Top Box

splodger

You know you get what you pay for. I have had 2 jintan boxes. I just replaced my 30 liter box that I paid 1800 baht for with a Givi 32 liter box for 5000 baht. The difference is in the mounting. The Shad & Givi lock onto the plate & the cheaper boxes need to have extra bolts (no big deal)

This is one time on an expense that is justified. The rack is the same I paid for a Honda wave. If you want I will sell you my Jintan for 400 baht.

It needs a fiberglass patch on the bottom as all of the cheaper boxes flex more than the 5000 baht boxes- go figure. If you want the box PM me.

It may be worth just spending the 5000 baht(pending on the size) & transferring it to your next bike. Since my bike is a 650 ER6n it requires a hardier box to handle the torque.

You know you get what you pay for. I have had 2 jintan boxes. I just replaced my 30 liter box that I paid 1800 baht for with a Givi 32 liter box for 5000 baht. The difference is in the mounting. The Shad & Givi lock onto the plate & the cheaper boxes need to have extra bolts (no big deal)

This is one time on an expense that is justified. The rack is the same I paid for a Honda wave. If you want I will sell you my Jintan for 400 baht.

It needs a fiberglass patch on the bottom as all of the cheaper boxes flex more than the 5000 baht boxes- go figure. If you want the box PM me.

It may be worth just spending the 5000 baht(pending on the size) & transferring it to your next bike. Since my bike is a 650 ER6n it requires a hardier box to handle the torque.

I have Givi and Shad boxes. I prefer the locking mechanism on the Shad. Not sure if they are all the same. I have the the 40litre box. Simple one handed lock.

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE Q6

I have Givi and Shad boxes. I prefer the locking mechanism on the Shad. Not sure if they are all the same. I have the the 40litre box. Simple one handed lock.

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE Q6

I looked at both of them & believe the Shad boxes are probably a bit superior & a little more baht for the same size. The mounting plate that locks the box to the rack in both are excellent & virtually the only way the box can fly off the mount is if you screw up & release the box & not check it or do not make absolutely sure you have locked it in place & tested by pulling up on the box after removal. I think both the Givi & the Shad are comparable in the lock plates. The box is better with the Shad. Not available in the size I got in Pattaya at the time. I think the Shad & Givi use the same one handed method. But on certain parts & aftermarket parts you do get what you pay for!

And the size of your bike and torque has to do what with a top box?I've got a 7 inch penis,what size is yours,thats if you have one.

And the size of your bike and torque has to do what with a top box?I've got a 7 inch penis,what size is yours,thats if you have one.

My bike does 207 kilos 650 Kawasaki. I average 130 to 140 but like to get it up up 120 in seconds hence the torque factor. My Yamaha Nuovo did up to 120 Huge difference in HP. If you have a lot of gforce that will affect your box flex. Just like dicks all top boxes not the same.

The point is the Shad or Givi is better made box & can take way more punishment than the cheaper varieties. But it is up to you. I doubt your fino has much torque to worry about. My Nuovo would stomp a Fino on acceleration off the line

Edited by Beardog

My bike does 207 kilos 650 Kawasaki. I average 130 to 140 but like to get it up up 120 in seconds hence the torque factor. My Yamaha Nuovo did up to 120 Huge difference in HP. If you have a lot of gforce that will affect your box flex. Just like dicks all top boxes not the same.

The point is the Shad or Givi is better made box & can take way more punishment than the cheaper varieties. But it is up to you. I doubt your fino has much torque to worry about. My Nuovo would stomp a Fino on acceleration off the line

I wasn't trying to be a smart ass but was stating that the Jintan box came

off of a fast bike & even the Nuovo other Jintan box didn't fare as well as

the Givi box on my partners 125 Honda PCX. And no it doesn't have any torque

like the ER6n has. Just giving you options so you don't have to replace the box

often. Nothing to do with what bikes better. My friends 1000KZ will shellac my

bike here!!!!!!!!!!!

Just giving you sensible info what this site is for.

Good luck in whichever way you go. A Givi or A Shad is a wiser choice for

any bike. Unless you are cash strapped then go for the cheaper one. My

purchases were out of ignorance in decision Had I had known the difference in

quality. A Givi or Shad would have been my choice.

You are lucky the rack was cheap . My rack was 5500 baht non negotiable.

I needed a little more space to pick up groceries 25 kilo's away & got I guess a 45 liter Givi E450 . I would have gotten a Shad but no one had that large of a box in Pattaya.

Macanello did you notice if the Shad will accept either a Givi & Shad. My Givi says Shad & Givi have the same set up. 32 is a good size for sure plenty of room!

Slpoger If you already have the rack & are in the Pattaya area you might check with Kawasaki on their boxes. they (for the 1st time ever) cut me a deal & knocked off 600 baht & gave me the one with the rear brake light no charge extra. I agree Mityon has the worst prices on just about everything.

They carry both Shad 29 liter I think up to 32 & a wide range of Givi's from the smallest to their largest which your scooter probably does not require.

Edited by Beardog

I had to make a new custom rack for my big jintan box, it costed me 3000 baht,

but then again, it's 1100cc so the torque tear anything less then adamantinum into pieces.

Might be the rattle, bumps & potholes that shredded the last rack too tho,

but on a 2nd thought i think i'll stick to the torque theory :)

• Like 1

I ordered a Givi E20N box and frame for my Nouvo Elegance. I got the box in 3 days and I should get the frame mount on Monday. 2,250 for the box and 450 for the frame. Free shipping as well.

http://helmet2home.tarad.com/product.detail_923881_th_4805088

Nice box. You got the frame from helmet2home too? I cannot find top box frames on their website. Can you provide a link? Thanks

My HUMBLE apologies to everyone that read my post regarding the top box and rack I purchased for my Yamaha Nouvo E.

