Police: online clip of attack on Russian tarnishes Phuket's image

webfact

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There where about 5 situations in that clip where i would have had the opportunity to disarm him and smash his face all over the floor in front of the camera. As soon as he started slapping him it was obvious he had no intensions to shoot. Also that was not a fake gun!!! It is a real gun. BOO YAAA

If you (knowingly) mess with a married woman you deserve to get hurt in my opinion.

I believe that's also the opinion of the police, so why would they take action against a Thai man if was really the victim in the broader story.

People step out of line and get slapped every day, it's only that fact that this is on video that makes it different.

Are you suggesting that women are not free to and capable of making their own choices? I am well aware of the Thai police's answer to my question, but they are cave men, and would also agree that women deserve a beating for sleeping around, so more interested in your answer?

The fact that the police are more upset at the victim who released the video confirms what a superficial culture Thailand has. They figure it's appropriate to ignore the whorish behaviour of the Thai woman and the lack of self control exhibited by her husband and instead focus on what exposing this incident could possibly do to tourism and the pursuit of the ONLY thing that matters in Phuket -- money. When did Thais stop caring about saving face, and are the majority of Phuket Thais now spiritually and morally bankrupt?

Edited by Wavefloater
  • Like 1

After all these crusades against Russian business interests in Phuket so strikes the Russians back 10 times worse. This is what happens when the Thais harasses the Russians. close down their shops and arresting them for working and taking market share from Thais.

I forgot to say there are a lot of people on Phuket that are very nice and honest and don't want this kind of thing happening Anywhere

Then why is this kind of crap commonplace in Phuket? I have only been there once and have absolutely no desire to return. I live in Pattaya and experience far less corruption in a year here than I did in a weekend in Phuket. I guess if you like expensive and dangerous it's a great place.

• Like 2

First of: in my humble opinion thats a real gun judging by the look and the heavy sound of the thump

when it hits his head. He hid it and showed police a toy gun. Secondly on Thai websites it is said

the guy is police or has strong police connections. Same ol' same ol'....

Thirdly, is it even POSSIBLE to tarnish Phuket's image even further?

• Like 1

Well likely the mods will hit this as Thai bashing but it is a comment one has to make........

the attack itself was perpetrated by one man and did not reflect the action of Phuket people as a whole.

Quite true, normally it is done by a pack!

• Like 2

This copper would be facing some serious criminal charges in Australia and definitely would be in custody pending trial. Charges such as aggravated burglary, assault with a weapon and assault to name just a few. There is no defence to this type of criminal behaviour even if the Russian did throw a leg over his wife. (two to tango)

Yes I know this is Thailand and not Australia and if I don't like this type of lifestyle I can go home.

As stated in another thread, I would not be surprised if tourists who take a video clip of a negative occurrence on Phuket, offer the rights to the clip to the TAT, so they can buy it, then shelf it, so it nevers becomes public. Could be a good earner. :) :)

• Like 2

If you (knowingly) mess with a married woman you deserve to get hurt in my opinion.

I believe that's also the opinion of the police, so why would they take action against a Thai man if was really the victim in the broader story.

People step out of line and get slapped every day, it's only that fact that this is on video that makes it different.

Better to know she is married first than to find out later after you have spent your life savings on her ....giggle.gif , your opinion is typical, blame the bloke and beat him up, how droll, if the woman was willing, then you will be beating up people all your life...clap2.gifcheesy.gif

I never said that the woman was blameless, however I stand by what I said. If a man knowingly goes with a married woman, he deserves to get hurt.

Anyway, the video is obviously completely fake. But my point is still valid.

Edited by technologybytes

The Commander of the Phuket Police should simply shut up. What it is that is damaging Phuket image is the local intelect, attitude, culture and corruption of which he himself is more than aware.

• Like 1

The woman told the Russian man that she was single and living with her BROTHER, numb scull

Numb scull is a good description of someone who makes that comment ignoring the word (knowingly) which I put in brackets to make it easier for people with limited intelligence.

Is pointing a fake piece at someone against the law here?

I don't know if it is here. I know pointing anything that represents a gun at a person is Attempted Murder in the US. And I believe that is true of the EU as well. My Dad taught me that if your going to point a gun, use it, or leave it in your pocket.

Pointing a fake piece at someone is illegal anywhere in the world ... any why wouldn't it be?

correct, The victim would never know if it was fake or not when 1st shoved in his face by a violent intruder. Excuse me, before I <deleted> my pants, is that a real gun or a fake gun you are waving at me?

Has it not occured to anyone yet that it was a REAL gun?? That it's only face-saving that it was fake?

• Like 1

There where about 5 situations in that clip where i would have had the opportunity to disarm him and smash his face all over the floor in front of the camera. As soon as he started slapping him it was obvious he had no intensions to shoot. Also that was not a fake gun!!! It is a real gun. BOO YAAA

crying shame it wasn't you then, innit?

• Like 1

I wonder what is more damaging to the reputation of Phuket. The video on youtube, or the police chief saying that he is much more interested in catching the guy who posted the video than he is in prosecuting the criminal in the video? biggrin.png

The guy who pointed the gun is Thai. The guy who got the sh!t scared out of him is not. The math is pretty easy for the BIB all over Thailand, not just Phuket.

• Like 1

Is 'causing a Thai national to lose face' a criminal charge now?

A Thai losing face is almost worse than death itself and can result in other's death!!!

Just think how many Thai's have popped home to get a gun, then come back and blown the person 'who made them lose face' face off!!!

The crux of this story is if you decide to bed a Thai's wife make sure they don't find out about it.

Edited by SICHONSTEVE

As stated in another thread, I would not be surprised if tourists who take a video clip of a negative occurrence on Phuket, offer the rights to the clip to the TAT, so they can buy it, then shelf it, so it nevers becomes public. Could be a good earner. smile.pngsmile.png

Haven't you heard? The police are going to ban tourists from bringing or using and devices that can capture video. That's about the only way they can assure Phuket keeps its wonderful image

• Like 1

Maybe this is what Thailand needs, Dashcams EVERYWHERE and constant uploading.

Russia is the land of dash cams, we should take note and when something happens, upload it and let it go viral.

you can even set up a live broadcast on Ustream and keep the record.

as you walk around filming all the fakes (including smiles) on offer with life broadcast, girly bars, drugs and almost public narcotics trade, would cause what ... ?

Sure some will do just that.

Announce it here then ...

At least we are communities who want to live in peace together, no?

Edited by wealth

I don't know if it is here. I know pointing anything that represents a gun at a person is Attempted Murder in the US. And I believe that is true of the EU as well. My Dad taught me that if your going to point a gun, use it, or leave it in your pocket.

Are you sayi9ng that as kids when we played cowboys and Indians we could have been arrested for attempted murder. that is carrying the nanny state to a new level.

Credo

Thai married women have no qualms about going with a foreigner and often their Thai husband is complicit in their doing so .

It is all about money , perhaps bt10,000 or some gold jewellery , always proves very useful . I find that even among the most upright of women such an excusion is not seen as prostitution .

The young Russian was very cool not to react at all , which also seemed to annoy the Thai man . I suspect that the Russian was a bigger and maybe stronger man , but taking action against the Thai man could have got him shot , or escalated the fight where the Thai was severely injured , getting the Russian into trouble .

It is not clear which has the worse reputation for thuggery , Phuket or Pattaya .

• Like 1