2 Children Beheaded By Taliban Militants, Afghan Authorities Say

webfact

Anybody on either could have done this.

They obviously got the reaction they were after.

Every terribly dangerous (doncha know) ex-military pretendo, phony SAS pub-crawling bar-stool gas bag will be straining his brain-stem to touch his gonads in a supreme effort to trump the indignant post that went before.

Half the posts will have us believe by reference or by implication that they've done tours in Kandahar.

Just the way anyone and his auntie had relatives who perished in the twin towers.

A free pass to hate and revile Islam seems available to anyone who wants to leave his critical faculties at the door.

I for one am sick onto death of this nonsense hatred.

We do not know who did this.

Could have been anyone for any reason.

Get a grip ninnies.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many highly respected journalists on the ground in Afghanistan & others have stated that the Taliban were originally welcomed as they stopped the exploitation & general mayhem by the variously regional ethnic & tribal warlords after the pull out by the Soviets. However the Taliban then proceeded down the path of radical interpretation of the Koran and Sharia Law that turned the general population against them. The Taliban also oppressed non-Pashtun ethnic minorities. As stated above, those who oppose the Taliban in the villages & towns are ill equipped to take them on. It's probable that after the NATO pull out the Afghan army and police, who have been equipped and trained by NATO, will degenerate into tribal and ethnic factions and all will revert to the same scenario after the Soviets retreated and the return of the Taliban leadership from Pakistan.

Senior NATO commanders, have admitted that they have failed in their COIN strategic goals, but often hushed up/replaced at the direction of politicians.

Good post..... Agree with you. Just to clarify - the border between Pakistan and Afghanistan is porous at best in a number of places; it is too vast to police, and, I suspect the Taliban are already significantly covertly entrenched in both the police and the Afghan army. It's a waiting game.

Every terribly dangerous (doncha know) ex-military pretendo, phony SAS pub-crawling bar-stool gas bag will be straining his brain-stem to touch his gonads in a supreme effort to trump the indignant post that went before.

Half the posts will have us believe by reference or by implication that they've done tours in Kandahar.

Just the way anyone and his auntie had relatives who perished in the twin towers.

A free pass to hate and revile Islam seems available to anyone who wants to leave his critical faculties at the door.

Get a grip ninnies.

Suggest a trip in the region if you have time might be more informative for you. Start at Islamabad, pop over to Peshawar and FATA (Federally Administered Tribal Areas) and then enter Afghanistan along the Kyber. Eventually you will get to Kabul (if you are still alive), a fascinating city where you will not be at home. On your way south you acquaint yourself with the not so relaxed environment of little known Urozgan, pop down to Kandahar, relax for a few hours and take in the atmosphere before crossing the border back into Pakistan at the Taliban resort of Quetta. Take your time. Learn about the Afghans, the Pakistani's and the Taliban. I personally have good Afghan and Pakistani friends, and my work time in both countries was non military!

When you get back please resubmit the above post or any amendments you may have.

Why in the world don't you serious Muslims stop these devils from doing the horrible things that they do? They claim that they are doing these things in the name of Islam. Bullshit, of course. Murdering random people and choosing to murder children? Not acceptable in any civilized society, or even in any non-civilized society. My brother lives in the most populated Muslim community in America, Dearborn, Michigan. He is not Muslim, but he loves it there. Most of his friends are Muslim. Is there no Muslim authority that can force these bad people to rejoin the human race? If not, what is keeping you ordinary Muslims from stopping these people from doing the devil's work? Are you afraid? I would be, but I hope that I would have the courage to act, in spite of the danger. Man up!

the obvious answer: because a lot of them passively agree with the extremists!

• Like 1

*Deleted quote edited out*

Unfortunately the beheading phenomenon has gone global, as the UK recently discovered, that's the poisonous ideology known as Wahabbism for you, exported to the world from Saudi Arabia, as they do with oil.

Edited by Scott

Get a grip ninnies.

So I take it you are a huge Taliban supporter.

How on earth anyone could behead two children is beyond me. How they could believe they were spies is also beggars belief.

I agree it defies belief!

I'm lost for words.

If you have time, watch that show I posted a link for. What they basically say is you are dealing with people who are very poor and totally uneducated. The children are basically brainwashed. Education truly is the key...just not at a madras!!

Education is the key to correcting stupidity. I don't know that it works with this type of insanity.

Having spent quite a number of years living in the Middle East (and I know that Afghanistan is not the Middle East), I am aware that it can be a harsh and unforgiving land. In most of the countries, however, there is some semblance of civil society. Justice is strict and swift. These are summary executions of children.

What exactly did these youngsters do wrong?

How on earth anyone could behead two children is beyond me. How they could believe they were spies is also beggars belief.

I agree it defies belief!

I'm lost for words.

If you have time, watch that show I posted a link for. What they basically say is you are dealing with people who are very poor and totally uneducated. The children are basically brainwashed. Education truly is the key...just not at a madras!!

When the Taliban take control again and education is not allowed the future looks glum for the country and the people.

Education is the key to correcting stupidity. I don't know that it works with this type of insanity.

Having spent quite a number of years living in the Middle East (and I know that Afghanistan is not the Middle East), I am aware that it can be a harsh and unforgiving land. In most of the countries, however, there is some semblance of civil society. Justice is strict and swift. These are summary executions of children.

