Young elephant dies in fatal electrocution in Phetchaburi's Kaeng Krachan National Park

webfact

What a sick bastard. Why 220 to scare animals away? 12 or 24 V would do with high level milli amperes. If you put 220 you deliberately want to kill.

Totally correct. A standard cattle fence runs on 12V or 22V and puts out a high voltage. It deters sheep, cows, horses, possums and farmers who think it's off!

Those guys know quite well that 220V is lethal. Palm oil once again, which is why I won't touch the stuff.

Worse than erecting the electric fence is the encroachment on illegally occupied reserve land. Nothing was done about that. The encroacher should be hauled off in cuffs, photographed and reenacted for photo ops with the prosecutors. Hauling them off, charging them, jail terms and fines are the only way that this encroachment with impunity will stop.

If he has been able to buy this land, how many more have had the same good luck. Surely this needs to be investigated.

To paraphrase Cecil Rhodes.... "to be born a Thai elephant is a bitch."

Not so much a paraphrase as a mangle of an all too typical English-centric & decidedly irrational world view.

“To be born an Englishman,” Cecil Rhodes once claimed, “is to win first prize in the lottery of life.”

The winning Rhodes lottery ticket:

The relevance of this sign to Cecil Rhodes and the English is quite lost on me. I seem to recollect that these notices were put up to support apartheid, a policy brought in decades after Rhodes' death by a community mainly consisting of people of Dutch descent.

Would you care to explain your logic or are you just one of those TV members who takes every opportunity to take a poke at the English.

Did Rhodes write that last week ? sad.png

To paraphrase Cecil Rhodes.... "to be born a Thai elephant is a bitch."

Not so much a paraphrase as a mangle of an all too typical English-centric & decidedly irrational world view.

“To be born an Englishman,” Cecil Rhodes once claimed, “is to win first prize in the lottery of life.”

The winning Rhodes lottery ticket:

The relevance of this sign to Cecil Rhodes and the English is quite lost on me. I seem to recollect that these notices were put up to support apartheid, a policy brought in decades after Rhodes' death by a community mainly consisting of people of Dutch descent.

Would you care to explain your logic or are you just one of those TV members who takes every opportunity to take a poke at the English.

Leave the fool alone. It is just a blatant case of jealousy. It must be hell living your life and all the time knowing that you are foreign.

And to think these majestic loyal animals help Thailand through out the ages, With work, and War elephants to be treated like this, Thailand spends more on pandas than there own Indigenous animals. shame on Thailand.

Ok, just to be an English language pedant.

The elephant did not die of electrocution, it died from electric shock. Electrocution is for something to be put to death buy electric shock, such as, someone given the death penalty is electrocuted. All accidents involving electricity are called electric shock.

Ok, I'm boring I know, I'll get my coat. :)

Here ya go.

mscSpeciesConsideration.gif

For elephants you need at least 6000v. An energizer puts out between 7500 and 11,000v. This get reduced by the length of the fence.

Obviously having parted with 1.5m for the land he could not be bother to erect a proper electric fence.

Ok, just to be an English language pedant.

The elephant did not die of electrocution, it died from electric shock.

Guess you use a different dictionary than the rest of us. Electrocution means to die by electric shock whether intentional or accidental.