Small box of gifts/artifacts to the UK by Air

Gladiator

Hi,

I have performed a 'search' but cannot find anything related . Perhaps I am using the incorrect 'keyword'.

I would like to have a box packaged 'fragile' to travel by air freight to the UK for my daughter. Nothing of significant value, but some items are fragile.

Does anyone have any experience of a packaging company and freight forwarder in Hang Don that they could recommend?

Many thanks,

Gladiator

p.s I would send by post but have dispatched many parcels before which have not arrived.

You mention artifacts, i'm not an expert but when my Thai sister in law was returning to Singapore, where she lives, she wanted to take a Buddha figure with her. My wife and I had to drive her to a museum near Wat Jedi Long to have them certify that it was not an artifact that shouldn't be allowed to be taken out of the country. I have no idea if you might be in a similar situation but thought i would share the experience.

Hi Ramrod,

Perhaps I used the wrong word in 'artifacts'.

The contents include some Thai wooden dancing puppets - not doubt mass produced. A Toby Jug. Some replica terricotta statues and a box of small vases.

Gladiator

You mention artifacts, i'm not an expert but when my Thai sister in law was returning to Singapore, where she lives, she wanted to take a Buddha figure with her. My wife and I had to drive her to a museum near Wat Jedi Long to have them certify that it was not an artifact that shouldn't be allowed to be taken out of the country. I have no idea if you might be in a similar situation but thought i would share the experience.

A very valid point.

The FBI arrested Roxana M. Brown, a well know Thai/American expert on SouthEast Asian ceramics, on suspicion that she was assisting an American couple with false papers for artifacts.

Meaning, many take this subject to the extreme.

On the other hand, I have mailed non-artifacts, including bronze images of Buddha (known copies) to the US without difficulty.

Theoretically, shop owners should give every purchaser a certificate, but T.I.T.

On the customs form, clearly state that the items are common copies...

Edited by dighambara