where is the beef?

ou812

If you are used to good beef, you will never be satisfied with the beef here, but it is actually much better than it used to be. There are a few restaurants in town that do acceptable burgers and steaks, but no comparison to back home. I mostly try to stick with chicken instead as it is usually pretty good in Thailand.

If you look around you will find several places with good hamburgers. Not on every corner like Farangland but there are quite a few around from plane Jane's which are nice when home made to the fancy Double whopper with cheese and bacon at Burger King or the big Joe's special with Bacon and Blue Cheese at the Dukes.

They just don't hang signs out you have to look around.

Try the Rib fingers meat they sometime have at Rimping, I just made a burger out of them. Much cheaper than Chuck and very moist.

Prime beef from Rimping does the trick for me.

I make burgers , steaks and roast beef from it.

If you look around you will find several places with good hamburgers. Not on every corner like Farangland but there are quite a few around from plane Jane's which are nice when home made to the fancy Double whopper with cheese and bacon at Burger King or the big Joe's special with Bacon and Blue Cheese at the Dukes.

I beg to differ, helloddolly. Hua Hin BK.

The sign

post-70928-0-20435400-1371969908_thumb.j

The double cheeseburger

post-70928-0-03227300-1371969955_thumb.j post-70928-0-69614600-1371969969_thumb.j

Never again!

Pon Yang Kum has very good beef. They cut to spec. in a glassed in cool room. I've never asked for them to grind but it would be well worth the trip to go check it out and see.

Can you give me directions?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I really like the Thai beef from Northern Farms... Chiang Mai Saloon offers 2 burgers. 1 made from the Northern Farms local beef and the other more expensive option is imported Aussie beef. The Northern Farms beef tastes much better and is cheaper.

But of course, I've never been a fan of Aussie beef. To me it tastes a bit "off" and not as good as good ol' normal American beef.

-Mestizo

• Like 2

Please correct me if I am wrong. But it is my belief that Australian beef is grass fed. Whereas I know that North American beef is grain fed. To me Australian beef tastes like shoe leather compared to North American beef."

"Grains" are just seeds from mature cereal grasses going into winter season. It's natural but usually small part of grass eaters diet.

Most all cattle eat both but whether it can be called grass fed depends on the regulatory environment and ratio of grass to grain.

The Aussie and New Zealand can be called grass fed because it's relatively high grass diet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cattle_feeding

Please correct me if I am wrong. But it is my belief that Australian beef is grass fed. Whereas I know that North American beef is grain fed. To me Australian beef tastes like shoe leather compared to North American beef.

Not all Australian beef is 100% grass fed and neither is US beef. There are many feed lots,supplemented by grass feed in Oz.The taste and quality of any beef depends on the price and what "cut you" eat. Inevitably you get,in most cases, what you pay for. The best beef I have ever eaten came from Argentina.

I beg to differ, helloddolly. Hua Hin BK.

The sign

attachicon.gifIMG_6060.JPG

The double cheeseburger

attachicon.gifIMG_6062.JPG attachicon.gifIMG_6063.JPG

Never again!

Thats put me off my dinner. What meat is it, or should I say fat. sad.png

• Like 1

Please correct me if I am wrong. But it is my belief that Australian beef is grass fed. Whereas I know that North American beef is grain fed. To me Australian beef tastes like shoe leather compared to North American beef.

Not all Australian beef is 100% grass fed and neither is US beef. There are many feed lots,supplemented by grass feed in Oz.The taste and quality of any beef depends on the price and what "cut you" eat. Inevitably you get,in most cases, what you pay for. The best beef I have ever eaten came from Argentina.

Much of the quality Australian beef is grass fed and then finished off at feed lots.

At good steak restaurants you are offered a choice of either grain or grass fed beef. Grass fed beef seems, to my taste, to have more flavour while grain fed is more tender.

Best beef i've ever tasted used to be in the U.S, where i believe the animal to be a 'steer' as opposed to a 'Bull'. I'm no expert but i always found U.S. steaks to be a lot more tender than any other i ever tried in more than 50 other countries.

I find the best way to do Australian beef is roast it slowly wrapped in foil with sliced onion and garlic. Also good for beef casserole in the oven chopped into chunks with veg's and gravy. If i have any beef chunks left over i use them to make steak and kidney pies. Christ; now i feel hungry !!

Pon Yang Kum has very good beef. They cut to spec. in a glassed in cool room. I've never asked for them to grind but it would be well worth the trip to go check it out and see.

Can you give me directions?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

It's on Canal road going North right before the Dunkin Donuts at the big intersection to go to the Zoo

Never heard a fast food place called fancy. Is McDonalds also considered fancy?

Makro. Their premium fresh ground beef is very good, but stay away from their cheaper version if you want a quality taste. It has just the right amount of fat to add the flavor, but not gain five pounds. Lawry's seasoning salt really gives a boost to the flavor.

weren't cows mean't to eat grass

Err, yes. lol

Aussie beef is fine, in Australia that is.

Rimpings own named beef is very good here and around the same prices we pay back home.

Rib Eye and Sirloin both very good.

Off topic but my mum worked in a butcher shop back home for nearly 20 years and says the pork here tastes much better and the beef as good as home.

• Like 1