Relocation to the UK: Children who are British Citizens exempt from Financial Requirements

At some point I reckon we might have to relocate back to the UK. Just checking the new rules and want to be sure; as we live in Thailand we would be applying here. My wife is a Filipino so would have to apply for a settlement visa; we've been married for 4+ years so would that allow her to ask for anything else like indefinite leave to remain. We have two kids, both British and Filipino citizens; does their British citizenship exempt me from the financial requirements and so enable mummy to apply for a settlement visa on the basis of me earning £18,600 pa?

In the event that we go back the likelihood is that I would have to go back and set up home and get a job and once that has been achieved then bring them over. Are there other ways of doing this? For instance what approach would the BA take if members of my family were prepared to act as sponsor/guarantors?

Any advice welcome.

The possibility of being granted ILE/ILR after 4 years of marriage overseas no longer applies.

British children are exempt from any financial requirements, so you will need to meet the 18,600 GBP threshold only.

An alternative to going ahead to UK alone, and finding work, is to use savings instead of income to meet the requirement. Basically, you would need savings of 62,500 GBP for at least 6 months, and that money must be "immediately available" at the time of application.

Third party financial support is not accepted. Family can provide accommodation, but not finances.

Tony M

Thanks TonyM. Can I just clarify that there are no accommodation requirements: I simply need an income of £18,600? That is it. Those prior savings of £62,500 are really steep. Once more thanks for your help.

Thanks TonyM. Can I just clarify that there are no accommodation requirements: I simply need an income of £18,600? That is it. Those prior savings of £62,500 are really steep. Once more thanks for your help.

There is an accommodation requirement, but it can be met by a relative, They will have to provide confirmation that you can stay, and evidence that they own the property , and that the accommodation is adequate for you to stay there.

Of course, you have to provide evidence that you meet the financial requirement, as specified in the immigration rules Appendix FM-SE

• Like 1

There is an accommodation requirement, but it can be met by a relative, They will have to provide confirmation that you can stay, and evidence that they own the property , and that the accommodation is adequate for you to stay there.

Of course, you have to provide evidence that you meet the financial requirement, as specified in the immigration rules Appendix FM-SE

Thanks Tony very helpful.