They were hungry and got a handout of food from the enemy of the Taliban.

They were hungry and got a handout of food from the enemy of the Taliban.

The tactic (murder/mutilate anyone who is seen to accept assistance from the enemy to counter trust building) is used by insurgency organisations to instal fear or destablise the population, not just radical Islam. It does not detract from these acts of evil by the Taliban, but the wars in Vietnam and Sierra Leone are examples.

Edited by simple1
  • Like 1

Get a grip ninnies.

So I take it you are a huge Taliban supporter.

Of course not. But the facts remain.

Huge supporter ??

You mean like the US, Ronald Reagan, Charlie Wilson and the CIA in the 70's ??

Well I have evolved since the US trained, armed and supported these very "Taliban extremists" to decimate the Soviets.

(So has the US apparently. They are currently arming and giving air cover to Al Qaida/Libya maniacs to destabilize the Bath'ist-Hezbollah bloc in Syria

The beheadings and mass executions there are US approved because Syria is the back door to Iran's sweet crude.)

But hey, don't let me and historical and current facts get in the way of a good old Thai Visa Muslim bash.

And the juggernaut of ignorant hatred this kind of atrocity invariably invokes from TV tough guys and haters.

The tactic (murder/mutilate anyone who is seen to accept assistance from the enemy to counter trust building) is used by insurgency organisations to instal fear or destablise the population, not just radical Islam. It does not detract from these acts of evil by the Taliban, but the wars in Vietnam and Sierra Leone are examples.

Donnie, simple 1 has it in a nutshell. The RUF in Sierra Leone were not Islamists and their atrocities attracted similar outrage as the Taliban attracts in the Stans now. Rwanda the same. DRC present day the same. The LTTE and pro Singhalese Govt paramilitaries the same. Lets not start on the Bosnian conflict (both sides). All recent enough for our memories I think? This is not a Muslim bash from me or others, it is an outrage against perpetrators of mass terror against their own for the purposes of destabilising their own population now. Worse this particular case is an abhorrent atrocity against children.

As for Syria, a country (and region) where I have also lived and worked - happy to participate in a discussion on that in a different thread.

Donnie, simple 1 has it in a nutshell. The RUF in Sierra Leone were not Islamists and their atrocities attracted similar outrage as the Taliban attracts in the Stans now. Rwanda the same. DRC present day the same. The LTTE and pro Singhalese Govt paramilitaries the same. Lets not start on the Bosnian conflict (both sides). All recent enough for our memories I think? This is not a Muslim bash from me or others, it is an outrage against perpetrators of mass terror against their own for the purposes of destabilising their own population now. Worse this particular case is an abhorrent atrocity against children.

As for Syria, a country (and region) where I have also lived and worked - happy to participate in a discussion on that in a different thread.

Not to detract from the actions by the Taliban, but thousands of children in your example conflict zones targetted for killing and mutilaltion.

The beheadings and mass executions there are US approved because Syria is the back door to Iran's sweet crude.)

Correction: It's the back door for the spread of Shi'a state-sponsored terrorism and destabilisation into the GCC countries.

Hezbollah are neutered without Syria.

And who else does that suit?

wink.png

An off-topic post has been deleted. The posts are beginning to move a little too far off-topic. Discussion of the war in Syria is not the topic of this thread. There are other threads on Syria.

Please stay on the topic.

Correction: It's the back door for the spread of Shi'a state-sponsored terrorism and destabilisation into the GCC countries.

Hezbollah are neutered without Syria.

And who else does that suit?

wink.png

Well actually there is far more to the suppression of the Shia within the GCC than you might believe or know, not to mention the iraqi (and others unknown) genocide of recent years prior to the democratic West's arrival stage right. Happy to discuss in another thread having lived and worked amongst the Shia community. Also lived in Riyadh for 2 years...... Start the thread and I'll be there! Apologies for being off topic, but also important to remind all that Bin Ladin was a Saudi ( a GCC state). Sunni v Shia is a dynamic, but not the only one in the mix!

It beats me what we are doing there, the Taliban are monsters, but those actually ruling Afghanistan are only marginally better with respect to human rights. You can recoil in horror at the OP, but here is but one other example of countless as to what life is like there.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jun/10/afghan-parliament-upholds-right-marry-children/#ixzz2W0Sr4wIF

P.S Any moral relativists willing to comment on this one?

It is a shame that we are still in the OIL age. If we were not then folk could get on with their heinous stuff in their own environment and we could live our lives in peace. Religious fanatics could go home and fool around with camels and live in tents. Come on todays folk, find a substitute to oil so we can stay at home and live the life we want and have made. We have bent over backwards to accept folk from all over the world but............sad.png

It beats me what we are doing there, the Taliban are monsters, but those actually ruling Afghanistan are only marginally better with respect to human rights. You can recoil in horror at the OP, but here is but one other example of countless as to what life is like there.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jun/10/afghan-parliament-upholds-right-marry-children/#ixzz2W0Sr4wIF

And that 11 year old will be one of several wives. Dispicable!

And that 11 year old will be one of several wives. Dispicable!

Karzai is a two faced arse#@*%. He will do anything to stay in power in order to enrich himself by kowtowing to conversative Islamist MPs. I do not believe for one minute that in reality he did anything to stop this law being passed

Edited by simple1