The place I ordered it from is :

http://www.auto2speed.com/product-th-861842-GIVI+BOX.html

My wife phoned in the order for the box and rack. However I see now that the rack is listed at 550 baht. I could swear that my wife told me it was 450 baht.

I did not use www.helmet2home as I indicated in a previous post. Very sorry about that.

Wantan, you should see the rack mounting options in the same link posted above.

My HUMBLE apologies to everyone that read my post regarding the top box and rack I purchased for my Yamaha Nouvo E.

My wife phoned in the order for the box and rack. However I see now that the rack is listed at 550 baht. I could swear that my wife told me it was 450 baht.

I did not use www.helmet2home as I indicated in a previous post. Very sorry about that.

Thanks a lot. 450 or 550 baht, doesn't really matter as long as quality is OK smile.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Top box Shadd 33 and rack/frame 3100 baht and 2000 Baht respectively.

Everyone has top boxes but not many have the racks to go with them here in Bangkok.

Got mine fitted at Brian's place in 15 minutes

Macanello

Where is Brians place?

Everyone has top boxes but not many have the racks to go with them here in Bangkok.

Macanello

Where is Brians place?

Near the mall ngam wong wan, been there a few times when I still owned a cbr250r

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=207535027949176265520.00049a055481a31b14168

Edited by robblok

Macanello

Where is Brians place?

Near the mall ngam wong wan, been there a few times when I still owned a cbr250r

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=207535027949176265520.00049a055481a31b14168

Thanks Robblok

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Coocase topcase is now in Thailand, with our first boutique showroom in Chiangmai we are now providing free delivery all over Thailand and a 7 days money back guarantee by 30 Sept 2013. Please check out our Coocase fan page :

Check us out in our fan page : https://www.facebook.com/coocasethailand

Also, we are providing bike rental service in ChiangMai city. All Coocase bike come with free helmet, raincoat and standard Thai insurance coverage. Optional insurance Lost & Thief and accident policy are available for just 20 baht/day or 30 baht/day for both policies.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.344365608999926.1073741831.274149116021576&type=3

Do drop us a message in our fan page or email to us at [email protected], and we're look forward to see more Coocase on the road !!

post-184157-0-48830700-1375908434_thumb.
post-184157-0-08616800-1375908445_thumb.
post-184157-0-23100500-1375908458_thumb.
post-184157-0-93658500-1375908069_thumb.
post-184157-0-31575900-1375908411_thumb.
post-184157-0-43134000-1375908422_thumb.
post-184157-0-22775200-1375908392_thumb.
post-184157-0-51610400-1375908380_thumb.
post-184157-0-42699400-1375908143_thumb.
post-184157-0-24434900-1375908112_thumb.
post-184157-0-30243800-1375908089_thumb.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the link. I'm thinking about getting a box for my Airblade and this thread has been very helpful!

I've more or less decided on the GIVI E30 TOUR 30 liter pictured below. If anyone has any good reasons I shouldn't buy this box speak now or forever hold their ... errrmmm..

I'm already considering my next bike might well be a PCX 150 - would this box still be reasonable with that? (different rack obviously).

Anyway, one thing that's still holding me back is all the example mounts on that website have a really weird rack that seems to attach it to the ... sorry I don't know the English word for this bit, the bit that is over the wheel to protect from water and stuff? It looks weird. I'd have thought the rack should replace the hand rail thing behind the seat?

UA7Kh.jpg

Thanks for the link. I'm thinking about getting a box for my Airblade and this thread has been very helpful!

I've more or less decided on the GIVI E30 TOUR 30 liter pictured below. If anyone has any good reasons I shouldn't buy this box speak now or forever hold their ... errrmmm..

I'm already considering my next bike might well be a PCX 150 - would this box still be reasonable with that? (different rack obviously).

Anyway, one thing that's still holding me back is all the example mounts on that website have a really weird rack that seems to attach it to the ... sorry I don't know the English word for this bit, the bit that is over the wheel to protect from water and stuff? It looks weird. I'd have thought the rack should replace the hand rail thing behind the seat?

UA7Kh.jpg

Hi Phil,

You can consider also Cocoase V36 with changable color lid to match your new PCX. Some additional options like remote/alarm, inner trunk light, inner liner, back rest and even mobile charger are also available. (Stop light or brake light is our standard feature for all Coocase topcases)

Our smaller case start from 2000 baht for a Vivo S28 (28 litres) to Reflex V50 (50 Litres) size, some of our customer choose a bigger S48 (48 litres) or V50 (50 Litres) for their new PCX, you can check our more photo and full price list on our facebook fan page :

https://www.facebook.com/coocasethailand

Just to add on, we are offering free delivery all over Thailand with 7 days money back guarantee. Should you not satisfy with your Coocase, just send it back to us and we'll give you a full refund with 3 working days upon receiving it in same good condition.

post-184157-0-36723800-1377445018_thumb.

post-184157-0-76262500-1377445054_thumb.

post-184157-0-39312600-1377445074_thumb.

post-184157-0-34699300-1377445090_thumb.

post-184157-0-67953100-1377445206_thumb.

post-184157-0-45148500-1377445378_thumb.

Edited by Coocase Thailand