Long Term, Multiple Entry, No Work?

German passport

do not need to work in Thailand

I would like to find out what the best option would be if I want to come and go to Thailand as often as I want (I travel a lot) and stay for as long as I like whenever I am there.

I would like to avoid having to worry about renewing my visa all the time, or crossing borders just for the sake of having to renew my visa.

My Visa history:

I entered Thailand first time mid February 2006, got the 30 day visa on arrival automatically, was there for 28 days and left the country again.

Now I applied for a 60 day tourist visa and sent my passport to the embassy. They did not call me that there was a problem with the payment and now I have to worry about not getting my passport back in time for my flight , stress like this I do not want in the future and I do not want to keep having to send my passport to embassies either.

I do not need to work in Thailand, I do not need a work permit, and I would prefer if whatever option you recommend would not depend on a third party to either sponsor me, marry me, or anything like that.