How to find a family oriented thai wife? Suggestions?

JJttttt1

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know a town in Thailand where there is a lot of clean engineering companies and the demand for labour is continuously high, the town attrcats mostly young Thai females who want to work at a decent job and support their families, these females have rejected the idea of the bar scene etc.

On a weekend the local entertainment venues comprise visiting bands and young people let their hair down a little, it's mostly good clean fun of food music and some alcohol before getting back to work next day - the unique aspect of those venues is that on Saturday night they are occupied by 95% women.

I suggest the OP should try to find such a place because it contains what he needs, huge choice, legitimate work and girls working to support their familes, such places exist all over Thailand if you are prepared to look for them. Of course if Pattaya/Phuket is your thing then fine, but don't expect such positive results because you'd likely be looking in thw wrong places (on a percentage basis). And no, I'm not telling you the name of the above town, before anyone asks.

• Like 1

I know a town in Thailand where there is a lot of clean engineering companies and the demand for labour is continuously high, the town attrcats mostly young Thai females who want to work at a decent job and support their families, these females have rejected the idea of the bar scene etc.

On a weekend the local entertainment venues comprise visiting bands and young people let their hair down a little, it's mostly good clean fun of food music and some alcohol before getting back to work next day - the unique aspect of those venues is that on Saturday night they are occupied by 95% women.

I suggest the OP should try to find such a place because it contains what he needs, huge choice, legitimate work and girls working to support their familes, such places exist all over Thailand if you are prepared to look for them. Of course if Pattaya/Phuket is your thing then fine, but don't expect such positive results because you'd likely be looking in thw wrong places (on a percentage basis). And no, I'm not telling you the name of the above town, before anyone asks.

Can we do a deal here ?

You PM me the name of the town and I'll PM you back with the winning numbers for the next lottery !

To the OP, stop trying so hard, stop searching and what you want will appear one day when you least expect it.

• Like 2

Good by, Ciao, Orevuar, Asta la vista, Gute naht, Privet !

You may all stay here... Let me <deleted>-off...

Refuse to participate in this case of group intellectual musturbation... sorry.sorry.gif

Thai love links. Do a search for a woman with a masters degree. Look at their photo. Are they conservative in their appearance? Is their profile written in a intelligent way? You will find hundreds of real Thailand women, not bar girls or con artists begging you for money. Good luck.

I tried this and many other sites and found it quite useless. Good or even just normally looking lady got so much attention from virtual jerkoffers, so it's quite hard to convince her to answer. A good friend of mine, a 37 y o Thai lady showed me her message box on the popular site - I was shocked how many messages (50% about sex) does she get every day.

And no, I'm not telling you the name of the above town, before anyone asks.

I was just going to ask you this. lol

A mate of mine was attracted to a shop assistant in Mikes Department Store, Pattaya. It took him weeks of daily visits before she agreed to have dinner with him.

Now, they're happily married together in Australia with two lovely kids.

yeah, this is a good way, I met some nice ladies that way. But still not what I am looking for... May be attention from tourists somewhat spoils them?

Widen your circle into the lower classes - but still respectable folk - from upcountry, small hotel receptions, shop assistants, room cleaners etc.

Most only have the opportunity to visit their family (often including their own children) only once a year at Songkran, so if you can just enable a visit home for them by picking up expenses, maybe having a chat with their boss etc they'll be very very happy.

Especially if they're able to attend a friend/neighbor/relative's wedding party, everyone has a good time at those.

And you'll probably find the topic of "are you looking for a nice girl" come up naturally anyway, just be aware they'll start off by offering girls older and less attractive than you'd prefer, ones they want to do favors for, better if you play that aspect down, but who know who you'll meet during the party among the 2-3 days of eating and dancing.

Easy to say but hard to do. Should I just come the their workplace and say: "I want to be your friend. Can you take me to your hometown?" Smells fishy

But may be speak with their boss is a good way, I know some of them from my work..

If I were to tell you the name of the town I have in mind it probably wouldn't do you much good unless you can speak some Thai and are at least familiar with Thai ways to some lesser degree. If for example you were to visit one of the local entertainment venues a on a Saturday night you would certainly be made welcome but you might be viewed with some suspicion or nervousness, and if you were to look at the attendant females in the same way many newbie/tourist farangs look at Thai females in Pattaya or Phuket, you would not meet your longer term objectives.

So what am I saying here: you need to acclimatise, familiarise yourself with the people, language and customs and you need to explore, off the beaten tourist tracks and you'll easily find what you seek, grasshopper! wai2.gif

As I wrote, I am here for more than 7 years and speak Thai enough for communication. But if you would like to hide the paradise, you found - no questions, I understand

What is his name on TV ?

