New Honda Cub .

anto

Just saw one today at Big Wing Chiang Mai .B44,000 standard with extras advailable .It looks really cute and retro .Anyone buy one and what do you think of it ?It has a 110 cc engine with drum brakes front and back .Handy that the rear suspension has a lever adjustment for passanger .

I think that they could have made it more retro looking ( by putting old style blinkers for one ) yet kept the front disc brake .

I am still thinking of buying one though ,as a back up bike .

• Like 1

I am in a honda dealer now to put back stock parts to cbr250 and between honda dream and new honda cub, there is really no difference. Both same.

Only difference is the stickers and name.

I liked new honda cub. Thinking of replacing my old wave 125 x with it.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

What's the marketing thought here? It has a retro look, kind of funky but, is this any more than just different plastic?

I think its just a way of making extra monery .It sells for about B5000 more than the Dream ,then they sell accesories to go with it to also make money .

Well all this retro is ok if it has something practical to offer other than just a fake retro look. The club cross looks smart but if intended to use off road as in up muddy lanes then the why no clearance between front tyre and mud guard. Also it needs a proper clutch..

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Well all this retro is ok if it has something practical to offer other than just a fake retro look. The club cross looks smart but if intended to use off road as in up muddy lanes then the why no clearance between front tyre and mud guard. Also it needs a proper clutch..

Trials bikes still use that style of front mudguard

sherco2013-47.jpeg

• Like 1

CTs have been used as off road bikes in Australia for a long time now.

http://www.postiebikechallenge.org/gallery.htm

Plenty of off road clips.

I would love one of these Xclubs but don't think they will ever see Australia unless OZ Post starts buying them.

just found a facebook site a Thai guy selling Leo Vince pipes.

look at this beauty!!! you can get one for teh cub and i am tempted.

it is only 4000 thb!

loserlazer, you really like the cub? It has drum brakes at frond and rear! You once or twice or many times told us how bad drum brakes are and that you always prefer discs biggrin.png

wantan if it is a cub, everything is possiblebiggrin.png

i never said i do not use a bike with drum brakes, just do not prefer still for cub, i am ok for everything.

Thats OK, i like the Dream too, you know i prefer cheap, simple bikes. My neighbour has an old Dream. Maybe 10-15 years old, maybe older. The old Dream looked really good imo. Better than nowadays.