E-mail received from Embassy - collect after 2 days - is that always the case?

Just had the 'a decision has been made' e-mail from the UK Embassy - collect after 2 working days, is this always the case, has anyone ever been able to collect the passport from VFS the day after this e-mail, I was hoping the wife could collect it tomorrow from Bangers and we fly tomorrow night and not have to wait until Monday?

Thanks

Jimmy

From what I've heard, this tracking service is not always updated as often as it should be. It may say her passport is still at the embassy when it is actually back with VFS!

As time is so tight for you; I'd go with markie53's suggestion and give VFS a call.

Edit:

It is, of course, now Friday night in Thailand.

So, unless the office is open Saturdays for collection of passports, she's going to have to wait until Monday anyway.

Or was she able to collect it today (Friday)?

Edited by 7by7

Office is open on Saturdays for collection.

If your wife opted for SMS service. A text will be sent when passport is at the VFS office.

Also an email from VFS will be sent to you saying its now ready to collect.

Thanks fellas, as of now it still says its at the Embassy, I did call them yesterday and the lady did say Monday so unless we get the nod Saturday morning then it looks like Mrs E will be up there Monday.

Jimmy

Jay, I'm not sure Big Jimmy's profile will count for much unless he's like his avatar and makes them an offer they can't refuse!

Jimmy, I'm sure I've read at least one instance on here where someone has received the "decision" email (2 day collection) and then received an email the following day to say the passport was already back at VFS. We did ours by courier but also got an email the day after the "decision" email to say VFS had posted the passport.

So you might yet get something on Saturday. Good luck anyway.

• Like 1

Thanks again chaps, we've no need to worry about the visa being granted or not, this will be Mrs E's 5th UK visa, we've gone for a 5 year visit visa this time, the last visa she had was a 2 year visit visa, I asked the question as we were a bit pushed for time, we didn't (foolishly) pay the extra 3000 baht for the priority service so we haven't got it back in time but thats my own fault, all the other visas the wife has had (including 3 Schengen visas) all came back with in a week but the one time when I was hoping to get it back within the week......it doesn't.

I'm assuming that as we got the e-mail early Friday it should be ready for collection Monday!!

Ta

Jimmy

Edited by BIGJIMMY

We got an email from VFS the day after the one from the Embassy saying the papers were ready to be picked up, went and got them the next day.

That was last week, or this week depending on how you count Saturday.

• Like 1

We got an email from VFS the day after the one from the Embassy saying the papers were ready to be picked up, went and got them the next day.

That was last week, or this week depending on how you count Saturday.

That makes sense, the Mrs will head to Bangers for 10am on Monday, we're assuming it'll get to the VFS sometime on Monday and then we'll then fly Monday night.

Thanks all.

Jimmy

Mrs just back from collecting it today - 3 weeks after we submitted the application - all good.

Use the 3 day priority if you want ot back quicker - wish we did!!

E family off to the UK tonight!!

Ta ra