Around where do you think the town is he refers to ?

Thai love links. Do a search for a woman with a masters degree. Look at their photo. Are they conservative in their appearance? Is their profile written in a intelligent way? You will find hundreds of real Thailand women, not bar girls or con artists begging you for money. Good luck.

I tried this and many other sites and found it quite useless. Good or even just normally looking lady got so much attention from virtual jerkoffers, so it's quite hard to convince her to answer. A good friend of mine, a 37 y o Thai lady showed me her message box on the popular site - I was shocked how many messages (50% about sex) does she get every day.

-

The fact that you live in Pattaya probably doesn't help your online status. I just don't enjoy the process online - it's the journey not just the destination - plus my target profile personally eliminates girls with English (I don't read and write Thai well enough) as well as computer experience, although with the latter I'd make exceptions if she learned it in school, very doubtful with upcountry rice farmer locations.

-

A mate of mine was attracted to a shop assistant in Mikes Department Store, Pattaya. It took him weeks of daily visits before she agreed to have dinner with him.

Now, they're happily married together in Australia with two lovely kids.

yeah, this is a good way, I met some nice ladies that way. But still not what I am looking for... May be attention from tourists somewhat spoils them?

-

The whole atmosphere of Ptown is toxic, those that aren't actively in the hardcore game still want their "jackpot prince" without having to kiss all the frogs, expectations just set way too high IMO, where do you draw the line defining a "scammer"? Nothing to do with the explicit sex industry. . .

Widen your circle into the lower classes - but still respectable folk - from upcountry, small hotel receptions, shop assistants, room cleaners etc.

Most only have the opportunity to visit their family (often including their own children) only once a year at Songkran, so if you can just enable a visit home for them by picking up expenses, maybe having a chat with their boss etc they'll be very very happy.

Especially if they're able to attend a friend/neighbor/relative's wedding party, everyone has a good time at those.

And you'll probably find the topic of "are you looking for a nice girl" come up naturally anyway, just be aware they'll start off by offering girls older and less attractive than you'd prefer, ones they want to do favors for, better if you play that aspect down, but who know who you'll meet during the party among the 2-3 days of eating and dancing.

Easy to say but hard to do. Should I just come the their workplace and say: "I want to be your friend. Can you take me to your hometown?" Smells fishy

But may be speak with their boss is a good way, I know some of them from my work..

-
Again, things that are really worth attaining are never easy.

When I said widen your circle, I meant developing your relationships, this takes long-term consistent effort, just like making friends in any situation. I never have problem making friends with Thais if I want to, come up with a context so it doesn't raise red flags, you're a clever fellow right, use your imagination!

Don't bring up the wedding ceremony part of your sociological research project until you've established the foundation, remember the whole point is for them to know you and your life well enough to be able to vouch for you with their friends and family's network upcountry.

If this approach seems like just too much hard work, then never mind, personally I find it fun, normal Thai people are a happy bunch and wedding parties are a blast!

And yes, it's a long-term project, but think how much time you'd take to court someone back home, at least here the "back end" of the process is relatively quick once you've found the one that really floats your boat, she and her family will make up their minds pretty quickly once they see you're serious and ready to proceed. . .

As I wrote, I am here for more than 7 years and speak Thai enough for communication. But if you would like to hide the paradise, you found - no questions, I understand

What is his name on TV ?

Lampoon, try the restaurants by the river (just past the train station) at the end of the month.

Co-ords 18.588515, 99.024729

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican

What is his name on TV ?

Lampoon, try the restaurants by the river (just past the train station) at the end of the month.

I think the point of the exersise was in the general instruction rather than in a specific town, the tact and discretion of a water buffalo!

Edited by chiang mai

What is his name on TV ?

Co-ords 18.588515, 99.024729

-

Bit of a hike from Pattaya but I suppose it sounds promising. . .

What accounts for the imbalance there?

I can imagine hordes of TV.com characters descending on this fantasy bar, suddenly it's equal M:F ratio this Friday night.

Might cause a sudden shortage in the industry there whatever it is as the lovely lasses all flee back to their hometowns 8-)

Try lurking around the front of universities

-

Generally good advice, enrolling even better.

However IMO the "universities" in the Pattaya area would not necessarily be free of the toxic thought patterns ingrained in that neck of the woods. . .

Living there is definitely a major handicap, the odds become so much harder, the long con's SOP even among populations apparently completely removed from the actual P4P scene. Remember that industry built that whole town, paid for all the infrastructure you see from when it was a sleepy fishing village in the 60's.

