Renewing Non Imm B Visa At Embassy

I am currently working in Bangkok on work permit/visa issued by a government school.

Our contract ends soon but my visa expires a week or two earlier. I am not renewing the contract for another year. They can't/won't get a letter from higher up necessary to extend my Non B visa. They will however give me a letter to take to the Embassy.

If I take this letter to the embassy will there be trouble? Will they wonder why I am presenting a letter from the same employer that I am currently working for (as stamped in my passport)? Won't they wonder why I just don't extend it in Bangkok?

I am going to study for a few months and could get a student visa. But it is better for me to get a NON B visa on this run. That will save me from doing another visa run in three months to change it back from ED to Non B so I can get the paper work done for my new work permit (new employer).

I am on a NZ passport and not 50 yet.

I hope this is clear. THanks for your help.

Does no one know the answer to this question?

Please help.

Can I use a letter from my current employer to get a new Non Imm B visa from Kota Bharu? I already have a work permit from my current employer.

I worry that the consulate will think it is strange that I would apply outside the country and not just extend it at immigration in Bangkok. I think it is strange too but my current employer can/will not get a letter from the Department of a government ministry that is required to extend the visa, but will give me a letter to take to an embassy/consulate.

Will there be a problem?

thanks