Belgian man murdered by Thai lover at Pattaya apartment

webfact

I wonder if Thailand's statistics are comparable with the USA?

On average, more than three women and one man are murdered by their intimate partners in this country (USA) every day. In 2000, 1,247 women were killed by an intimate partner. The same year, 440 men were killed by an intimate partner. Intimate partner homicides accounted for 30% of the murders of women and 5% percent of the murders of men.

(Bureau of Justice Statistics Crime Data Brief, Intimate Partner Violence, 1993-2001, February 2003. Bureau of Justice Statistics, Intimate Partner Violence in the U.S. 1993-2004, 2006.)

Yet more rationalizations for small -medium size farm animal bestiality LOL

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i would not generalize and say that people look like murderers but this woman certainly looks like she was capable of murder

She does AND they all are.

They (all of them) cannot handle conflict, consequently calm and peaceful resolution is not possible.

A knife from the toilet, sounds like she (sic) must have had them planted all around the apartment.

Not all of them.

No respectable, well to do, middle to upper class Thai lady would become sexually or romantically involved with an average farang old enough to be her grandfather.

As I keep saying; do not become involved with those from the underclasses of Thai society.

On average, more than three women and one man are murdered by their intimate partners in this country (USA) every day. In 2000, 1,247 women were killed by an intimate partner. The same year, 440 men were killed by an intimate partner. Intimate partner homicides accounted for 30% of the murders of women and 5% percent of the murders of men.

(Bureau of Justice Statistics Crime Data Brief, Intimate Partner Violence, 1993-2001, February 2003. Bureau of Justice Statistics, Intimate Partner Violence in the U.S. 1993-2004, 2006.)

I don't think these references to the US or other Western countries are reasonable for the simple reason that statistics in the West are thorough and accurate. One can't say the same thing for statistics in this country or developing countries in general. Retribution is a huge factor in keeping people silent. Plus, you are using statistics from 13 years ago.

How many murders go unsolved in this country? How many people go missing? How many times do the police just shrug their shoulders and not report crimes because it is too inconvenient, they knew or knew of the people involved, or were even paid off? And how many times do normal people refuse to report crimes? I am willing to bet that the actual crime rate and the reported crime rate are drastically different from one another.

i would not generalize and say that people look like murderers but this woman certainly looks like she was capable of murder

Jeez I never read anything so stupid.

you don't spend much time on TV then do you?

I agree 100%. I am always amazed that the stupidity just seems to constantly reach higher levels.

• Like 1

Looking at that vacant face, it is easy to see that there aren't too many neurons firing in that brain. She will get off with a warning.

If i was her and had some over the hill fart messing on his wife back home then accusing me of messing on him I'd stab him too, and then help him 'jump' off the balcony! :D The cheek of the hypocrite, he had a 'young one' half his age 'helping him enjoy' it wasn't for his good looks or charm... but you cannot BUY or OWN someone. He should have thought about that before running his mouth.

Excuse my harsh attitude if you can find it in your heart. :)

Looking at that vacant face, it is easy to see that there aren't too many neurons firing in that brain. She will get off with a warning.

If i was her and had some over the hill fart messing on his wife back home then accusing me of messing on him I'd stab him too, and then help him 'jump' off the balcony! biggrin.png The cheek of the hypocrite, he had a 'young one' half his age 'helping him enjoy' it wasn't for his good looks or charm... but you cannot BUY or OWN someone. He should have thought about that before running his mouth.

Excuse my harsh attitude if you can find it in your heart. smile.png

I agree. You can`t buy or own someone. Only rent. ;)

The guy was 78 and compared to living in Belgium not such a bad way to go. My preferred exit will be to have a heart attack brought on by the hooker on whom I spent my last baht.

However there are better ways to initiate a heart attack than a knife through the rib-cage..................thumbsup.gif

Poor guy. RIP.

But at 78, I would no long give a hoot if my current bed partner slept with some one 30-50 years younger,

I really would expect it, and just be happy she can still give me a shag from time to time.

Besides the fact in Pattaya he can always find a new one before the weekend is over.

Why argue with a bargirl with you for 4 months about fidelity in the first place.

Good point.

Happens all the time in Pattaya. No need to argue. Just move on, end relationship and find someone who will be faithful.

I think that is exactly what she was doing..................rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

Many Thais brag about their hot temper and here you see the results. Something must be done.

Like what? The only thing I see that can be done is for us foreigners to be aware of this at all times and "breach subjects delicately", especially those involving the emotion of jealousy.

Like huge <deleted>***ing sentences ie life!! its not that hard is it?

Too many people think that just because a man is 30 or even 40 years older than his young Thai honey that the relationship is all about money.

I have one of these relationships and off course money plays a part but is there anyone out there that can say it doesn't play a part in any relationship

anywhere? If the old guy is healthy and in good shape the young Thai hottie is still most likely better off with her "old" man than with a Thai man/boy. Some

of these couples actually love each other despite the age difference. So lay off the "old" guys. Although I am not in this guy's age I will be in 20 years

and my Thai tail will be in her mid 40's by then, assuming of course I even remember her by then :)

Golly ... Please don't publish stats like these. We Americans don't want to lose face.

