Wave Rider in Chiang Mai

SDH

it will be cool for Chiang Mai to have one but who is willing to pay and get the license to put one there

Yes I have been looking into it since seeing it, I guess there's nothing like it in CM, they are not cheap, matter of fact they are outrageously expensive, but they look like so much fun......w00t.gif

it will be cool for Chiang Mai to have one but who is willing to pay and get the license to put one there

Yes I have been looking into it since seeing it, I guess there's nothing like it in CM, they are not cheap, matter of fact they are outrageously expensive, but they look like so much fun......w00t.gif

They are great fun.

700b a pop is not cheap for sure.

How expensive to set up ?

They are great fun.

700b a pop is not cheap for sure.

How expensive to set up ?

I think with the popularity of this ride, or as they are attempting to sell it as a new sport it may be worth a closer look coffee1.gif

The quotation I got for setup is from 400-800k with installation....

FlowRider products range from 400k to 800k and FlowBarrel from 1m -2 m.

FlowRider JR is US $395,000

FlowRider Single is US $595,000

FlowRider Double is US $795,000

FlowRider Double Wave-In-A-Box (turn-key, self contained) is US $1,100,000

I've got all the brochures and the contacts. PM me if you need something. From what I hear the place in BKK is not too busy. CM might be different.

Dave

Edited by theDukes
  • Like 1

I've got all the brochures and the contacts. PM me if you need something. From what I hear the place in BKK is not too busy. CM might be different.

Dave

Cool David, thanks for the assistance!

I was expecting more.

Of course you need the venue.

How much do they cost to run monthly, that might be the killer.

One in my backyard would be cool.

Wow, back yard? That would be soooo cool!

Too much money fo me to have one in the back yard, if it was Baht maybe I could do it 55555555 blink.png

From what I hear the place in BKK is not too busy. CM might be different.

Dave

If BKK is not too busy, but is much bigger city than CM, do you really think CM could be more busy ?

I would rather invest my money in Cable Wakeboard park. Much more fun and easier to learn. People more likely to be coming back. Also installation cheaper. Only problem is you need a lake access.

Here is the link to similar one :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCCYlD0WOwM

ROI for the ride itself is not sufficient i think.

It's your venue, F&B, turnkey rental of venue for events and activities.

Made in China might be the solution. 1/4 of the price.

I see from their logo that they are covered in TM and patents, but I'm no Lawyer 5555, do you know if they're being made in China?

looking at them it appears that the high cost would be associated with the pumps....

From what I hear the place in BKK is not too busy. CM might be different.

Dave

If BKK is not too busy, but is much bigger city than CM, do you really think CM could be more busy ?

I would rather invest my money in Cable Wakeboard park. Much more fun and easier to learn. People more likely to be coming back. Also installation cheaper. Only problem is you need a lake access.

Here is the link to similar one :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCCYlD0WOwM

Hmmmm, I know of only one lake that would work, Huay Tung Tao, relatively close, parking etc. But then there's the dreaded Government to deal with, not sure but I think it's a park.

Hmmmm, I know of only one lake that would work, Huay Tung Tao, relatively close, parking etc. But then there's the dreaded Government to deal with, not sure but I think it's a park.

I am sure there is much more option that that:

- lease or buy land, make 0.5 - 1m deep (that is deep enough) hole in it, fill with water (rain water?) and install water system

- X-Center have a pond like that. They are using it for Zorb Ball I think

- not many lakes around (they too big anyway), but medium size ponds much more

- you can even install it on the Ping River somewhere :) or canal around moat :)

I am sure there is much more option that that:

- lease or buy land, make 0.5 - 1m deep (that is deep enough) hole in it, fill with water (rain water?) and install water system

- X-Center have a pond like that. They are using it for Zorb Ball I think

- not many lakes around (they too big anyway), but medium size ponds much more

- you can even install it on the Ping River somewhere smile.png or canal around moat smile.png

I wonder who or what owns the CM Grand Canyon, that place could be used for so many cool things, but alas there's one restaurant, no apparent rentals of any kind, what a bummer!

Dave

Love the concept but fear it would be "money down the drain" in CNX.

Dave

Love the concept but fear it would be "money down the drain" in CNX.

Murray,

Yup could be a wash, fair chunk of money to lose... i guess worst case scenario it would be a flop, then I could have on in my back yard hahahaha, problem is I live in a condo 555555

Sawasdee Khrup,

I consider what happens at Songkraan at the moat water-boarding.

What if we hang huge signs reading "10" from the bridges over the Ping, and have photo-kiosks taking pictures with tourists in original old Lanna style wet-suits, and boards ?

For surfing in gale-force conditions, I suggest you try the lao ya dong shop, near Talat San Pa Khoi; a few fumblefuls of "Revive the Great Commander"[1] will put you in the tube, as well as cure you of many diseases you don't even know you have.

~o:37;

[1] On Bumrungrad. I am not making this up: that's on the English translation carte de venins. I sampled this over twenty years ago on my first visit, as tourist, to Chiang Mai. Top-notes of listerine, with base-notes of turpentine, ammonia, and alum, subtle aroma of cremation grounds, at that time small glass was five baht. My local Thai guide insisted it was the best remedy for a low-grade winter cough. It was: afterwards I did not cough, I barked.

There is one already going in the about half way out the Mae Joe Road. He has all the angles figured out and is going to use the dirt he digs out from the pond to make a ski hill. Really Cool.

Interesting, so is this he cable one or the wave pool?

Ski hill w00t.gif , are you serious, like in Dubai?

ROI for the ride itself is not sufficient i think.

It's your venue, F&B, turnkey rental of venue for events and activities.

Made in China might be the solution. 1/4 of the price.

I see from their logo that they are covered in TM and patents, but I'm no Lawyer 5555, do you know if they're being made in China?

looking at them it appears that the high cost would be associated with the pumps....

Yes. Some company is "mirroring" the flow rider in China

• 2 weeks later...

Dave

Cool David, thanks for the assistance!

Just got back from Phuket where they have the Wake Board Park. All I have to say is that it looks excellent. Although it is a little expensive at 650 Baht for 2 hours it looks like a lot of great fun.

I could not find it on the web except for here http://phuketdir.com/phuketcableski/.

Chiang Mai would kick ass with something like this. They seemed to be struggling with being at the beach and everyone wants to be at the beach. Also looked to be more than an easy day. Maybe combined with something else.

FloRider also is a non for beginner experience.

D

I'd like to add that I would have done it if we would have been there earlier in the day. It's a full day work out.

How about just giant water slides with turns and tunnels in them.

These would be attractive to the whole family. 5 year old and up.

Possibly younger. Could also have a small play ground on the premisses.

Depending on the location room for family picnics. Or do they do those here in Chiang Mai?