Reccomend A Used Car Dealer In Phuket

N47HAN

The only used car dealer i would consider reccommending to anyone here is Sure Motors in Phuket Town. You won't get a bargain there because they aren't cheap but I know a couple of people who have bought from them and no problems so far.

http://suremotor.com/

I have been round every used car dealer in Phuket as I was looking to buy a car a few months ago and decided to buy new instead. I wouldn't trust any of those guys as far as i could throw them, plus the markup on them is outrageous. :o

Sure Motors seemed like the most trustworthy and professional, plus they have a good reputation. However, the price wasn't right for me. :D Not much more to buy new.

Why not check out the Phuket Gazette for classified ads from private sellers? Look for farangs who need to sell in a hurry as they are leaving Thailand. The second hand car dealers will only give them a pittance so you can bargain hard. Depending on how much of a hurry they are in, this is your best chance of a bargain.

Forgot to add, always let your misses negotiate if buying from a Thai.

Farang = extra $$$ surcharge

Edited by tom yum goong

The place to buy a used car is outside Bangkok on the west side. There is a highway running north south which is lined with used car lots for nearly 10 kms! I don't have my michelin map handy or I could name the place specifically.

I can recommend Suremotor, that is where we bought our car. Not cheap, but, they do have a one month warranty.

If you don't know much about cars, then I wouldn't buy from the classifieds. No garuantee and anything could be wrong with it.

At least at Suremotor, the car is thoroughly checked before being put up for sale.

I can recommend Suremotor, that is where we bought our car. Not cheap, but, they do have a one month warranty.

If you don't know much about cars, then I wouldn't buy from the classifieds. No garuantee and anything could be wrong with it.

At least at Suremotor, the car is thoroughly checked before being put up for sale.

Just make sure that all the paper work is in order... and available to you.

I know of someone, a very good friend of mine, who bought a car from sure motors and got horribly ripped off, the supporting paperwork for the car was wrong, the clock had been turned back over 50,000 km and they hid a load of paperwork from him.

Just be very very careful buying from Sure motors, they may check the car before selling it, but they sure as h3ll aint gunna be telling you of any problems they may find.

At the end of the day, all used car dealers (anywhere in the world) are dodgy geezers.

Buy new, thats my advice

The other option is to do long term rentals. I have an australian pal who accommodates many farang with nice cars on long term leases. Fairly cheap and beats having the liability of ownership. If you crash it you can walk away and eat the 5000 baht deposit.

I went this route for many months when I first got here.

If you want my pals # PM me!

He also might be of assistance with a car purchase. He buys cars at the auctions in BKK.

Edited by kasi