Duo linked to luxury-car scam urged to surrender: Thailand

webfact

Its normal if you tax luxury goods at 300%, it ask for people to look for a way around even if they have money they not stupid to trow it away.

just enforce road tax, insurance to the value of the car and ask an normal tax, sure it will change and government will sure make more money, and sure i not like to buy a Porsche who taken apart and put together again.

DSI man hour

third party labor

this will cost more then they ever going to recover

Seems to me customs are making a terrific effort to recover these unpaid taxes as if trying to prove just how powerful of an institution they are, even though I know very well that corruption is still a common practice at Thai customs. Anyone who has ever tried to take a product out of Thailand without export documents will know that for a negotiable fee, per car, or for larger quantities by truck, customs will happily let you pass.

If only the police could be as strict as these customs officers by enforcing road rules and being tough, like impounding motorcycles for 30 days if you're caught not wearing a helmet then the roads here would become a lot safer. Given that there is lots of money to be made from fines, I've always wondered why the BiB are so lazy and set up so few roadblocks for the purposes of traffic law enforcement, i.e. issuing speeding fines, random breath testing and grabbing motorcyclists without helmets. However, virtually every driver knows there is nothing to fear here - a 200 Baht fine will have the BiB sending these helmet-less/speeding/drunk drivers on their way. So sad but so true.

The aspect of this case I find fascinating is that if it hadn't been for the accidental (?) burning of the vehicles on the transporter then none of this massive import fraud would ever have come to light.

Edited by bigbamboo

How sweet if you are a Turkish businessman your shop is raided and your name is published even though you are not yet a suspect yet, if you are a Thai businessman the only thing the upstanding DSI officers tell the world that there ID's are known to them.

There are three distinct categories of justice in the LOS. There is Thai justice for affluent and government Thais, Thai justice for Thais, and Thai justice for Farang.

• Like 1

I am waiting for them to put up a picture of an illegally imported bat mobile, requesting batman and robin to turn themselves in.

I am waiting for them to put up a picture of an illegally imported bat mobile, requesting batman and robin to turn themselves in.

Last seen in Boyztown

If they don't say who they are, how do they know to go and surrender?

"We advise the mysterious businessmen to give themselves up". God knows they could have 500 mysterious businessmen walk in.

"We advise the mysterious businessmen to give themselves up". God knows they could have 500 mysterious businessmen walk in.

You don't know the whole story. One would assume that the police sent them word via their family or business associates.

You don't know the whole story. One would assume that the police sent them word via their family or business associates.

Oh now I get it. They are waiting cunningly for 2 millionaire car importers to give themselves up after having been tipped the nod that the police are after them.

Silly me. I thought these people have evaded millions in tax and are criminals. I mean, if they were good honest people, why wouldn't they have confessed their sins before they imported half a dozen cars breaking the law on the way thorough?

I mean, if they were good honest people, why wouldn't they have confessed their sins before they imported half a dozen cars breaking the law on the way thorough?

They have special amulets for law-breaking . . . sold to them by the Rolls Royce driving abbott