• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

270 all out; a lead of 32.

Bit of a farce at the end.

Harris given not out; England review.

Harris sees the replay on the big screen and immediately starts to walk, followed by Bird and the England team.

By the time Hill (him again) signals that the decision has been overturned only he and Aleem Dar are still out in the middle!

Harris doing well; Aussie lead in excess of fifty?

Broad seems to have lost his rhythm this morning.

he almost doubled the lead in an over...

Would have to say advantage is with England now

Not sure if we have the advantage, your bowlers performed well in the 1st innings. It's finely poised this one.

As Shane Warne has just said on SKY; a lot depends on how Australia perform with the new ball.

By their own admission they weren't good enough with it in the first innings.

This ground is not known for high 4th innings scores, so if they can keep England's lead below 200, even 250, then they have a good chance. Anything more than that and they will have a major struggle on their hands second time round.

But at the moment, I'd say honours even.

270 all out; a lead of 32.

Bit of a farce at the end.

Harris given not out; England review.

Harris sees the replay on the big screen and immediately starts to walk, followed by Bird and the England team.

By the time Hill (him again) signals that the decision has been overturned only he and Aleem Dar are still out in the middle!

5 Wickets in less than 75 minutes,.

Obviously the boys had there Shreddies this morning, pity they did not play like that yesterday afternoon.

Edited by Basil B

Indeed.

Michael Vaughan, Ex-England captain on BBC Test Match Special
"England have had all of the better batting conditions. The wickets have been nothing to do with the pitch. Yesterday morning when Australia were batting, the pitch was doing plenty. Too often in the past two months England have been 30-3 or 40-3. Three early wickets is becoming a common theme. If it keeps happening it has got to be looked at - it can't continue."

KP needs to hold himself in check until he's played himself in, and hopefully Bell's performance Friday was a temporary blip in his form in the series so far.

Meanwhile at Wormsley Australia's women are 100 for 2.

Assuming both boards and the ICC want to increase the interest in women's cricket, I can't understand why these two games are being played at the same time.

The Women’s Ashes takes on a new format this year, with hopes of a fresh start for England who have not won a major trophy since 2009. Comprising of a four day test match, three ODI’s and three T20s, the 2013 Ashes sees the introduction of a point system to decide who takes the victory. The traditional Ashes format of Test Cricket sees the winning side awarded six points with the following limited overs games worth two points for a win. The points may be smaller but the stakes are higher for the final games as two of these form televised double-headers with the Men, providing premium exposure for Women’s Cricket. Ten points will secure the Ashes for England, whilst the magic number for Australia to retain them is nine.

http://www.nouse.co.uk/2013/08/11/womens-ashes-series-preview-part-ii/

Am sure 7x7 may have some objections:D but rotating the strike is crucial it releases pressure, upsets the bowlers rhythm and leads to a healthy run rate.

Massive partnership this, lets hope petersen stays calm and Bell continues his good form

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Big wicket that. Again the pendalum swings..and yet some people think the series is dead already.

Would like to see Bairstow get some runs. He obviously has some talent or would not be picked. Time to show it.

Big wicket that. Again the pendalum swings..and yet some people think the series is dead already.

Would like to see Bairstow get some runs. He obviously has some talent or would not be picked. Time to show it.

The series is dead, it's a glorified training game. Even attempts at justifying why it isn't dead on this thread are saying it gives the captains a chance to try new formations and line ups. They wouldn't be doing that if the series was live would they?

This is virtually a one day game we're watching. So stop getting your knickers in a twist about nothing. coffee1.gif

The series is dead, it's a glorified training game. Even attempts at justifying why it isn't dead on this thread are saying it gives the captains a chance to try new formations and line ups. They wouldn't be doing that if the series was live would they?

This is virtually a one day game we're watching. So stop getting your knickers in a twist about nothing. coffee1.gif

The series is dead ,but the remaining games are important ,important as in taking a 4-0(or3-1) lead for England 0r a 2-2 draw for aus into the next series down under.It's all about momemtum,bragging rights & sledging material,if you don't understand this stick to toss

ing off haggis'.

• Like 1

Not only are the boys playing for pride ... they are trying to set the scene for the next series.

Hello David.
I stumbled across this thread by accident.
I was never too bothered about cricket when I was young .... but my father was. He forced me to watch the test matches.
I can still remember Dennis Lillee, Jeff Thomson, Rodney Marsh, the Chappell brothers, Keith Stackpole and Brian (or Ian) Redpath.
========================
Years later, my Director came into the office and told me to go with him to a nearby hotel.
Apparently this guy called Brian Lara was about to break Sir Len Hutton's record. Or perhaps it was Sir Gary Sober's record.
So we went to the nearby hotel and watched it all on TV.
Eventually, Brian Lara made it past 365.
===========================
I can't play football anymore. I buggered up my knee. And I buggered it up quite badly. This happened a few months back.
I now play badminton instead. This might sound a bit gay or poofy, but actually it isn't. Badminton is great exercise and lots of fun.
In due course, I may start a badminton thread on this froum.
===========================
Enjoy your test matches. I shan't pretend that I'm interested, but may the best team win!
  • Like 1

Haven't you got the message yet, you sad little man?

Every contributor to this topic apart from you is very interested in the result of this game and the next.

As are the 22 players, the thousands at the ground and the millions worldwide watching the game on TV or listening to it on the radio.

You are not; we get that.

So why keep posting your rubbish?

If you aren't interested then just leave this topic to those of us who know, understand and love the game.

• Like 2

I should reply with something that would get me banned but your just not worth it....not everybody on Thai visa thinks your the second coming. Just take your ego elsewhere and piss off.

Back on topic classy knock from Bell again, how many runs do you think are enough ?

Class reply that mr bkkhatthatter ,made me giggle .biggrin.png

• Like 1

Back on topic classy knock from Bell again, how many runs do you think are enough ?

Indeed, Bell to England's rescue again.

Difficult to say how big a lead England need to be safe.

Anything less than 250 wont be enough, I reckon; 275 plus would be a lot safer.

But we've a very enthralling and entertaining couple of days ahead of us.

Australia's' attack severely restricted by Watson's injury; hope he will be able to bat.

If the bloody umpires don't keep taking them off every time a bit of cloud comes over the ground. That was ridiculous; 15 men on the field and 13 of them wanted to stay on and keep playing; blue sky almost over the ground and the players back on 5 minutes later!

Edited by 7by7

Meanwhile:

Women's Ashes: Australia's Sarah Elliott makes England toil

Australia 243 for 3 at the close, Elliott 95 not out.

This is her return to international cricket after giving birth, and according to the BBC's Alison Mitchell, before going in to bat she expressed milk so her partner could feed the child.

Obviously expected to be in the middle for some time; and she was right!