Many posters degraded the fact that the guy was in some sort of relationship with a much younger person.

If you were single, 78 and living anywhere, would you be interested and satisfied in finding a companion of the same age?

Trophy companions are common everywhere. Of course opinions will vary as to what that throphy might be. Why would any older man in Thailand pursue a matching age mate when he doesn't have to?

Edited by aguy30

Only one city in the whole of "Asia" makes it into the top 50 most dangerous cities in the world. And thats in iraq.

Majority are south american and african. With detroit and baltimore making appearances also.

Too many people think that just because a man is 30 or even 40 years older than his young Thai honey that the relationship is all about money.

I have one of these relationships and off course money plays a part but is there anyone out there that can say it doesn't play a part in any relationship

anywhere? If the old guy is healthy and in good shape the young Thai hottie is still most likely better off with her "old" man than with a Thai man/boy.

Yeah, there are many many people around the world who can say money doesn't play a part in any relationship.

Only one city in the whole of "Asia" makes it into the top 50 most dangerous cities in the world. And thats in iraq.

Majority are south american and african. With detroit and baltimore making appearances also.

Pattaya is very unique and much more difficult to compare than just a few statistics. The composition of Pattaya is rather different than most other places. It has been estimated that there may be about a million people at some times with more than 75-80% being tourists and expats. Not many other places have that distribution. The chances of any one person being caught up in a bad situation are small. Even smaller chances when a little common sense and good judgement are used. Actions of an individual can greatly increase the probabilty of trouble by offering opportunities to the "bad" guys.

anywhere? If the old guy is healthy and in good shape the young Thai hottie is still most likely better off with her "old" man than with a Thai man/boy. Some

of these couples actually love each other despite the age difference. So lay off the "old" guys. Although I am not in this guy's age I will be in 20 years

and my Thai tail will be in her mid 40's by then, assuming of course I even remember her by then smile.png

My opinion is that most relationships between an older man and younger lady here in Thailand almost always has to do with money. At least initially. But there is nothing wrong with that. In western countries it is frowned upon and the general opinion is that it is not acceptable. I have eaven heard about a "rule of thumb" that says the woman should be at least half his age + 7. But in Thailand it is acceptable for a younger woman to engage in a relationship with an older man eaven if it is for money and the main reason is to gain support for her family.

It is no point in trying to defend this point of view to someone from the west who thinks the whole world should be just like his own country.

I am married to the first girl I met in Pattaya 8 years ago. She is 39 and only 4 months younger than me. But I get asked by younger thai girls from my village all the time to find a handsome farang for them. "But he has to be older than 50." - Many say. When a young girl in her 20`s asks you such a thing you realize that they have a different reality here.

Also I get the feeling that many people in the west thinks that older men come here to take advantage of younger women. After living here for 8 years I have the opposite point of view. It is mostly the older men who are taken advantage of.

She will be taken back to the scene of the murder, do a pantomime of how she did it. She will be slapped on the wrist, told to write the guys Belgian wife an apology letter and be sent on her way. Is that the way here for murder?

They (all of them) cannot handle conflict, consequently calm and peaceful resolution is not possible.

A knife from the toilet, sounds like she (sic) must have had them planted all around the apartment.

what a load of utter <deleted>, tarring an entire nation with the same brush.

the woman looks like a tweaker, but even if she is not she is an individual who stabbed a man, not the ambassador for a nation of muderesses.

And while this does not exonerate her, when will the men who find themselves be held accountable for ignoring every warning and discarding every shred of common sense and setting up house with women they are culturally, socially, and intellectually incompatible with?

its like a family with an attack trained pitbull acting surprised to find little jimmy dead in the back yard with his skull crushed -- what were the chances?

Edited by joeaverage

she is one ugly woman! surely he could have done better than that!

Why was the Belgian guy in Pattaya?

If he had holiday in Europe nothing had happened.

It's almost illegal to publish such stories and let shine out that Thailand would be a dangerous country.

Printing such stories brings the good ties between Thailand and Belgium in danger.

RIP the Belgian guy

Don't be so naive!! 'Nothing would have happened if he'd been in Europe'?!!! If you think this then you have ABSOLUTELY ZERO awareness of how fragile life and death are and certainly no understanding of how people anywhere can be capable of such terrible acts!!! It's just the world we live in, moreover sadly, too many of the people in it!! Never heard of a 'crime of passion'??? Only thing is it's generally assumed to be the 'accuser' who's likely to lose control and do the dirty deed, but to think such a thing could only happen in Thailand is ridiculously dumb.. just read the papers (or even look here on TV more!).. so, no its not even ALMOST illegal for such stories to be published either!.. doh!!!shock1.gif ... what a cosy, blinkered world you must wander around in, when in Europe anyway!!... ('Thais are bad, m'kay'???!)... don't make me laugh...

Agree on one thing.. RIP the guy... wai2.gif

death fragile? seems pretty permanent to me.

she is one ugly woman! surely he could have done better than that!

One mans beauty is not the same for us all.

You like something different to me, I like something different to you.

• Like 1