Vientiane/ Luang Prabang

thevoyager290

LP, just head to the river and there are tons of them up there.

Last july i stayed at the Lao style GH, run by a really nice American young man running it for his family, right on theriver

Vientiane i stay at the Souphaphone GH. 1 block from river, 2 1/2 blocks to the fountain where all the rests are.

there is some nightlife along the river

GF??? no idea as was traveling with my daughter or gf

Orchid Guesthouse, 33 Fangum Road (boulevard and Thailand on the other side) right next to the Riverside MInimart is my home away from home for more then 10 years, it's a bit shabby cuz the greedy Chinese owner doesn't understand his job, but the staff are very friendly and helpful. Choose the room you like, some have no view or poor mattresses. It's low season now so prices are lower too, best rooms are in front for 20USD.

A well managed guesthouse just around the first corner near 'F-shop' is called Mixay Guesthouse, 450b for room 201 or 301, very clean well organized and great people who run it. Free coffee all day.

But just my personal choices.

Orchid Guesthouse, 33 Fangum Road (boulevard and Thailand on the other side) right next to the Riverside MInimart is my home away from home for more then 10 years, it's a bit shabby cuz the greedy Chinese owner doesn't understand his job, but the staff are very friendly and helpful. Choose the room you like, some have no view or poor mattresses. It's low season now so prices are lower too, best rooms are in front for 20USD.

A well managed guesthouse just around the first corner near 'F-shop' is called Mixay Guesthouse, 450b for room 201 or 301, very clean well organized and great people who run it. Free coffee all day.

thanks.

do you some places for nightlife?

LP, just head to the river and there are tons of them up there.

Last july i stayed at the Lao style GH, run by a really nice American young man running it for his family, right on theriver

Vientiane i stay at the Souphaphone GH. 1 block from river, 2 1/2 blocks to the fountain where all the rests are.

there is some nightlife along the river

GF??? no idea as was traveling with my daughter or gf

thank you

lots of hotels and GH's around the Orchid GH area, as for entertainment and are on foot, typical pub crawl is 3 bars in the area Khop Chai Dou bar next to the fountain is more of a restaurant but has Lao girls there playing pool and listening to the live but sedate music there, Samlo bar is on the same street as KCD upsteam (north) about 4 blocks, same side of the street across from Mixay temple, if you walk you'll get hit up by the couple of the streetwalkers there, pass on that, Samlo is a pub bar with soccer etc on TV and a pool table, girls hang here as well, then walk towards the Mekong from Samlo turn right at the riverfront (Fa Ngum rd) next door to Intercity hotel is Bor Pen Nyang bar, this this the most popular bar in town, and is more crowded the later you go, gotta walk up 4 flights of stairs to the rooftop, but lots of falangs and Lao girls there, the thing you must remember is some hotels will not allow you to bring a Lao girl to your room (Lang Xang hotel) Orchid guesthouse is OK but can't comment on which other ones do or don't, theres other bars as well along Fa Ngum rd, Galaxy has live music, Tex mex, Red Mekong, cluster of bars behind the Mercure Hotel (old Novotel) are popular too

Well, as the OP asked " are there any girl friendly hotels?"' ,and as Callao responds " some hotels will not allow you to bring Lao girls there", hence my point -- and "no" Lovelaos, I am not saying "there are no girls in Laos", I'm only saying...sorry, I've had a few... . I guess what I'm trying to say is that Laos is not the same as Thailand. Sorry... I've had a few...

• Like 1

Orchid Guesthouse, 33 Fangum Road (boulevard and Thailand on the other side) right next to the Riverside MInimart is my home away from home for more then 10 years, it's a bit shabby cuz the greedy Chinese owner doesn't understand his job, but the staff are very friendly and helpful. Choose the room you like, some have no view or poor mattresses.  It's low season now so prices are lower too, best rooms are in front for 20USD.

thanks.

do you some places for nightlife?

Most young people in Vientiane go to nightclub/disco At Home, just don't forget to bring earplugs otherwise after you will be deaf for a week, also in Novotel there is a disco as well and few others nearby, alsi in Don Chan Palace hotel along the river there is an upscale discoclub.

Every evening (but depending on the weather) there is live music at the Nam Phou fountain, with restaurands around, very nice and a good singer, few day a week also live music at café Alexia along the boulevard. Just opposite there is also a live music pub.

The noisy disco's are too far to walk, on the way to the airport.

