Windshield mount for iPad mini in Thailand

Archie Pelago

Hello all,

Looking to source a decent windscreen/windshield mount for an ipad mini to use on long car trip next month.

Based in Phuket but can order from Bangkok or have a friend buy from there and send down.

Any recommendations appreciated.

If anyone has experiences/advice on using an ipad mini for navigation/GPS would also love to hear from you.

Cheers

dx.com has a wide range and they ship to Thailand.

Watch the "import levies"...

TomTom Thailand and Sygic SE Asia (with Thailand maps) both work real well... have had great experience in BKK and outside (driving to golf courses).

Hope this helps!

I have seen many of such in Pantip Plaza, mostly in the little open vendor booths lining the central open area, from mezzanine on up to 4th floor, In Phuket take a look at Big-C in the basement, several of the booths rnear the Amorn end of the basement. Also on the top above the supermarket is a large shop with various computer odd 'n ends, think I saw such mounts there.

Used my iPad mini with Google Maps as a GPS on a trip to Buriram from Pattaya. This was the best GPS system I have ever used. Absolutely brilliant. When you set up your route you first need to be connected to the internet, then you can turn off your internet connection and it works flawlessly.

• Like 1

Used my iPad mini with Google Maps as a GPS on a trip to Buriram from Pattaya. This was the best GPS system I have ever used. Absolutely brilliant. When you set up your route you first need to be connected to the internet, then you can turn off your internet connection and it works flawlessly.

Stoli, I read with interest your post above. I would like to use my iPad mini for navigating too.

I've tried getting google maps on my iPad mini too, but I appear it's only an iPad app.

Which app exactly were you using?