The fact that you live in Pattaya probably doesn't help your online status.

The whole atmosphere of Ptown is toxic, those that aren't actively in the hardcore game still want their "jackpot prince" without having to kiss all the frogs, expectations just set way too high IMO, where do you draw the line defining a "scammer"? Nothing to do with the explicit sex industry. . .

sic!

Try lurking around the front of universities

Farang lurking around a Thai university? no doubt they'll consider me a pervert cheesy.gif

What does "sic" mean in that context? I usually associate it with misspellings or grammar erros (sic).

And enrolling for evening classes if they're available at one of the larger "open" so-called universities would actually be a great way to meet relatively nice girls, but they won't be quite as genuinely poor, but of course no less needy 8-(

Problem as I said separating the wheat from the chaff is so much more difficult in that region, just because they're in that cute uniform doesn't mean there isn't a cold-hearted scammer running the long con under those big-eye lenses (shudder, always makes me think of alien reptile shape-shifters that).

PS don't have to enroll, just walk around like you have a reason to be there, make yourself look busy, have a meal at the canteen etc. You could be waiting for your relatively poverty-stricken English teacher friend or something. . .

Edited by boosta
  • Like 1

What does "sic" mean in that context? I usually associate it with misspellings or grammar erros (sic).

And enrolling for evening classes if they're available at one of the larger "open" so-called universities would actually be a great way to meet relatively nice girls, but they won't be quite as genuinely poor, but of course no less needy 8-(

Problem as I said separating the wheat from the chaff is so much more difficult in that region, just because they're in that cute uniform doesn't mean there isn't a cold-hearted scammer running the long con under those big-eye lenses (shudder, always makes me think of alien reptile shape-shifters that).

PS don't have to enroll, just walk around like you have a reason to be there, make yourself look busy, have a meal at the canteen etc. You could be waiting for your relatively poverty-stricken English teacher friend or something. . .

"sic" means "so" in Latin. A sign of agreement.

May be try this idea also, but I think should choose uni as far from Pattaya as possible. Around Pattaya I know only "Asian University"....

So the next problem is "separating the wheat from the chaff". But is a question of a person's common sense.

If I were to tell you the name of the town I have in mind it probably wouldn't do you much good unless you can speak some Thai and are at least familiar with Thai ways to some lesser degree. If for example you were to visit one of the local entertainment venues a on a Saturday night you would certainly be made welcome but you might be viewed with some suspicion or nervousness, and if you were to look at the attendant females in the same way many newbie/tourist farangs look at Thai females in Pattaya or Phuket, you would not meet your longer term objectives.

So what am I saying here: you need to acclimatise, familiarise yourself with the people, language and customs and you need to explore, off the beaten tourist tracks and you'll easily find what you seek, grasshopper! :wai2:

Do you need to know Masonic handshakes also?

May be try this idea also, but I think should choose uni as far from Pattaya as possible. Around Pattaya I know only "Asian University"....

If the OP seeks to fish in arguably the deepest pool of students outside of Bangkok, then relocate to Maha Sarakham which is about an hour and a bit southeast of Khon Kaen. Loads of lovelies there. Even the ladyboy's are pretty.

I was out buying some new glasses the other day at a well known eye glass shop. Two lovely assistants helping out. Do my usual little chit chat and turns out one of the girls was single and though not actively looking for a boyfriend asked her if she would consider dating a farang (westerner). She said "possibly" but her exposure to western men was very limited.

Those tight white pencil dresses or pants.... Top Charoen babes rock!

Believe me!

So what am I saying here: you need to acclimatise, familiarise yourself with the people, language and customs and you need to explore, off the beaten tourist tracks and you'll easily find what you seek, grasshopper! wai2.gif

Do you need to know Masonic handshakes also?

If you stay here long enough you'll come to realise there's some pretty odd fish out there, farangs not Thais that is and some of them have got some pretty strange ideas about how to find a wife/partner in Thailand. Some of them think that just because they come to Thailand from the West that all they have to do is exist and suitable candidate wives will throw themselves at their feet, the idea of learning the language, taking time to figure things out, understanding the culture etc, simply doesn't occur to them.

I'm thinking of an American I met several years ago in Samui, he'd arrived in Bangkok for the first time a few days before and within 24 hours he'd done a deal to marry a go-go dancer he'd bought out of a bar in Nana, given her a bunch of money and was now holidaying alone in Samui before returning home to arrange her visa, I kid you not. The most amazing part of that story was that he was not ashamed to tell it to us because he thought it was perfectly normal behaviour.

