How to find a family oriented thai wife? Suggestions?

JJttttt1

There is nothing wrong with marrying a bargirl, most western men do it and are happy

Most Western men marry a bargirl?Are you serious?w00t.gif

Yeah, why the confusion? I dont know statistics but I do see it more often than not. How many people in this thread do you think met their spouse in an establishment that provides alcohol?

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't lie about moving back home to pay my landlady the back rent of 14-15 months that I owe her though,do I?Are you not ashamed of yourself,I'm surprised you have the gall to keep posting on here anymore after your shocking admissions of "finishing schools for young Isaan girls" and the like,an absolute disgrace!

You,(BigJohnnybkk,Funfon,diddums,boosta et al.) really are the very,very last person on here to take anyone to task!rolleyes.gif

Need to keep up with the times ole' chap ... BigJohnnybkk and Funfon are not longer with us with those nicks ...

Same,same poster,not different was my point.He normally gets re-banned around this time anyway!The sooner the better,utter waster!

Again ... incorrect

cuban-cigar-ladies.jpg

Close, but no cigar

She gets it

You don't though,do you unfortunately?:rolleyes:

I don't know the history, but I get you clear as a bell Eesat.

Trust me,you really don't want to!:sick:

Excellent. Glad to know my sense of smell is still working.

Maybe they didn't realize you meant "in Thailand".

Plus I'm sure you're aware that "bargirl" is usually just a euphemism for sex worker, many guys may have met their SO in a bar but (believe that) they have never done anything like that.

Not that there's anything wrong with such work in itself etc etc. . .

Maybe they didn't realize you meant "in Thailand".

Plus I'm sure you're aware that "bargirl" is usually just a euphemism for sex worker, many guys may have met their SO in a bar but (believe that) they have never done anything like that.

Not that there's anything wrong with such work in itself etc etc. . .

Well she could have just been a receptionist or a cashier

Well she could have just been a receptionist or a cashier

-

In which case not quite fair to call her a bargirl is it, since that term is so often meant as a straight synonym for a pro.

Plus in the bars that are simply brothel fronts, the "non-barfinable" staff are just in a grey area, just depends if they like the look of you. I always liked the extra challenge. . .

Back to topic.

There are spaces free on the overnight minivan from Pattaya to Isan with the OP.

Any problem let me know and I'll give the driver 100 euros.

That's 100 euros for each passenger not the entire minivan btw.

And by reading how one writes you can get an idea about the Master's Degree one holds.

I'm not a pick-n-choose for English Grammar and Lexical Expressions, especially here on TV, but in this case I smell something stronger than Durian...

What about the simplest answer - I am not a native English-speaker, or you think any Master Degree holder on Earth should speak English?

I think you missed a key part - you're going to the hometown areas accompanied by Thais that know you well and can vouch for your character, not just randomly driving around that would not be an efficient use of time. And yes in P most people come from the Isaan, but anywhere's fine in fact outside of the usual mia farang provinces there's a bit less of the scamming farang methodology built into the tribal DNA.

hmm this is not so easy to do, but I will try to do my best to find Thai people who can accompany me...

hmm this is not so easy to do, but I will try to do my best to find Thai people who can accompany me...

-

Whoever told you finding a nice girl was easy? The opposite is practically a proverb in Thai and they should know.

The absolute minimum pre-requisite is that there are Thai people the girl and her family trust that can vouch for you, not just your income, reliability not being a whacko etc. but your inner character, a proven track record of being honest, kind, generous, law-abiding, easy-going, even fun if possible.

By default you are transparently known to your surrounding community. If that reputation isn't good now, then you have to move to where no one knows you and start from scratch, behaving well this time.

Too many girls get fooled into going overseas only to get sold off to a brothel, the stories have come back and they're wary.

You can compensate for this to some extent by courting over a longer period of time and letting her and her family get to know you directly, but if you're going for a shotgun numbers approach you'll need a network of from-upcountry colleagues neighbors etc to give you some initial credibility.

Edited by boosta

You describe a Thailand that I don't know boosta.

-

And it's a very nice place if you're willing to work within its mores.

The more modern/developed sectors of Thai society to me have the worst of both worlds.

On the contrary, I was specifically talking about this particular context, and to be honest even within this context the worst Thailand has to offer is better than anything in farangland.

"A bad day fishing's better than a good day at work."

I could never actually live out there or become part of the community permanently, it's just where to find the good girls before they've been spoiled by modern life, particularly the parts of it that dominate places like Pattaya.

Actually I just saw your other post where you say you live in a traditional upcountry setting.

Do the local families just let their daughters go off on their own with any farang that shows up without knowing about his background?

Or are you saying something completely different?

BTW JT, is that Israel Kamakawiwo'ole for your avatar?

His Somewhere Over the Rainbow/It's a Wonderful World medley makes me tear up every time. . .

No this is not his pic, but I know about IZ, and enjoy his songs a lot. RIP

-

Whoever told you finding a nice girl was easy? The opposite is practically a proverb in Thai and they should know.

The absolute minimum pre-requisite is that there are Thai people the girl and her family trust that can vouch for you, not just your income, reliability not being a whacko etc. but your inner character, a proven track record of being honest, kind, generous, law-abiding, easy-going, even fun if possible.

By default you are transparently known to your surrounding community. If that reputation isn't good now, then you have to move to where no one knows you and start from scratch, behaving well this time.

I think I have quite good reputation among Thais who know me, but most are from BKK and hard-working people too (this is my social circle), but there are a few of them who are from the countryside, and some money, I guess, can compensate their time. I confess I don't have such a good Thai friend, who can do it for me for free...

