Is The New Border Crossing Into Loa From Uttaradit Open

It is only open for Thai and Lao people. Went there a few weeks ago, just before it opened, and they were telling me that it would become an international crossing in about three month. Not sure if that will happen though. On the Thai side it is called the Poo Doo or Pu Du crossing and from there is about 40 km to Paklay in Laos. Thailand has provided a loan to Laos to upgrade the dirt road from the border crossing to the paved highway 4 in Laos which runs from the boder crossing north of Loei in Thailand to Xayaboury and on the Hongsa and/or Luang Prabang

It is only open for Thai and Lao people. Went there a few weeks ago, just before it opened, and they were telling me that it would become an international crossing in about three month. Not sure if that will happen though. On the Thai side it is called the Poo Doo or Pu Du crossing and from there is about 40 km to Paklay in Laos. Thailand has provided a loan to Laos to upgrade the dirt road from the border crossing to the paved highway 4 in Laos which runs from the boder crossing north of Loei in Thailand to Xayaboury and on the Hongsa and/or Luang Prabang

They should have made it an international crossing from the beginning, no idea why they didn't - anyway, can you update us when it becomes an international crossing?

They should have made it an international crossing from the beginning, no idea why they didn't - anyway, can you update us when it becomes an international crossing?

would be good if can get update i have to do a run next month i live 2hrs from the crossing away dont want to go to tak if i can help it bloody road is hopless

You might be able to use it if you already had a Lao visa. Not having a Lao visa on arrival office is probably the hold up.

I can remember when Vientiane was the only crossing with Lao VOA. That meant a long trip to there instead of being able to cross the river at other locations much closer to Ubon without a trip to Bangkok for a visa.

Edited by ubonjoe