Tourist Visa in Phnom Penh easy done

oh so you can't get a single entry without a plane ticket? in SHV I heard they have advertisements for double entries but when I asked one person he said they only have single entries

Can that be repeated in English ?

Adverts ? Where?

SHV ? Meaning ?

-professor21-

As far as I know and normally you do not need to show a plane ticket in PP, if you go with the right Visa Agent. rolleyes.gif

SHV - two entries? Maybe only rumors, you have to go to Vientiane or Savannaketh in Lao to get 2 entries, I believe.

oh so you can't get a single entry without a plane ticket? in SHV I heard they have advertisements for double entries but when I asked one person he said they only have single entries

Yes, that's what this very busy Travel Agent/Visa Service place said. I couldn't afford (time wise) the risk of playing with this as I only had limited time in PP but he did say I had to have a flight out and needed a copy of it.

• Like 1

do you need proof of an outbound ticket?

This travel agent said yes, they told me to go back to my hotel to get my Thai outbound ticket back home. They photo copied it and put it in with my passport, so yes you need the outbound ticket.

In many years 10+, I applied for different Thai Visa, mostly Tourist, I was only once asked for a Ticket proof and for money I had to show, that was in the Consular Section of the Singapore - Thai Embassy.

In my last visit - in PP and making a Visa, 2013, I did not need to provide any document, no ticket,

all was written for me, not even signed anything.

Took a Visa Agent provided from the Flamingos Hotel in PP, full satisfied. smile.png

I understand,

I can't comment about why you didn't have to show an onward flight out of Thailand, all I can do is report what my Agent did and said. I used an Big Agency on the main road at the Water Front between street 136 and 148. I can't remember the name. The best thing to do is just report like you and I have and be prepared to have that ticket, or just go Flamingos and try doing it there.

• Like 1

do you need proof of an outbound ticket?

In many years 10+, I applied for different Thai Visa, mostly Tourist, I was only once asked for a Ticket proof and for money I had to show, that was in the Consular Section of the Singapore - Thai Embassy.

I can't comment about why you didn't have to show an onward flight out of Thailand, all I can do is report what my Agent did and said.

By the way - the Ticket I had to show the Lady officials in Singapore was the outbound ticket from Singapore to Phuket. blink.png

Not a ticket outbound of Thailand, which I did not have anyway. wink.png

• 3 weeks later...

I can't afford a 3000bht ticket, is there a lower priced option?

Assuming you are a complete masochist, and do not care how time consuming and uncomfortable the journey is as long as it is as cheap as possible, look into the following. As far as possible, use the train. In Thailand, this is pretty easy. There are two trains a day between Aranyaprathet and Bangkok. The cost used to be 48 baht (around $1.50) and take about six hours. From the border to the Aran train station is about an hour to walk or 10 baht if you wait for a songtaew. On the Cambodia side, things are more complicated. If the railway line is passable, there should be a train every day or every other day between Phnom Penh and Battambang. You need to find someone at the station who knows if the trains are running. If there is a train, it will leave around 6:00 am. The train is nearly free. The journey time is difficult to predict, perhaps an average of 16 hours. That leaves getting between Battambang and Poi Pet at the Thailand-Cambodia border. Cheapest is in the back of a pick up truck. I think it will cost about 50 baht, and probably take around three hours once the truck leaves. God help you if you do it this way!

um why is this a bad option? how do you get from Poipet to Battambang? I'm trying to get to Ho Chi Minh City, the visas are expensive and a plane flight is about $50 on airasia.

I can't afford a 3000bht ticket, is there a lower priced option?

