Thais And Escalators.

Jockstar

I Push my way into a lift, I believe in every man for them selves when the lifts door opens.

In my Pattaya hotel the Thais do it all the time. They line up on the ground floor and before the doors are fully opened, they charge in. It doesn't matter to them how many people are trying to get out.

The room maids do the same thing on the other floors, but they are carrying a large bag full of dirty laundry. Somehow they manage to get it all in. Those maids could push a soccer ball through a drinking straw.

They don't worry about the comfort of others just as long as they don't have to wait for the next lift.

.....and the stupid thing is, they only travel one floor. The stairs are adjacent to the lift. Sheeesh!! :o

Not to mention the bell hops. They disgregard the lift maximum people sign, push in with the newly checked in hotel guests plus two or three suitcases.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I Push my way into a lift, I believe in every man for them selves when the lifts door opens.

In my Pattaya hotel the Thais do it all the time. They line up on the ground floor and before the doors are fully opened, they charge in. It doesn't matter to them how many people are trying to get out.

The room maids do the same thing on the other floors, but they are carrying a large bag full of dirty laundry. Somehow they manage to get it all in. Those maids could push a soccer ball through a drinking straw.

They don't worry about the comfort of others just as long as they don't have to wait for the next lift.

.....and the stupid thing is, they only travel one floor. The stairs are adjacent to the lift. Sheeesh!! :o

Not to mention the bell hops. They disgregard the lift maximum people sign, push in with the newly checked in hotel guests plus two or three suitcases.

To say nothing of hospital lifts, where the nurses indiscriminately barge in, pushing comotose patients on stretchers, with tubes sticking out in every direction, who are either on their way to or from the operating theatre.

No consideration at all for us walk-in patients on our way to get our toe nails checked out. :D

Sheeeesh!! :D

Some manual should be published, how to behave on an escalator.

Just imagine, there is a power failure. People can be stuck for hours on the

no longer moving stairs. :o

when i was a kid i used to press the red button that made it turn off, then i got a whooping frommy parents and never did it again.

Nexttime im in Thailand i will do it and see if they just stay on it :D

Some manual should be published, how to behave on an escalator.

Just imagine, there is a power failure. People can be stuck for hours on the

no longer moving stairs. :D

when i was a kid i used to press the red button that made it turn off, then i got a whooping frommy parents and never did it again.

Nexttime im in Thailand i will do it and see if they just stay on it :D

I hate walking on a stationary escalator. (For example when Donz has pushed the red button). Not because I'm lazy, (well I am), but because something in my befuddled brain seems to be telling me that it should be moving, and as a consequence, I feel a bit weird - giddy. Does anyone else have this problem? :o

Maybe Thais have this sensation in reverse, as they are not used to escalators? :D