Isaan Farmers' Meeting International

Because of the positive support and potential of this new idea I would like to start this thread.

This year I have noticed and learned from ThaiVisa a lot of Isaan farmers spend a considerable amount of time back in their home country's as well.

The goal of this thread is to let Isaan farmers, abroad get connected and perhaps meet up in their home countries. Perhaps international meetings will result from this.

What do you think? Farmers?

Thank you for reading,

wai.gif

Edited by Dancealot

I don't think so! coffee1.gif

Those who do serious farming, are living here all year, and for me, I'm occupied with family and friends when I'm back in Bergen! biggrin.png

I agree with DAL, in concept it is an interesting idea. Perhaps people like pigeonjake and Shaggy, who would both rather be here full time could shed some light. I know a number of people who live half and half their time in Thailand. Most aren't farmers but often are married to Isaan girls that are. They could well be interested. Bergen I think states the limit, people who visit their home country for short periods for annual renewals and family visits would be to busy and probably looking for a break.

Hang in there mate. You may create something broader than our live Isaan group.

• Like 1

DAL,sorry it has taken me so long to give my opinion on your idea mate.......and IsaanAussie Grrrrrrrr thanks mate,I was hoping to stay in the background on this subject.

My personal thoughts on this matter are.....would I like to travel to different countries and meet up with other guy's trying to build a farm and a new life with their loved ones in Thailand ? (and probably get pissed).....HELL YEAH !!!!! who wouldn't ?

Will I do that ? Hell No,I can't and I wont throw away my money,any funds I do have are needed for my family and trying to save money to build another farm.My family have priority over everything,........if I was a rich man then maybe it would be a different matter.

I am not saying that DAL's idea is a bad one,it does have the potential to bring together people that have the same idea's and goals in life and also making new friends along the way....So if you guy's have got the time and money to do that then why not?

Good luck to you all and have a drink for me thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Eh, ehm. I just meant it would be good for farmers to hook up in their home countries and meet up for a nice chat.

I met up with an Isaan farmer in Holland a few weeks ago and hanging out gave us a feeling of being in Thailand and a sense of connection.

I guess in my youthful exuberance I was not clear to you all when posting the OP..

Thanks, Shaggy!

But the idea is to get Isaan farmers connected who spend time in the country they live in when they are not in Thailand. If they are in the same country, accidentally, they could visit eachother..

Yes DAL,I did understand the context of your first post and I did understand that you meant it would be outside Thailand.

What I gathered from your initial post and title Isaan Farmers Meeting International is not the same as what you wrote in the post above.I am a little uncertain what you mean now,would they be 'chance' meetings or 'arranged' ones?

If by 'chance' one was being held in Holland then i would only be too pleased to come,but your first post gave me the idea that it would mean traveling to different countries to meet up with other members.Maybe I interpreted it wrongly,if so then I apologize.

Don't take this wrongly mate but I feel that I need to correct you if the Isaan Farmer you met up with was me.I can not class myself as a farmer because I do not have a farm anymore and in my eyes the title farmer whether it be in Isaan or anywhere else in the world is not a title to be handed out lightly.In my eyes you have to earn that right by living, working and breathing farming......then you can call yourself a farmer.I was close,but no cookie !!!