Torx star t-47 help me locate one?

yankee99

I am trying to split my calipers for powder coating and need this bit to do it. I have been to or called all the usual shops. Seems thailand goes from t40 to t50. I really dont want to order from the states unless its my only choice.

Have you tried an allen head?

What city are you in? Just checked my torx, biggest i have is 40.

If your really desperate you can use an EZ out bit, and find a suitable replacement bolt.

Theres a shop on Srinakarin that sells specialty tools between pattanakarn and on nut.

In CNX Charoen muang road has a few specialty tool shops as well as one by the moat by chiang mai gate.

Edited by KRS1

heading towards bankapi its on the left. Not many shops on that stretch, tools are displayed in the window.

Would probably be better going to a thai style auto parts shop, as they often have specialty tools.

The parts shop on Udomsuk may have it, i know they have clutch sockets.

There is also an auto parts shop on pattanakarn, cross the bridge over srinakarin....when the road starts to curve right , there is a 7-11 on the left...the shop is directly across the street on the corner...got all kinds of stuff there.

Make sure to give the bolt a few good swift taps on the head before trying to remove it.

Edited by KRS1

If your really desperate you can use an EZ out bit, and find a suitable replacement bolt.

Theres a shop on Srinakarin that sells specialty tools between pattanakarn and on nut.

In CNX Charoen muang road has a few specialty tool shops as well as one by the moat by chiang mai gate.

Its really not a option to easy out all the bolts as these are caliper bolts and the same ones would need to go back in. I am in pattaya.

This intrigues me as a "tool guy". it seems to be an odd ball size also called FTX-500. Beta don't list one neither do Snap-on. Most on interweb seem to be in the USA. Craftsman etc.. Even surfing for FTX-500 all I get is FleaBay

Ah the plot thickens also called a GM style Torx , seems that GM style T50 is also called FTX-500 or Power, TORX® (GM Style), T50 Snap-on lists it between T45 and T50

Anyway lots of T47 on North American sites.

Not many GM braked cars here so....

On the subject of tools...are most of you buying at a certain place?

Because the small selection I have really suck & Home Pro is not much better.

If I do stay permanently I would want to build up a set.

All this China stuff is so soft & sloppy

Edited by mania

On the subject of tools...are most of you buying at a certain place?Because the small selection I have really suck & Home Pro is not much better.If I do stay permanently I would want to build up a set.All this China stuff is so soft & sloppy

95% of my tools are craftsman as the stuff here is sh&t

Could you narrow that down bit? I'll go for a visit.

sent you a pm

'Yankee,

Found it on street view It is called Asia Kendy and they have Facom. I already checked Facom before and they don't list T47 only T45 and T50. You could call?

Know any Canadians? Canadian Tire has them for about $3.

I'm a habitual optimist but I think for T47 you are SOL, here in Thailand. Unless there is a club somewhere specific to your vehicle and someone has one. Opel?

95% of my tools are craftsman as the stuff here is sh&t

Yeah Craftsman is fine stuff & I had a lot of it in the USHow are you getting it here?

I had a lot sent ems via ebay. Also friends and family brought stuff here.

• Like 1

I just checked...and none of the companies I deal with have a T47. Goes T45 to T50

I don't deal with Stahl Willie but they often have stuff others don't. They have T47. Now, who sells Stahl Willie?

post-63954-0-43512900-1371731770_thumb.j

Edited by BSJ

I had a lot sent ems via ebay. Also friends and family brought stuff here.

Seems like the best idea.

I dont know about customs but have always read USPS priority tends not to get hit.

Will find out soon as I have a few things coming soon via USPS

Homepro has a good tool set called META, been using it for over 10 years...may have changed names though.

T47, may want to give klong tom a try around chinatown. If it exist it'll be there.

For $9 bucks though , man just order it from the US.

Heres the META set in a greenbox, check out the socket walls.

photo0166.jpg

photo0167.jpg

Its really not a option to easy out all the bolts as these are caliper bolts and the same ones would need to go back in. I am in pattaya.

you could always replace them with allens...but, yeah i understand

If its a GM bolt, maybe the pattaya GM dealer can back them out for you....now that i think about it, i think these are used to also secure truck beds.

Edited by KRS1

whatever tool i bought here, they all melted like a chocolate after some work with them.

i agree all the tools here like <deleted>.

so no shop can remove your calipers in pattaya?

The calipers are removed but they are not monoblock so need to be split for the PC shop.

Just out of interest. Where are you taking the callipers for powder coating and how much are they asking?

These are going to pattaya powder coat on sukhumvit near toyota. Not sure about the price but should be about 300baht each....I sent my swing arm to chianng mai to get done it was 2000 plus 1000 r/t ems 3000total.

20130621_092625.jpg

20130621_092639.jpg

parts to be replaced or cleaned

20130621_092740.jpg