Police: online clip of attack on Russian tarnishes Phuket's image

webfact

Is it not amazing that the russian just happend to have his video recorder on when someone knocked on the door?

Setup? huh.png

in thai visa yesterday another article mentioned someone tried to enter his room in the middle of the night .... we know how Thais can be violent , specially if there is a woman involved.I am sure he just took some precautions.

• Like 2

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What a load of cobblers. The Russian says he was dating a woman who he didn't know was seeing somebody else (being married is "seeing somebody else"?). When he saw the man coming to his room he set the camera up to record the confrontation. If he didn't know the Thai slapper was "seeing somebody else" how did he know who it was coming to his room? This such a staged thing.. He then passes the video over to his friend instead of taking it to the police? If the Thai guy was serious about it all he wouldn't be giving the Russian girly slaps, I promise you. Utter nonsense.

Read the article from a few days ago, and you will be much wiser as to what happened.

A hint: The guy expected trouble, as after their trip the girl had told him she could not see him anymore. Ie. he didn't know to begin with, but realised after she suddenly had to stop seeing him. Another hint: He did indeed take the video to the police, as well as posting it on youtube.

Anyway, since you seem to know it all, what would be the motive for staging this video? Why would a Thai guy voluntarily be in a video that lands him in trouble with the law, and why would the Russian let some guy slap and kick him?

• Like 1

Is it not amazing that the russian just happend to have his video recorder on when someone knocked on the door?

Setup? huh.png

Read the report. He took the time to switch on the recorder when he heard the door knocking. He clearly expected trouble.

It was the second knocking that day, the first time he did not open, and he expected trouble as his girlfriend had told him she could not see him anymore. But I agree, it would help alot if ppl would just read the article(s) before posting.

Why would someone have his video on like that ? Seems highly suspicious to me that there is a lot more behind this. It almost looks like it has been rehearsed and is being acted out. Why did the Russian just walk away from the unlocked door after the guy ahs already come back in ? Any sane person would blockade it and call the police. After all he has the "evidence" of the assult doesn't he ?

Yes, there is alot more behind, it is all in the article from the other day - I suggest you read it, then you will be able to answer your own questions

"greatly tarnishes the province's image," How can you tarnish something that is completely covered in rust and barnacles? Some say Russian could have beaten the daylights out of the Thai, but my take is that he'd better be ready to kill the guy because he would just bring his gang of friends back later for another round. Which the Russian would lose. If it is real, he did the right thing.

My ex got a thing going online with British ass. I talked with him (!) she purportedly told him we were separated (we weren't). Then, when she started crying, he threatened to come beat me up because I made her cry (nothing I did) and didn't want him to have sex with her.... Thai women are unbelievable. Literally.

A few points.

The police is worried about HIS JOB. The minute this blows up, he's transferred to a outer province (byebye tea money).

Just as in most instances when 'crackdown's are announced, they are in response to heat from Bangkok coming down.

I say definitely a real gun, replaced after the fact (if this man is involved with the police, and has a licensed weapon, I'll bet it matches)

Thai people use the same word/meaning for wife and girlfriend. Doesn't mean they were legally married. I doubt they were legally married.

This video is important because it shows a side rarely captured. Those of us who live here know the dangers. Death is all around us here... I call it "ASSISTED SUICIDE". They would call it murder in my country.

As for Thailand's reputation. The only way to recover it at this point is to jail the assailant. We all know that won't happen.

• Like 1

Is pointing a fake piece at someone against the law here?

If any lawyer can address this scenario...

Had this (russian) guy on seeing a gun, assaulted the thai chap in self-defense (since not knowing that the gun is fake) .... what would have happened ?

Would the russian be charged for aggravated assault ? Or, not charged at all as he acted in self-defense ?

The Thai has entered his premises as a trespasser carrying a firearm (fake or not) with the intention of assaulting the Russian (assault place someone in fear of being assaulted) The Russian can use reasonable force to protect himself and the Thai would be charged with aggravated burglary + assaults.

Keep a fake baseball bat near the door.

I would take a baseball bat against a fake gun everytime!! (I realise that he didn't know the gun was fake) but get the clout in first and problem finished!!

By all means film it as carrying a gun with intent is a pretty serious offence and getting him brandish it at you on film gives you the bona fide excuse to whack him!!

Is 'causing a Thai national to lose face' a criminal charge now?

Causing Thai nationals to lose face is a criminal charge. It's called "damaging the image of Thailand." just as the police stated in the article.

No, it's not a criminal offense, where did you get that idea from?

I would love to see the meeting of ambassadors discuss the police chief's ridiculous stance on this - negating assault with a deadly weapon (even if it was a fake as the victim didn't know this)

Yes, it is an offense taken very seriously by Thais and the legal system here. It relates to the Kingdom and anything causing the ruler to lose face.

This is one law you don't want to challenge.

Why would someone have his video on like that ? Seems highly suspicious to me that there is a lot more behind this. It almost looks like it has been rehearsed and is being acted out. Why did the Russian just walk away from the unlocked door after the guy ahs already come back in ? Any sane person would blockade it and call the police. After all he has the "evidence" of the assult doesn't he ?

I have catalogued the above blurts you present as arguments against the Truth.

Each blurt corresponds to specific genres of rhetorical smokescreen or mirror often used to smear Truth.

These smokescreens and funhouse mirrors are trotted out routinely as "argument" against Truth.

They merit recognition only as Internet artifacts.

Thanks

Is pointing a fake piece at someone against the law here?

If any lawyer can address this scenario...

Had this (russian) guy on seeing a gun, assaulted the thai chap in self-defense (since not knowing that the gun is fake) .... what would have happened ?

