, gave my credit card information for payment (package delivery address in Thailand, credit card billing address in Europe). However, today I received an E-mail asking me to verify that I am the proper credit card holder before delivering the package. Two options were given to make this verification:

“Option One: Verification by Small Charge Amount

Upon being sent this email requesting verification, a Small Charge was processed then refunded immediately. We request that you look at your online credit card statement or contact your bank to find out the exact amount of this charge. The exact amount charged serves as your verification.

Note: If your credit card generally deals with foreign currency, you will need the exact U.S. dollar amount, not the amount in your local currency. The bank can verify the U.S. dollar amount for you.”

“Option Two: Verification by Authorization Code

When you placed your order, the transaction was assigned an Authorization Code by your bank. You can obtain this code by contacting your Bank or Credit Card company and requesting the Authorization Code that was provided to iHerb by your financial institution. Please note that the Authorization Code is unique to each transaction on your credit card. Please provide the Authorization Code related to your purchase from iHerb.”

For option no. 1 I checked my credit card account on-line, there was no transaction info from Iherb. For option no. 2 I checked my bank account on-line to see if there is some notification from the bank, but none. Contacting the bank by email or personally to get the verification code feels too much effort so I canceled the order.

I’m all for securing credit card information since I order stuff on-line frequently. However this was my first attempt in on-line ordering to Thailand address and Iherb’s method of verification was new to me. How did you others manage the payment? I’m still willing to give Iherb another go.

Cannot help but notice this on the web site some of you seem to frequent !

Disclaimer: Statements made, or products sold through this website, have not been evaluated by the Disclaimer: Statements made, or products sold through this website, have not been evaluated by the United States Food and Drug Administration. a

Which means no guarantee of quality or content !

I've been ordering from swansonvitamins.com for years and have the shipments drop shipped by friends and relatives and the savings from Swanson's vitamins and no duties [so far] if re sent by friends by USPS more than offsets the price compared with here. Excellent source of most all vitamins and supplements.

Always wondered why vitamins are so expensive here in Asia??? 4x to 5x what the local prices are.

jaideeguy, what size/cost (how many bottles) of stuff do you order? I used to have relatives send and they would putt them in zip locks with the labels and send in a bubble pack. They also arrived to my address no duty. I just don't want to hassle them though, nor have to reimburse them which is a pain...

And the Swanson's disclaimer reads as follows !

Notice: The products and information found on www.swansonvitamins.com are not intended to replace professional medical advice or treatment. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Our dietary supplements are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease or medical condition. Individual results may vary. SwansonVitamins.com urges you to seek the advice of a qualified professional for any health concern lasting more than two weeks, and to share with your provider any information pertaining to your health and well-being, including the use of supplemental nutrition.

Coincidentally I ordered from Iherb two days ago for the first time and also got the same verification notice. I had to call my USA credit card company which meant buying Skype credit which meant updating Skype. It all worked flawlessly surprisingly and 15 minutes later Iherb confirmed and shipped an hour later. Still it was a pain in the ass and I also considered canceling.

Surely they don't make you verify every time you order?

has anyone found a reliable online vitamin store to order from? I was going to order from amazon, then iherb, but when at checkout it says the items can't be shipped here! ...

What specific supplements or vitamins are you looking to buy ?

has anyone found a reliable online vitamin store to order from? I was going to order from amazon, then iherb, but when at checkout it says the items can't be shipped here! ...

Non flush niacin,

B,

ester-C 1000mg,

Spirulina,

Kirkland signature enteric coated Fish oil 180 caps (this has the highest potency of any I have found, plus it is enteric coated. Most fish oils you find are half the potency plus you get fish burps)

I just picked up a kirkland multi and a bottle of cal/mag/zinc, so wont need those.

Non flush niacin,

B,

ester-C 1000mg,

Spirulina,

Kirkland signature enteric coated Fish oil 180 caps (this has the highest potency of any I have found, plus it is enteric coated. Most fish oils you find are half the potency plus you get fish burps)

I just picked up a kirkland multi and a bottle of cal/mag/zinc, so wont need those.

I just sent you a pm

And the Swanson's disclaimer reads as follows !

Notice: The products and information found on www.swansonvitamins.com are not intended to replace professional medical advice or treatment. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Our dietary supplements are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease or medical condition. Individual results may vary. SwansonVitamins.com urges you to seek the advice of a qualified professional for any health concern lasting more than two weeks, and to share with your provider any information pertaining to your health and well-being, including the use of supplemental nutrition.

The warning seems to be self explanatory, its called CYA. As most Mds have no training in the use of vitamins and minerals why would one waste their time and money consulting someone who knows squat.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Up until about Nov 2013 I was able to buy stuff from iherb but as of about 2 weeks ago I was told that this is no longer possible due to the fact that this has now been prohibited by the Thai government. iherb said they do not know why. Cannot order from amazon or vitaminshoppe either. Anyone know what is going on ? Any way round this?

I ordered my eight bottles of vitamins and two boxes of zone bars on 29Dec along with my muscle milk on 30Dec from iHerb.com. Last week, I received my muscle milk, but my two other packages haven't been delivered. I'm hoping it's slow mail. Good luck!

from my iPad in Cha-Am

Edited by ocean268

• 4 weeks later...

Rockefeller/ Big Pharma propaganda. Disease rates and profits increase year on year. People who employ alternative methods to the allopathic approach fair much better on average. The shepple get fatter, sicker and more stupid. You think anything coming out of Harvard is objective and scientific? Pigs might fly.

My recommendation is DON"T BOTHER.

If you have a normal balanced diet, you don't need extra vitamins. Taking a surfeit of some vitamins can be dangerous too.

Your a nutritionist? and know this for sure?

Who knows if your right or wrong, I know I feel a lot healthier when I take a VitC supplement than when I don't, also Krill Oil for my Omega 3's that I know I wont get from Thai fish. Iron can be deficient in a lot of people. and need a supplement

I am a heavy drinker and moderate smoker (cigars) both destroy vitamins in your body that IMHO need replacing more than with just food alone, specially Thai vegetables containing who knows what pesticides

If you have a normal balanced diet, you don't need extra vitamins. Taking a surfeit of some vitamins can be dangerous too.

Who knows if your right or wrong, I know I feel a lot healthier when I take a VitC supplement than when I don't, also Krill Oil for my Omega 3's that I know I wont get from Thai fish. Iron can be deficient in a lot of people. and need a supplement

I am a heavy drinker and moderate smoker (cigars) both destroy vitamins in your body that IMHO need replacing more than with just food alone, specially Thai vegetables containing who knows what pesticides

Firstly - Am I a nutitionist? YES!

Secondly - How do I know this for sure? Same way I know those little people in the TV ain't gonna jump out and get me!

Edited by wilcopops
  • Like 1

....and bartender, if you think that taking vitamins will in any way counteract the effects of drinking and smoking, you are in for a sad surprise. It may also come as a surprise to you to hear that the antidote for heavy drinking and smoking is to STOP DRINKING and SMOKING!

The recent meta study, I believe the largest ever completed, backs up Wilcopops.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

Edited by cheeryble