I could list a number of other mad cap stories that are similar but it gets boring after a while, suffice to say that not everyone has even the basic smarts hence it's worthwhile spelling things out in detail.

My only question is why would the OP come to a notorious forum known for abuse, and ask for advice about how to find a suitable wife. Forget about the nationality of the proposed woman. If a man can't find a woman in Thailand then I'm not sure he could find a suitable woman anywhere. There are no guarantees in life, and certainly not when it comes to relationships. I've seen far too many marriages fail when it originally looked like the couple were perfectly suited. My only conclusion is the topic is a carefully contrived troll to bash women.

• Like 1

So the next problem is "separating the wheat from the chaff". But is a question of a person's common sense.

-

I wouldn't trust anyone's "common sense" in this case. You mean intuition? Getting to "really know" someone over a few months?

Even years later an absolutely perfectly genuinely loving wife can turn into a selfish heartless schemer using every available weapon to grab every penny she can. Not a Thai thing either, any culture. Also not necessarily due to deception from the beginning but people do change, "love" disappears, just changing circumstances can take their toll, often the husband due a fair share of the blame whatever. Bottom line is I don't think you "really know" anyone in this world, most people just think they do because the relationship hasn't yet been put to a real whole-world-turning-upside-down test.

Problem is when you throw the Pattaya mentality into the mix it increases the odds it's actually a deliberate long con deception from the beginning, and people (not least TGs) really know how to generate an authentic appearance of sincerity, coupled with giving you everything you ever wanted in a partner and some things you hadn't even thought of.

So my approach is first to greatly reduce the odds of this happening, and secondly to make sure it simply isn't possible to lose your financial security that way.

Starting with a partner with very little worldly experience and from a poor background so that she (and her family) have got much more realistic expectations. You're improving her life, chances for real financial security by many degrees of magnitute, so that even if she decides to leave at some point her life is much better than if she's stayed on the rice farm and married her grade school sweetheart.

But that's me.

My only question is why would the OP come to a notorious forum known for abuse, and ask for advice about how to find a suitable wife. Forget about the nationality of the proposed woman. If a man can't find a woman in Thailand then I'm not sure he could find a suitable woman anywhere. There are no guarantees in life, and certainly not when it comes to relationships. I've seen far too many marriages fail when it originally looked like the couple were perfectly suited. My only conclusion is the topic is a carefully contrived troll to bash women.

-

I don't see how you'd interpret anything here as "bashing women".

Sure we abuse each other here but the OP's skin seems thick enough.

Of course it's very easy to "find a woman" in Thailand, but even most Thais will agree it's very hard for a farang to find a good one, most especially if you don't have that much Thai and live in tourist-infested areas most particularly Pattaya or Phuket. Bangkok may well be easier to find sincerity, but definitely relatively expensive.

And no one's talking about guarantees, in fact few of us expect "'til death do us part", but it would be nice to increase the odds as much as possible that it'll last long enough to raise the kids together properly.

Edited by boosta
  • Like 1

This is really funny coming from you!

And how can the girls find out that you are a "wolf in sheep's clothing" ? Many of your suggestions Boosta, contain a large element of deceit and misdirection ...even though I realize you THINK it is okay because you have various rationalizations to excuse your "sex addict" use of females here. Those of us who have followed your various TV names, know what you do, how you do it, why you do it, etc. (At least what we can know from what you write.) I think a large part of your addiction is surely in talking about your lifestyle which I find quite disgusting and very narcissistic ..in fact narcissism may be your real problem, but call it sex addiction if you like.

I would suggest that maybe you can find a way to modify blow-up sex dolls, and they will suit your budget better, rather than keeping everyone around you broke, by trying to support so many lovers for your multiple, several hour "sessions" that you think you need. Maybe you can put a little computer chip in their head, to speak back to you, sort of like a Furby does, for whatever speaking you deem necessary.

I know, usually, you go about this the other way, you try to find girls who are no more than blow-up sex dolls, mentally, blank slates that you can "mold" as much as you possibly can, but yet have real bodies, which I am sure are better suited to your purposes. However, my suggestion, might save you money that you could use for your kids, your airline tickets, your visa fees, etc. As well, this might be a better solution for the ladies in the world who get conned by you, or their families, or humanity in general.

I thought you would be back home in NY by now ..even though last time you said UK.

Anyway, the OP really should know who he is taking advice from, and look back at your other TV names, and really OP ...you shouldn't listen to this guy and it is scary that you find yourself relating to him. I can see some similar feelings between the two of you, but I hope for your sake (the OP's) you are not like Boosta.

It's not just women.