Would the russian be charged for aggravated assault ? Or, not charged at all as he acted in self-defense ?

The Thai has entered his premises as a trespasser carrying a firearm (fake or not) with the intention of assaulting the Russian (assault place someone in fear of being assaulted) The Russian can use reasonable force to protect himself and the Thai would be charged with aggravated burglary + assaults.

In a normal country under normal circumstances with normal laws and normal police, maybe!!

• Like 1

Setup? huh.png

Maybe he was expecting the wife and wanted to film the experience from start to finish.

Thai people use the same word/meaning for wife and girlfriend. Doesn't mean they were legally married. I doubt they were legally married.

No they don't, you're showing your ignorance.

Mee-a = wife

Fan = boyfriend, or girlfriend.

I thought that punayar was your wife.

Police: online clip of attack on Russian tarnishes Phuket's image....

Well....if it's image you want....You can only polish a turd so much...

a fairly smart person once mentioned to me ages ago.

The way things seem to be going on Phuket the islands administrators

and law enforcement people are gonna need a whole lotta this...

post-146250-0-74070900-1371790832_thumb.

If they ever hope to receive this...

post-146250-0-59173100-1371790877_thumb.

Just sip satang from a once long time Phuket resident.

• Like 2

I'm sorry but am I missing something here?

I understand in today world the Internet is a wonderful thing? Youtube and all? but reading and looking at this video something doesn't fit?

Was this video staged? to show what actually happened lke the Thai police do when they go back as to what actually happened in this particular situatIon because it seem that it was re-inacted because the Thai man in the video never told the Russian to get on his knees. It is human nature for a person to be threaten to show some emotion instead of what I saw in the video? If not, why blank out the faces?

I've seen bargirls use the term in their relationship from boyfriend to husband. They look at it as one of the same when it is only a boyfriend. When they are together for a long period of time they consider them to be actually their husband without the paperwork. I know a few relationship over 10 years and she calls him his husband but they aren't married and there are times she refer to him as boyfriend.

How does one determine if the video is original that the gun was a fake? Has the guy been arrested and he cop to the story? is he that stupid to not know his GF/Wife wasn't into the p4p profressional and even if he didn't know why blame the Russian? unless he already slapped the shit out of her and whether he brought a real gun or fake one he most likely got the money and ability from her working the bar so why is he so upset?

Something smells or did I miss something?

Please take time to read and understand the article,then read the comments already made,then comment, this is getting boring!

Like the article is always the truth.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Unacceptable.

Reality is causing damage to the image of Thailand...

My sentiments exactly Andre 0720. This country has NO CLUE on anything substantial. Seems to me that 'Superficial' is the best adjective I can think of to describe 'saving face' and the minions that adhere to this fallacy.

• Like 1

Phuket police say the online video clip of an attack on a Russian man greatly tarnishes the province's image,

The image was tarnished long before this happened!

and the attack itself was perpetrated by one man and did not reflect the action of Phuket people as a whole.

Maybe not the Phuket locals as a whole but a great majority seem to take pleasure in tarnishing the Provinces image! Let's see, we have the tuk tuk drivers, the van drivers, even the bus drivers. Then we must not forget the jet ski scu..sorry operators, tour guides, the local mafia, the expat mafia, the BIB, the list is endless. I think the locals in Phuket are oblivious to the worlds perception of Phuket or either that, they just don't give a flying **CK!

MONEY, MONEY, MONEY seems to be the only real concern of locals in Phuket.

This Police Major General conveniently fails to mention a slew of critical facts which had been written up in the original article.

The woman introduced herself to the Russian man as she lived in the same building. She told the man she lived with her "brother." Naive at best, to the guy takes her out.

A day or two later the "brother" banged on the guy's door earlier in the day, which is why the Russian set up the video camera, in the event the idiot returned. The Russian had also not met the "brother."

This spineless brother should spend hard time behind bars, regardless whether the gun was fake or not. If you hold up a convenience store with a fake gun should it not be considered a crime because you were merely asking for money?

P.S. Real men don't slap. That said, perhaps thirty days in jail being slapped repeatedly and screamed at in his face by a high-pitched voice should suffice.

• Like 1

Please take time to read and understand the article,then read the comments already made,then comment, this is getting boring!

Like the article is always the truth.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Thats all we have to work with,point being read it and the comments. same comments over and over...coffee1.gif

Probably 80 to 90% of Thai ladies working bars ,massage ect have a Thai husband or Thai boyfriend lurking in the background so it probably went like this

Twatchai(not his real name) to wifey.

How much Russian man pay you?I want money for gambling.

Wifey... He say he no pay me as he young man and he no pay for lady.

Twatchai has a school yard tantrum and grabs his toy gun.

The internet rules.I have never seen so much back peddling covering up loss of face BS as over the last few years

• Like 1

I don't see why there is so much national fuzz around this story.

An unfaithful wife goes for a ride with another man. Her husband finds out and confronts his rival. This can happen (and it does happen) anywhere in the world, including Russia. As a matter of fact, a similar situation in Moscow, Sankt Petersburg or Vladivostok could have ended up much worse.

The scary lesson foreign tourists learn from this: do not sleep with someone else's spouse, even if you're in Thailand. Wow.

This is not about a Thai national and a Russian (or foreign) visitor. It's not a Phuket or Thailand issue. It's a story of two men and one unfaithful woman. What message will the Royal Police send if they give the worst possible hell to the husband: Thai man, beware, never confront the farangs who fool around with your wives?

I would not like to be in any of the two men's boots.

• Like 2