Who can countersign Uk passport photos

FATNAPPY

Renewing my childs Uk passport via Hong Kong and reading the notes on the countersigning of photos, there are many rules which are very difficult to comply with ( countersignee must live in Uk etc etc ).

Anybody know if the rules are different for expats here or any information on who can sign in this country.

Thanks

Provided there are no drastic changes in looks then counter signers are not required. I have renewed numerous passports in my time here and never had a counter signatory. However if your child's looks have altered drastically, i.e. new born to 10 year old then I am not sure about signatures sorry.

Just had a thought you could maybe try Bert at Tropical Berts as he is the new Honorary Consul .

Edited by RabC

You do need to include 2 photographs with your application, one of which should be signed.

The person signing and making the declaration does not have to live in the UK. The preference is for a British national with a British passport but that is not essential

Quailifiactions - any "professional" - doctor, accountant, teacher, bank manager (yes, you have to wonder sometimes) etc; people who have Masters degrees from UK universities and/or membership of UK Chartered Proffesional Bodies; people with note responsibilities in the community (local government officers, etc) are all elidgible.

I signed for people I know in the UK, and expats in India and Thailand without any issues. Do you have British friends who have known your daughter for the qualifying period?

If not, her teacher or headteacher, family doctor would do.

Make sure they use the correct wording on the photo and also fill in the section on the form correctly. Then you should have no problems.

Just a slightly different slant to this subject, have just read the notes re application, and maybe I have missed something .. What documents to I have to enclose for a renewal of a 6 yr old childs passport, do they have to be originals or will copies suffice...Any help and advice welcome please... Thanks

Just a slightly different slant to this subject, have just read the notes re application, and maybe I have missed something .. What documents to I have to enclose for a renewal of a 6 yr old childs passport, do they have to be originals or will copies suffice...Any help and advice welcome please... Thanks

for renewal you shouldnt have to send anything other than a copy of the data page of the existing PP, application form and photos, but what ever you do...do not send any original documents to HK