Need Recommendations On 600Cc Bike

Looks Kawa stopped selling the ZX-6R here.

http://www.kawasaki.co.th/th/motorcycle.asp

They were selling them for around 2 years at a great price (which I happen to forget). Neighbour bought one and they were certainly great value for the Thai market.

Kawasaki never sold the zx6r here. I asked enough times to be sure of this... And even if they did it wouldn't have been at a "great" price.

Kawasaki only sold the ZX-10R a few years back.... sales figures where disappointing and the model was discontinued. But Yamaha Thailand has the FZ8 which is a very nice motorcycle to ride, but yes I have to say that it's not as sharp as the latest YZF-R6. Actually the last Yamaha YZF-R6 model sold in Thailand is something you would prefer over the latest (2013) model, its more powerful (133.6 horsepower vs 122 horsepower for the 2013 model).

Edited by Richard-BKK

They were selling them for around 2 years at a great price (which I happen to forget). Neighbour bought one and they were certainly great value for the Thai market.

Kawasaki never sold the zx6r here. I asked enough times to be sure of this... And even if they did it wouldn't have been at a "great" price.

Sorry, yes, ZX-10R.

My neighbour bought a N650, his first bike, then 2 months later took home a zx-10r to compliment it. :D

Was around 650k I think, so around 1/4 of a million baht cheaper than the R1 was.

There was a 2006 cbr600 in CM with green book listed on baht & sold a few days ago. Pics looked good and good price too.

I wonder if that was the Blue & Yellow 06 Tums has been trying to sell for awhile now?

If it was 289K then yes

Here is another 06 cbr600rr in Korat for 220k

http://www.bahtsold.com/view/honda-cbr600rr-06-with-legal-green-book-136869?doqs=1

I just traded in the R6 in Red Baron and was the second owner, fantastic bike and really good fun. Only reason I traded it in was for a 2012 R1 which I will pick up when I get home. If you want to know anything more about the bike just PM me and I will be happy to let you know.

Sorry, yes, ZX-10R.

My neighbour bought a N650, his first bike, then 2 months later took home a zx-10r to compliment it. biggrin.png

Was around 650k I think, so around 1/4 of a million baht cheaper than the R1 was.

1/4 of a million baht cheaper really?

There was a 2006 cbr600 in CM with green book listed on baht & sold a few days ago. Pics looked good and good price too.

I wonder if that was the Blue & Yellow 06 Tums has been trying to sell for awhile now?

If it was 289K then yes

Here is another 06 cbr600rr in Korat for 220k

http://www.bahtsold.com/view/honda-cbr600rr-06-with-legal-green-book-136869?doqs=1

It was the bike in korat i was thinking of.

buyer beware with these second hand big bikes. how many of them are really 100% legal. The shit has hit the fan already after those burned out cars were investigated.

would not touch anything registered in si sa ket whistling.gif

Edited by pokerkid
  • Like 1

The Yamaha YZF-R6 is the only one which was officially sold in Thailand, the Honda CBR600, Suzuki GSX-R600 or the Kawasaki ZX-6R are all four grey-imported motorcycycles. Some grey-imported motorcycles for example imported by Redbaron have all the ride paperwork … but I also know a few shops that promise the stars but you often get nothing or some obvious fake documents...

Be extremely careful when you buy a motorcycle like this...

• Like 1

I always have to laugh when i see bikes advertised without green book. Then they mention: easy to make a green book...........if it was so easy why didn't they do it in the first place. but fools rush in.

Maybe the same buyers that buy a beer bar because I have heard that is a great investment opportunity

Edited by pokerkid

I always have to laugh when i see bikes advertised without green book. Then they mention: easy to make a green book...........if it was so easy why didn't they do it in the first place. but fools rush in.

Maybe the same buyers that buy a beer bar because I have heard that is a great investment opportunity

Why laugh? The vast majority of big bikes in Thailand only have invoice & 3% excise tax papers and are used daily without issues. I've ridden with quite a few groups in central, north & north-east Thailand and not one has even been fined for no plate/green book. Outside of BKK, Pattaya & Phuket there is more risk of hitting fornicating buffalo than having problems due to no green book. This is Thailand, far too many important people ride big bikes without green books for it to become a problem and the police couldn't care less!

Why laugh? The vast majority of big bikes in Thailand only have invoice & 3% excise tax papers and are used daily without issues. I've ridden with quite a few groups in central, north & north-east Thailand and not one has even been fined for no plate/green book. Outside of BKK, Pattaya & Phuket there is more risk of hitting fornicating buffalo than having problems due to no green book. This is Thailand, far too many important people ride big bikes without green books for it to become a problem and the police couldn't care less!

most farangs are not important here at all, ask the ones who lost their harleys and sportsbikes to the bib

I will bet the people that had their cars confiscated thought the same as you.

I watched the news in Thai channel 7 on Saturday and there were some high ranking officials talking about big bikes with no plate or registration. My gf translated it to me.

So they said, they will start to make more check points and will stop big bikes for careful examination. Besides, they will start to check the registration through transport office and call the owners of dodgy and suspicious bikes to police station or court if necessary for asking some questions.

As i am sure some of you guys heard about burned down Ferrari, Bentley and Lamborghini in Pak Chong and they figured out that they are going to Sriksaket for fake registration and to border for hiding them in Cambodia.

So, DSI and police is pretty active on this tax dodging issue on luxury cars and big bikes nowadays.

Those days with no plate no greenbook is gone forever and whoever say me " Hey, no problem, i ride like that 10 years" does really do not make any sense to me as one day which will be pretty soon, they will stop you can confiscate your bike.

• Like 1

I saw this Ducati the other day getting a tune up & the owner drove off after.

Love that dry clutch rattle at idle & how it smooths out into a deep

roar as he accelerated away.

But definitely no plates or book on this one.

Funny thing is I am 99.9% sure this is the same guy I see with a nice Street Fighter too that

is fully registered

As others have said there are lots & lots of these bikes around.

Good luck to the owners & wish them well but I could never lay out a couple hundred baht with just the hope

that things will be ok for not getting it impounded. But really the bigger worry is can they be insured?

What would happen in an accident I wonder? Thing like that in this country where I do not feel

I have equal rights to begin with make it a non starter for me.

Track Bikes no problem though & some good deals to be had for that I guess.

Edited by mania
  • Like 1