home pro staff[p-ssed me off]

meatboy

So how many staff at HomePro do you think have ever owned a vacuum cleaner?

Though it is better to have owned and used the product you sell its a bit unpractical and id hate to be a mortician then.

You know a lot of people that have never been to a funeral?

Most everyone working at a Walmart or Home Depot in the US has lived in a home that has something similar to most everything for sale in the store.

You'd be hard pressed to find a woman that had never used a vacuum cleaner or a man that had not used a lawn mower.

Most people have owned or at least used both.

I am talking about the quality of coffins and such.. care to try yourself as a mortician.

And vacuum cleaners are not used a lot here by the general poor public strange that you fail to realize that.

Having used a lawn mower does not make me an expert on them only if I used many, it would be unpractical to have used all lawn mowers or vacuum cleaners. But hey just go on slagging off on Thailand.

A course about the products is much more useful and practical then having owned them unless you have owned them all.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@morgandave

If i want to have real hands on information about a product ill go to consumer organisations that test products. I know they do back in the Netherlands and I heard they do that in Australia too. Just owning one product certainly does not make you an expert on all products.I have owned many a computer (and build them) but still I would be hard pressed to say i know them all and every change in them. Same goes for mobiles you might have owned a few but it would be impossible to own them all you could say a few things in general terms but that is it.

Just find your information in consumer tests on the internet that is a much better source.

Don't know what you guys are talking about with respect to the staff following you around........I have a face that makes babies cry, and one look at me from the staff....they suddenly find something else to do.

I have problems finding staff when I do need their assistance.

Just one note for Dave....you may already be aware, but do not expect a high standard of quality when shopping for materials or tools here in Thailand. I have even found myself saying that Bunnings have better stuff than what I've found here. (Bunnings is a large hardware chain in Oz, that stocks poor quality materials at cheaper prices).

Cheers.

I import most all my non-electric tools from the US. Cheaper and better.

Edited by crazygreg44

A Tip to All:

Staff in places like this and Tesco/Big C etc. are not actually staff employed by Home Pro etc., they are employed by the companies that have products there. They only have the interest of selling the products of their company. That is why they will always tell you 'oh this one no good, this one better' etc.

Never, ever, ever, listen to the staff there, because they are not staff of that company, but of a company selling products there.

How they are legally allowed to dress like company staff and mislead and lie to customers is beyond me, but TIT.

Never forget that when you are shopping here.

@morgandave

If i want to have real hands on information about a product ill go to consumer organisations that test products. I know they do back in the Netherlands and I heard they do that in Australia too. Just owning one product certainly does not make you an expert on all products.I have owned many a computer (and build them) but still I would be hard pressed to say i know them all and every change in them. Same goes for mobiles you might have owned a few but it would be impossible to own them all you could say a few things in general terms but that is it.

Just find your information in consumer tests on the internet that is a much better source.

yes, I often do this. Some consumer sites however require registering and some even want your money for advice. Just search an item in the amazon store, and check the customer ratings on it. Best advice often had, on faulty items as well as it is easy cornering the better quality stuff . . . .

Don't know what you guys are talking about with respect to the staff following you around........I have a face that makes babies cry, and one look at me from the staff....they suddenly find something else to do.

Just one note for Dave....you may already be aware, but do not expect a high standard of quality when shopping for materials or tools here in Thailand. I have even found myself saying that Bunnings have better stuff than what I've found here. (Bunnings is a large hardware chain in Oz, that stocks poor quality materials at cheaper prices).

Cheers.

how do you make them work without a converter ? Not even said all those converters use up twice as much electricity than a tool with proper voltage . .

You do understand the term "non-electric tools" dont you...if you dont, it means ones that dont need power for...whistling.gif

Cheers.

how do you make them work without a converter ? Not even said all those converters use up twice as much electricity than a tool with proper voltage . .

You do understand the term "non-electric tools" dont you...if you dont, it means ones that dont need power for...whistling.gif

i realized my mistake earlier, but found it impossible to delete my reply ! It somehow found it's way to the board ! sorry !

Edited by crazygreg44

Ahhh - HOME PRO....

For the Aussies that haven't been to one, it's like a cross between Bunnings & Hardly Normal.

In come sections over-priced (HN sections), others selling crap (Bunnings sections), but entertaining staff.

TW decided we should visit one - think it was around Korat somewhere - staff following us around, offering to give/get me a basket or trolley for the few things I was carrying.

Always declining, then one bright spark pointed out that I was carrying stuff & it would be easier in a basket or trolley, and he'd happily go get either.

Watching his face as the satang dropped when he was told: the more I can carry, the more she will buy. I have other places to go, a basket or trolley is not needed - but thank you.

Better than a Mastercard ad - priceless.

:-)

you have a great, self-abasing sense of humour ... thumbsup.gif

So great he's almost a master.

Yep, that's one hell of a master abaser...

(before the horse is jumped on, yes - it's a joke)

Edited by pgs