Non-Immigrant B Visa (one year/multiple entry) - Business Plan

Has anyone applied for a one-year, multiple-entry Non-Immigrant B visa at an embassy, consulate or honorary consul in the past few months?

There seems to be a new requirement that a "business plan" must be included with the application paperwork.

Has anyone heard about this new requirement? And if so, are there are any templates for a business plan which have proven successful?

Got my non B 90 day single entry at the consulate in HCMC last March. No requirement for a business plan. At Immigration district 1 now getting extension to one year. Still no requirement for business plan.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Do you have a work permit? You won't get one at any nearby location without one.

Never heard of a business plan being needed for getting a visa or extension of stay.

You can get the initial 3 month B visa without a work permit. You have to. No other way. You can not get a WP without the B visa first. Then with the WP you can either extend yearly at immigration or go back to a consulate or embassey and get the 1 year mulitple entry B visa which requires entry-exit every 90 days but is actually good for 15 months if you make the last entry just before the visa expires. There are more requirements for the extension.

When I got my most recent B visa for a new company a few months ago in Penang, both the initial 90 days Business visa, and later the 1 year multiple entry, I did not bring a business plan although I saw that on the official website too. Our accountant told me I wouldn't need it and she was right.

Hi,

Go to the Banana Boutique Hotel in Penang with original WP valid for at least 7 months, pay the fee and you will get the 1 year Multiple entry non B visa. They don;t give a damn about any of the other papers, even not the ones listed on the website, Try to imagine if they care about a business plane, which they probably don't even know what that is. It is a private consulate, therefore, the only thing they care about is making money. If they could, they would give it even without WP, but obviously the Thai Government doesn't allow them to do it.

Edited by rogerpilly

whistling.gif Prediction:

A MULTI entry non B visa will soon be VERY difficult to get.

Thai immigration targeted the Ed Visa (actually an extension, but people call it a visa) and that cut back on the phony students, especially in Phuket.

Next target will be the multi-entry non B visa for those "businessmen" who don't seem to have a legitimate business connection in Thailand.

Therefore, in most cases, all they will allow soon is a 90 day non immigrant B visa to enter Thailand .... and very few multi entry visas.

Instead they will give real one year extensions with a multi entry visa ONLY to those people who can demonstrate a real valid need to travel in and out of Thailand for business reasons.

And that will require documentation (a letter) from the Thai company such people work for.

Wait and see, it will be happening within a few months.

This is only a personal prediction, and I may be wrong, but it's my prediction of what will happen soon.

whistling.gif

whistling.gif Prediction:

A MULTI entry non B visa will soon be VERY difficult to get.

Thai immigration targeted the Ed Visa (actually an extension, but people call it a visa) and that cut back on the phony students, especially in Phuket.

Next target will be the multi-entry non B visa for those "businessmen" who don't seem to have a legitimate business connection in Thailand.

Therefore, in most cases, all they will allow soon is a 90 day non immigrant B visa to enter Thailand .... and very few multi entry visas.

Instead they will give real one year extensions with a multi entry visa ONLY to those people who can demonstrate a real valid need to travel in and out of Thailand for business reasons.

And that will require documentation (a letter) from the Thai company such people work for.

Wait and see, it will be happening within a few months.

This is only a personal prediction, and I may be wrong, but it's my prediction of what will happen soon.

whistling.gif

I agree - basically they are clearly using to the max the letter and limit of the law and their leeway to limit long stay - I think the next step will be to change the law - then I would guess retirement visas would come under scrutiny for tightening up or de facto elimination - remember they eliminated the Bt3m investment visa so do they care about people contributing 800k PA to the economy? Also lets face it there is less and less support or Isaan, Buriram etc villages to make that a voter consideration.

For myself if they don't raise the retirement visa age I will get on the retirement visa ladder ASAP - they seem to have honoured peoples original terms e.g there were people on a previous 200k stipulation. I don't regard that as a lifetime solution. Have to be prepared/able to leave,

Edited by lopburi3
fix quote

Do you have a work permit? You won't get one at any nearby location without one.

Never heard of a business plan being needed for getting a visa or extension of stay.

she had a wp and it was valid for 10 months;

wp has to have at least 6 months i was told

Banana gh and Jims place wanted 100MYR more than the MInigood hotel ( 50 MYR ONLY) to get passport back next day before noon.

Edited by phuketrichard

• 4 weeks later...