I just about to fly back to Bangkok

Laos Silk Hotel is nice too and Mixay Paradise Guesthouse along the same strip is also good if you are in a budget

The whole city area is walkable and all the places mention is less than 10 min walk either direction

Along the river boulevard park is a mo e place after 6pm to see all the Laos gather to walk with the families and exercise

I have been here every night for the last 3 night and met some really friendly people

lots of hotels and GH's around the Orchid GH area, as for entertainment and are on foot, typical pub crawl is 3 bars in the area Khop Chai Dou bar next to the fountain is more of a restaurant but has Lao girls there playing pool and listening to the live but sedate music there, Samlo bar is on the same street as KCD upsteam (north) about 4 blocks, same side of the street across from Mixay temple, if you walk you'll get hit up by the couple of the streetwalkers there, pass on that, Samlo is a pub bar with soccer etc on TV and a pool table, girls hang here as well, then walk towards the Mekong from Samlo turn right at the riverfront (Fa Ngum rd) next door to Intercity hotel is Bor Pen Nyang bar, this this the most popular bar in town, and is more crowded the later you go, gotta walk up 4 flights of stairs to the rooftop, but lots of falangs and Lao girls there, the thing you must remember is some hotels will not allow you to bring a Lao girl to your room (Lang Xang hotel) Orchid guesthouse is OK but can't comment on which other ones do or don't, theres other bars as well along Fa Ngum rd, Galaxy has live music, Tex mex, Red Mekong, cluster of bars behind the Mercure Hotel (old Novotel) are popular too

That is true but many will turn a blind eye to it or you can just book a second room. Another possibility is picking a hotel or guesthouse that is run by a foreigner. The Orchid GH has been mentioned as having a Chinese owner but in Vientiane, unlike Luang Prabang, many guesthouses and hotels are still run by locals. Anyway, a hotel with foreign ownership and perhaps even foreign staff behind the counter wouldn't mind seeing a local girl entering their rooms.

Or head to the Chinese owned and run Sanjiang Hotel behind the airport. Probably not a single Lao person working there and thus you could easily sneak in a local woman at night. However, I am not advocating being sneaky in Laos because there have been instances where foreigners were deported because of this but as local expats tell me as long as you are discreet and don't upset anyone (usually for completely different reasons not at all related to bar girls) then nobody will know...

if you like discos theres one at Mercure Hotel (old novotel) , 1/2 block up LP rd from there is Future disco, and Marina disco with bowling alley is further up the street, Meena disco is on the same road as Khop Chai Dou bar about 2 km downstream on the left and Romeo disco is another 1 km on the right, Sornedith Club is a disco with more Gays and ladyboys, look on a hobo map for Sornedith Hotel, but all these places require some sort of transportation as they are not walking distance from downtown, maybe Novotel and Future are, the other bars I mentioned are all in the same area and easily walkable

there are hotels that are not going to allow you to bring girls there, Lang Xang and Lao Plaza, are gov. affiliated, Don Chan palace used to be OK but is under new ownership and so no more disco till 3am and stricter policys, I know I've seen girls staying at Sengtawan hotel and Vansana riverside, my partying friend stayed at Orchid for months so that's OK, hard to know with other hotels, some Laos are very strict on this and some not at all, never heard of joiner fees, and if you do, remember you don't have the relative safety? of having the hotel ask for and keep a girls ID card so be extra careful with your stuff, don't think that because you are in Laos that the same precautions you would take in Pattaya or Phuket don't apply in VTE, Luang Prabang is much more sticky on this, not really doable up there unless you check in together, never a problem travelling with and staying together with a lao girl in Laos, and people hook up everyday in VTE

there are hotels that are not going to allow you to bring girls there, Lang Xang and Lao Plaza, are gov. affiliated, Don Chan palace used to be OK but is under new ownership and so no more disco till 3am and stricter policys, I know I've seen girls staying at Sengtawan hotel and Vansana riverside, my partying friend stayed at Orchid for months so that's OK, hard to know with other hotels, some Laos are very strict on this and some not at all, never heard of joiner fees, and if you do, remember you don't have the relative safety? of having the hotel ask for and keep a girls ID card so be extra careful with your stuff, don't think that because you are in Laos that the same precautions you would take in Pattaya or Phuket don't apply in VTE, Luang Prabang is much more sticky on this, not really doable up there unless you check in together, never a problem travelling with and staying together with a lao girl in Laos, and people hook up everyday in VTE

thank you for informations

thank you for informations

have you some informations for girl friendly hotel and nightlife at Luang Prabang

Red Mekong has gone now,a long time ago as in years!Shame really as it was a lovely old colonial building but replaced with new concrete horror and offices or something now.