Join a Club, or several clubs with plenty of Thais, perhaps linked to your profession, or an interest you may have. You will be inundated with friends and relatives of suitable females suggesting you should meet their daughter, cousin, niece etc..

I met my wife through a 4x4 off-road club. Try to pick a club that already attracts Thais from a compatible social background to yourself. There is really no need to get involved with females involved in prostitution. Don't give everyone the impression that you are there to find a wife....although you could do so jokingly!

Anyway, good luck. There are plenty of lovely genuine, sincere, very attractive women available.

No problem if the OP is half decent looking, has a stable job and is single. That's all information that needs to be available. Definitely no need to go to a bar to find a decent lady.

I think I have quite good reputation among Thais who know me, but most are from BKK and hard-working people too (this is my social circle), but there are a few of them who are from the countryside, and some money, I guess, can compensate their time. I confess I don't have such a good Thai friend, who can do it for me for free...

-

Widen your circle into the lower classes - but still respectable folk - from upcountry, small hotel receptions, shop assistants, room cleaners etc.

Most only have the opportunity to visit their family (often including their own children) only once a year at Songkran, so if you can just enable a visit home for them by picking up expenses, maybe having a chat with their boss etc they'll be very very happy.

Especially if they're able to attend a friend/neighbor/relative's wedding party, everyone has a good time at those.

And you'll probably find the topic of "are you looking for a nice girl" come up naturally anyway, just be aware they'll start off by offering girls older and less attractive than you'd prefer, ones they want to do favors for, better if you play that aspect down, but who know who you'll meet during the party among the 2-3 days of eating and dancing.

Why does your future girlfriend/possible wife need to be Thai? Maybe you have a preference but if you can't

speak Thai that much then you should pick someone who can speak English enough to understand you (Thai or not).

Being in an interracial & intercultural relationship will carry lots of challenges and you need to be prepared and well-equipped to handle these situations. You can live in learn or you can just lose whatever hope there is left for yourself.

Phew, slugged through 9 pages....started okay, got better around page 4 or 5, slipped a bit then got a little juicy and then back on track.....not bad Op!.

Just curious if Boostra is Funfon reincarnated. Really do not know all what happens on this forum. People getting 'banned" coming back to life as someone else. Gets a bit confusing for me.

I was out buying some new glasses the other day at a well known eye glass shop. Two lovely assistants helping out. Do my usual little chit chat and turns out one of the girls was single and though not actively looking for a boyfriend asked her if she would consider dating a farang (westerner). She said "possibly" but her exposure to western men was very limited.

I do not know her background, but have found that places such as your everyday shopping (shoe stores, clothing stores, banks, eye glass stores, hardware stores) are good places to start. I have found places like Tesco, Macro and Big C tend to hire couples (married or long term boyfriend/girlfriend) that they are not always the best place to find single people. But no harm in trying.

But this is just my thoughts in regards to my little area of this world we call Thailand.

Good luck.

• Like 1

Phew, slugged through 9 pages....started okay, got better around page 4 or 5, slipped a bit then got a little juicy and then back on track.....not bad Op!.

Just curious if Boostra is Funfon reincarnated.

Almost 400 posts in 5 days. It's a possibility.

Phew, slugged through 9 pages....started okay, got better around page 4 or 5, slipped a bit then got a little juicy and then back on track.....not bad Op!. Just curious if Boostra is Funfon reincarnated.

At least he is getting attention.

Phew, slugged through 9 pages....started okay, got better around page 4 or 5, slipped a bit then got a little juicy and then back on track.....not bad Op!. Just curious if Boostra is Funfon reincarnated.

Try the local karioke bar. thumbsup.gif

Just curious if Boostra is Funfon reincarnated. Really do not know all what happens on this forum. People getting 'banned" coming back to life as someone else. Gets a bit confusing for me.

I was out buying some new glasses the other day at a well known eye glass shop. Two lovely assistants helping out. Do my usual little chit chat and turns out one of the girls was single and though not actively looking for a boyfriend asked her if she would consider dating a farang (westerner). She said "possibly" but her exposure to western men was very limited.

I do not know her background, but have found that places such as your everyday shopping (shoe stores, clothing stores, banks, eye glass stores, hardware stores) are good places to start. I have found places like Tesco, Macro and Big C tend to hire couples (married or long term boyfriend/girlfriend) that they are not always the best place to find single people. But no harm in trying.

But this is just my thoughts in regards to my little area of this world we call Thailand.

Good luck.

Then Eesat and Boostra are the same person.

Edited by Neeranam

Try the local karioke bar. thumbsup.gif

They banned him !!

Why does your future girlfriend/possible wife need to be Thai? Maybe you have a preference but if you can't

speak Thai that much then you should pick someone who can speak English enough to understand you (Thai or not).

Being in an interracial & intercultural relationship will carry lots of challenges and you need to be prepared and well-equipped to handle these situations. You can live in learn or you can just lose whatever hope there is left for yourself.

Because Thai women are sexier than most! Thats why you would want a Thai bride

... have found that places such as your everyday shopping (shoe stores, clothing stores, banks, eye glass stores, hardware stores) are good places to start

A mate of mine was attracted to a shop assistant in Mikes Department Store, Pattaya. It took him weeks of daily visits before she agreed to have dinner with him.

Now, they're happily married together in Australia with two lovely kids.

• Like 1

Thai love links. Do a search for a woman with a masters degree. Look at their photo. Are they conservative in their appearance? Is their profile written in a intelligent way? You will find hundreds of real Thailand women, not bar girls or con artists begging you for money. Good luck.