Problem at Manilla Thai Embassy July 14

I thought I would share my most recent experience at the Manilla Thai Embassy.  This was my 3rd time using them, 2 previous attempts had no issues.  I was told to return with proper paperwork the following Monday. (I despise Manila, so I decided to head to Angeles City that afternoon and will return to Thailand with the intention of a 30 exempt stamp.

The issues:

1.) My bank statement showed $880USD.  I was told the requirement is $1000 USD and always has been. (Can someone confirm this?  I usually always have excess of $1000, but this time the statement date caught me in between transfers.

2.) I only had printed a ticket from Kuala Lumpur to Bangkok.  The lady at the embassy said I also needed a copy of the ticket from the Philippines to KL.

3.) I usually always stay with friends in Issan.  Either a Thai family or American I know.  I was told an invitation letter was required from said families.

I asked for a printout stating these things as I've probably obtained 10 or so SETV over the years with only very minor problems.

Anyway, I thought I would contribute my experience to all those in my similar never ending tourist shoes.

My info:

34 year old American USA passport

Full of Thailand, Laos, and Cambodia visas, and a handful of Philippines 30 day stamps.

IMG_20170714_055438.jpg

You have confirmed the requirements with the attached notice - these requirements are specific to the Consulate involved so if that is what they require that is the requirement.

Be aware that even with visa there have been recent refusal of entry to those not meeting the financial requirement proof on entry (10k visa exempt of 20k with visa) if they have a number of such entries and are suspected of working illegally in Thailand.  Your age might put you in that suspect pool so be sure to carry enough cash.

• Like 2