Divorce Status

joeyjojo

My ex has previously stated that we divorced, I assume now, through the courts, as I was not able to attend the Amphur in person. Fast forward a number of years. I have been to the Amphur where we married and have now got a copy of our marriage certificate but no record of the divorce. Ive been told that there is no requirement to register the divorce with the Amphur and the Amphur have searched their records and have stated there is nothing on their system country wide. I now have zero contact with my ex and have no way of finding her. How can I track down to see if a court divorce was executed and how I can get a copy of any certification?

Edited by joeyjojo

The divorce order must be filed at the amphur, otherwise you are not divorced as far as thirt parties are concerend. They can still consider you married as that is what the official records show (think about debts, etc).

If a divorce was grnated can be asked from the court where the divorce was granted. That would be the court for the area where she was at a household registration book.

• Like 1

That would be the court for the area where she was at a household registration book.

Thanks! I'm assuming this would be where she grew up? ...and can be obtained by using her Thai ID number?

Edited by joeyjojo

Ok great thanks again. This is going to be difficult to chase up from OS. Who would you recommend to chase up on my behalf? PI or lawyer? Are you allowed to recommend specific companies? All I have is the marriage certificate that has her Thai ID number on it...That will have to do I guess?

Edited by joeyjojo

Ok great thanks again. This is going to be difficult to chase up from OS. Who would you recommend to chase up on my behalf? PI or lawyer? Are you allowed to recommend specific companies? All I have is the marriage certificate that has her Thai ID number on it...That will have to do I guess?

That should do it, as it just is that the name and or ID-number should make it easier to track the case down (if there is any).

Normal procedure would be that the court orders the misses to try and track you down so you can make a court appearance. You not showing up would slow down the case, as several attempts must be made.

Can't say what will be best, PI or lawyer. A good lawyer depends on the area and how much you are willing to spend. Isaanlawyers have a good reputation regarding family law, but there are other firms.

As said, you might not be divorced at all. In that case, cheapest would be to convince her to get a divorce at the amphur and fly down to Thailand.