Thai legal experts query need for crime re-enactment

webfact

Now I wish they could just dump the flip flops and pointers!! In what other countries do you ever see any people, faces, flip flops or people pointing in real crime scene photos? Never! When do you ever see cops line up a bad guy and every ranking officer who had nothing to do with the case come in and point at the bad guy? These guys have no idea what they are doing...

But that's the saddest part of all...they know exactly what they are doing. Thailand is a Circus in many ways....so why not be a clown?

The thing that gets me is that frequently, they are all smiling. The victim is grinning from ear to ear as he gets killed and the perpetrator is smiling like he just won the lottery.

It lacks any look of seriousness.

• Like 1

Please don't stop the reenactments. As they're so much better than Thai soaps, the actors especially are a lot more talented.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif Got to agree with this post!

What would they fill up the morning news with. It's incredible how stealing 10k bahts worth of stuff can be strung out to 20 minutes of revolving clips of the finger pointing.

The Thai re-enactment is an effort to showcase the plethora of police currying attention, favor and credit. Nothing about it increases judicial equality, rights or due process. Merely a police spectacle.

And the production is all wrapped up with the accused sitting at a table with all the important police smiling behind him, cheesing for the cameras.

"Look at me, I did my job. I'm someone important! I'm a big person now. But most importantly, know my face when I come to collect."

Does an accused have the legal right to refuse to participate?

Does the victim of a crime have the right to decline the point at the perp photo op?

I am an avid reader to the local newspaper crime sections. I find it amusing to look at some "victims" who come from cultures that are violently homophobic and who are posing in photos pointing at male prostitutes or transvestite hookers who are accused of stealing something from these "victims".

Strangely, I also tend to become "violently homophobic" when "male prostitutes or transvestite hookers" try to steal my wallet while I walk down the street, especially when they use the "hugger mugger" approach, embracing me while groping for my possessions.

I was thinking more along the lines of this sort of common event as reported by the Pattaya Daily News,

Three Iranian men notified the police to arrest a ladyboy prostitute who was accused of stealing their mobile phone in Pattaya. When the police investigated, the ladyboy revealed that he made an agreement with one of the Iranian men to sell sexual services to him, and him only. But when the ladyboy arrived at the room, he found 2 other Iranian men who were also waiting to have sex with him in the swinging fashion (3 for the price of 1).

The story has some lovely photos.

Oddly though, stories like this one, Angry Kiwi Beefcake Stabs Canadian English Teacher In Pattaya are not accompanied by any pointing poses.

The kiwi posing does have a face that would discourage such shenanigans.

One of my all time pointing finger poses was this story; Sticky Fingered Cambodian Lifts Dutch Man’s Wallet

The photograph was artfully posed, and capturing the emotions of the day:

An angry Dutchie pointing, a smirking hoodlum, a Bib hard at work, staring at a computer screen and the possibility of a magical floating arm.

It's as if I was there!!!!

277.jpg