Assuming you are a complete masochist, and do not care how time consuming and uncomfortable the journey is as long as it is as cheap as possible, look into the following. As far as possible, use the train. In Thailand, this is pretty easy. There are two trains a day between Aranyaprathet and Bangkok. The cost used to be 48 baht (around $1.50) and take about six hours. From the border to the Aran train station is about an hour to walk or 10 baht if you wait for a songtaew. On the Cambodia side, things are more complicated. If the railway line is passable, there should be a train every day or every other day between Phnom Penh and Battambang. You need to find someone at the station who knows if the trains are running. If there is a train, it will leave around 6:00 am. The train is nearly free. The journey time is difficult to predict, perhaps an average of 16 hours. That leaves getting between Battambang and Poi Pet at the Thailand-Cambodia border. Cheapest is in the back of a pick up truck. I think it will cost about 50 baht, and probably take around three hours once the truck leaves. God help you if you do it this way!

um why is this a bad option? how do you get from Poipet to Battambang? I'm trying to get to Ho Chi Minh City, the visas are expensive and a plane flight is about $50 on airasia.

If you had ever seen a Cambodian train, you would not need to ask why it is a bad option. Sitting on top on the train, while dangerous, is about the most comfortable option, depending on the weather. The back of a pick up truck can be quite OK, but you usually get covered in dust or (if it rains) completely soaked. In Thailand, the 3rd class trains are a little slow and a bit dusty, but not too bad,

Booking well ahead on Nok Air, I managed to get tickets for about $25 each way to HCM. As I am on a UK passport, I do not need a Vietnam visa for a short stay. The Thai visa cost is not a major consideration.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure what you mean, do you ride dangerously on top of a cargo train when you could fall off or inside a compartment car? I can't afford the plane ticket really because I need medical expenses

-BritTim-

knows more then me about Cambodian trains, but surely driving on top of the roof of any train is dangerous, but possibly more comfortable and more view you will have there, than inside a Cambodian train waggon. tongue.png

If you had ever seen a Cambodian train, you would not need to ask why it is a bad option. Sitting on top on the train, while dangerous, is about the most comfortable option, depending on the weather. The back of a pick up truck can be quite OK, but you usually get covered in dust or (if it rains) completely soaked. In Thailand, the 3rd class trains are a little slow and a bit dusty, but not too bad,

Booking well ahead on Nok Air, I managed to get tickets for about $25 each way to HCM. As I am on a UK passport, I do not need a Vietnam visa for a short stay. The Thai visa cost is not a major consideration.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

You will need at the Phnom Penh Thai embassy:

Passport valid for no less than 6 months

a copy of a ticket in and out of Thailand

evidence of adequate finance. (bank statement)

IMG_2771.JPG

Edited by forrwhat
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/6/2560 at 1:57 PM, forrwhat said:

You will need at the Phnom Penh Thai embassy:

Passport valid for no less than 6 months

a copy of a ticket in and out of Thailand

evidence of adequate finance. (bank statement)

So? :shock1:

The possibility of using a Visa Agent for getting a Thai Visa in Cambodia and for Visa Extensions in Cambodia are still in place or not? :blink:

4 hours ago, ALFREDO said:

So? :shock1:

The possibility of using a Visa Agent for getting a Thai Visa in Cambodia and for Visa Extensions in Cambodia are still in place or not? :blink:

Yes, many use agents to get a visa. The main advantages of using an agent are (i) speed (for a price, they can get next day or 3-day service, while standard is 4 days); and (ii) for a price, they will fudge onward flight and hotel reservations. If you have many tourist visas in your passport, even if not from Phnom Penh, the agent will probably not be able to get you the visa. If you can meet the requirements, you actually have a better chance doing it yourself.

• Like 1

Note that my agent said they look more favorably on those who can show a bank-account balance of over $1000 USD (not 20K Baht).  Perhaps not coincidental, the Manila consulate now has this as a consulate-requirement for a TR Visa (https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/994073-problem-at-manilla-thai-embassy-july-14/).  Add an airline ticket to that, and you are probably good to go with an agent.  Worst case, the consulate may ask you to appear for an interview and/or put the "This person travels frequently to Thailand on Tourist Visas" stamp on their visa.

