Singapore--Hotel recommendation?

shepsel

I have to change my type of visa and decided to go to Singapore. I booked my ticket, and went to look for some hotels, and got sticker shock--as the prices are sooooo much more than Thailand. I wonder if anyone can recommend a clean and decent hotel in the Orchard Road area which is not exhobitantly priced. I would like access to a pool, etc. It shouldn't be too far from the Thai Consulate.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated--thanks in advance.

Over the last 5-10 years, the Singapore hotel prices have become the highest in SE Asia and compete with Tokyo and Shanghai for cost. I have yet to find a decent hotel in the central area for less than USD 150-200. I remember when I could find a nice 3-4 star hotel for USD 60-75.

I would suggest saving your cash and stay further away from the city as the hotel cost in Singapore is now the highest in Asia from the latest hotelier report

There are a few budget chains like hotel 81 and in the Chinatown area

U are close to good food and not far from an met ride to orchard area

I assume u know as well the embassy is 5 -10 mins walk from the orchard station

When I used to go there on a budget I always found the best hotels around the USD $80 mark were down in Little India,I stayed in a great 4-star place there,I'll see if I can find it again on Agoda for you.

Last time I was there I stayed at the Hilton on Orchard Road,opposite Orchard Tower and the four floors of whores but the Straits Chinese girls from Singapore have to be some of the most unfriendly anywhere in the world!It was average at best,which for USD $300 per night just isn't acceptable to me.

When I used to go there on a budget I always found the best hotels around the USD $80 mark were down in Little India,I stayed in a great 4-star place there,I'll see if I can find it again on Agoda for you.

Last time I was there I stayed at the Hilton on Orchard Road,opposite Orchard Tower and the four floors of whores but the Straits Chinese girls from Singapore have to be some of the most unfriendly anywhere in the world!It was average at best,which for USD $300 per night just isn't acceptable to me.

Ok,I found it but the price has gone up considerably,it's called the Park Royale on Kitchener Road and it's around USD $150 per night,you can get the Hilton for another $50 per night!w00t.gif

Nice enough place as I remember,only the location of the Hilton is really any better for me :

http://www.agoda.com/asia/singapore/singapore/parkroyal_on_kitchener_road_hotel.html?asq=bs17wTmKLORqTfZUfjFABvnfF9lmiiRCBPEehthIUIAz4geNDb8fOZaQfZF7CFnnIdN1LwihnRZIYF199quD6ONtwINVezJXYQKbwBrjlG%2fNIikMDz3yr%2ft%2fqutEip0%2fe300d4BS0rYS%2f4E%2frsZAOOUvXyns3msLonMNrXMpvbPBDtAB5H1S7xsv5ZGtl3GNAu5MX80CKPmG%2bARB4HvdeJRBdJQwd79HZCCD38gFdxX%2f%2fZKyWSVa9z7nB%2fqzoZs5eGAJtFp9t4t10S58JebeOg%3d%3d