Grass problems

I laid about 500 sqm of grass its the finer bladed grass . 10 cm of soil underneath some squares took well and grow tall others are not I have a few brown patches as well . I watered it everyday for about three weeks now Im down to about every three days . Its been down now for three months and will get its first cut tommorow . What can I do with the patches that are not growing well I can see they have not died they are very green but there not taking off like some of the others . What fertilizer can I use . Also do they make a weed and feed like we use to have back home . I do have an abundance of crab grass , I have picked most of it but comes back as fast as I pull it up ... Any help I am in CM ...

Three months? It would have been better if you had cut at a height of. 10cm. Theoretically you should not take more than a third when you mow. If you cut too low it may get burnt/turn yellow. I don't think you need to water every day, Once a week should be enough. As for fertilisers I don't think that you will find in Thailand, maybe if you google 'homemade lawn fertiliser' you will have some luck. I haven't seen any weed and feed stuff yet.

The brown patches may be due to a fungus disease, maybe caused by over watering? Some beasty gnawing at the roots is another possibility.The lawn should recover from this even if it is growing as you say.

Crab grass.. you will have to live with it, although regular mowing should keep it in check. This can't be eradicated using any weed killer.

The most important elements of lawn care are: regular mowing, not taking more than a third of the height each time.

20gm per square meter of nitrogen per year.

Occasional watering when necessary.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...