Edited by JackThompson
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JackThompson said:

Note that my agent said they look more favorably on those who can show a bank-account balance of over $1000 USD (not 20K Baht).  Perhaps not coincidental, the Manila consulate now has this as a consulate-requirement for a TR Visa (https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/994073-problem-at-manilla-thai-embassy-july-14/).  Add an airline ticket to that, and you are probably good to go with an agent.  Worst case, the consulate may ask you to appear for an interview and/or put the "This person travels frequently to Thailand on Tourist Visas" stamp on their visa.

8 hours ago, BritTim said:

Yes, many use agents to get a visa. The main advantages of using an agent are (i) speed (for a price, they can get next day or 3-day service, while standard is 4 days); and (ii) for a price, they will fudge onward flight and hotel reservations. If you have many tourist visas in your passport, even if not from Phnom Penh, the agent will probably not be able to get you the visa. If you can meet the requirements, you actually have a better chance doing it yourself.

Ok,

that is fine for me to know, that the old possibilities still exist. That Agent service, had even worked if you had been sitting in Sihanoukville.  

I had some Thai Visa or Extension of stay in Cambodia made by Agents and I was never myself in some Cambodian Government office or Thai Consulate myself. ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, im new so sorry if i shouldnt post it here. I just would like to give some fresh info since i wasnt sure about what i need in phnom penh to get my visa. I did my visa this week. They ask for $1000 / person and $2000 / family in bank statement or atm receipt providing proof of the money. The also ask for flight ticket out of thailand printed out. I used an agent he charged $25 to sort out my missing flight ticket. I submitted my visa on wednesday got it by Friday. They processed my visa by the next day but they state they do it in 2 working days. The agent said it may be 4 days sometimes. Flight ticket was not required for me since i used an agent and he took care of it. I provided as much as proof possible of the $1000 since i have multiple bank accounts. Online bank statements (krungsri + paypal + atm receipt) printed out was enough. The agent said If you dont have proof of the $1000 he cant help but if you have all they do visas just fine. Hope this info helps others :)

Edited by Azarus
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

60 days visa from Thai Embassy in Phnom Penh. Hi, I am on my way to Phnom Penh on a visarun. I have been told by an agent in Sihanoukville, that a statement from from my bank on 1.000 dollars in my account is needed.

My bank is in Europe. Will they demand the same if I go to the embassy my self. I can show an airplane ticket and a contract on my apartment, and a statement with my thai address.

Thanx in advance.:smile:

Edited by Ben Cambo
mistake
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 12/22/2017 at 1:22 PM, Ben Cambo said:

60 days visa from Thai Embassy in Phnom Penh. Hi, I am on my way to Phnom Penh on a visarun. I have been told by an agent in Sihanoukville, that a statement from from my bank on 1.000 dollars in my account is needed.

My bank is in Europe. Will they demand the same if I go to the embassy my self. I can show an airplane ticket and a contract on my apartment, and a statement with my thai address.

Thanx in advance.:smile:

Sorry I did not see your question - and would not have known the answer anyway.

sounds that Phnom Penh is not same easy way to get Via then some time back. ????

• 3 weeks later...
21 hours ago, anatta0 said:

Does anyone has any fresh info about SETV in Phnom Penh for 2019 ? Any rules changes ?

No new rules, but some are denied to spite meeting the qualifications, if they have other TR Visas / Thai-stamps in their passport.

Seems like going via agent is the way to go. Need financial proof ? Ticket out of thailand ? 

Yes need proof (1K USD reported), plus outgoing ticket recommended in last report per agent.  Also, agent is recommended, if only to let you know it is not worth trying due to paying and getting a visa with "VOID" stamped on it. 

It's a good choice for a 1st or maybe 2nd TR Visa in your current passport, from reports I have been reading.

Does anyone has any fresh info about SETV in Phnom Penh for 2019 ? Any rules changes ? Seems like going via agent is the way to go. Need financial proof ? Ticket out of thailand ? 

This thread is 2013. Firstly yes your best served to use agent. Now 2019 unless it's your first sect from pp, skip it. Even on perhaps second they may issue with void stamp. Why setv Cambodia?. Better choices on offer