Korean bag Snatch in front of North Pattaya Body Massage Parlor.

Rimmer

Korean bag Snatch in front of North Pattaya Body Massage Parlor.
PATTAYA:--A 26 year old Korean National was robbed of his shoulder bag which contained cash and other valuables in the early hours of Sunday.

The incident occurred in front of the Sabai Dee Massage Parlor at the North-end of Pattaya Second Road. Police were informed and met with Mr. Han Hyun Gyu who provided details of 5 Ladyboys who were suspected of taking part in the robbery.

The 5 suspects were seen to jump into a White Toyota Vios after the robbery took place and then drove off down a side street towards Pattaya Beach.
Full story:http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/92388/korean-bag-snatch-front-north-pattaya-body-massage-parlor/
pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2013-06-24

Ladyboy Pickpocket Gang Arrested

4 ladyboy suspects were arrested after pickpocketing a Korean male at a parking lot. After pickpocketing the Korean, they escaped with a Toyota car.

PATTAYA – June 24, 2013 [PDN]; At 04.00 AM, police officers of Pattaya City police station were informed that foreign tourist was plundered or pick pocketed by a group of transexuals or also known as ‘Ladyboys’.

It was reported that they escaped on a Toyota Vios car, Pattaya City police officers informed all traffic police officers via radio to keep an eye out for the suspect’s car.

Soon after receiving the report about the Toyota Vios car, traffic police were able to chase down and stop a car that as described.

Within the car, police found 5 ladyboys, after they were stopped, the Korean man went to see the car. He then confirmed that the police captured the right car and suspects.

The 5 ladyboys have now been taken to Pattaya police station for further questioning and prosecution.

Full story: http://www.pattayadailynews.com/en/2013/06/24/ladyboy-pickpocket-aang-arrest/

-- Pattaya Daily News 2013-06-24

Hi All

I had my wallet bag snatched out of my hand 30th May by 2 guys on motor bike Soi Bakaue lost my passport and NZ$3200 and few other bits. Called 191 emergency and it just rang rang no answere tried 4 times.

Kiwi Kenny

Hi All

I had my wallet bag snatched out of my hand 30th May by 2 guys on motor bike Soi Bakaue lost my passport and NZ$3200 and few other bits. Called 191 emergency and it just rang rang no answere tried 4 times.

Kiwi Kenny

My friend, an expensive lesson. Those bum bag/wallet bags are like a neon sign saying "take me, take me" Carry your wallet or cash in your front left pocket and make sure you keep your hand close to it. If ladyboys or kids approach just stick your thumb in your pocket and feel the presence of your valuables, also protecting your watch from getting lifted. If they feel your other valuables, as in your tackle, let them.....protect your wallet at all costs.

Also, don't carry those ridiculous sums of money around. You can open a bank account in 20 minutes and use ATM's like a local. And don't carry your passport either, just carry a copy.

How do you open a bank account without a work permit?

Hi All

Kiwi Kenny

My friend, an expensive lesson. Those bum bag/wallet bags are like a neon sign saying "take me, take me" Carry your wallet or cash in your front left pocket and make sure you keep your hand close to it. If ladyboys or kids approach just stick your thumb in your pocket and feel the presence of your valuables, also protecting your watch from getting lifted. If they feel your other valuables, as in your tackle, let them.....protect your wallet at all costs.

Also, don't carry those ridiculous sums of money around. You can open a bank account in 20 minutes and use ATM's like a local. And don't carry your passport either, just carry a copy.

You've been a member 2 years and you ask this? You gotta be kidding right? You don't need a work permit! Kasikorn Bank for example you can open unlimited amounts of accounts with just your passport. I have 3 with them, 1 for savings, 1 for PayPal and another for everyday use.

• Like 2

Hi All

Kiwi Kenny

You walk into the bank and you say to the cute lady that will inevitably ask you how she can help you, "I'd like to open a passbook savings account please". And lo and behold, or "presto" if you prefer, she will open one for you.

Now the tongue is out of my cheek....take your passport, a document of any sort that shows your address (even a hotel business card will suffice), 500 baht minimum deposit, and it will be done. I can't remember the costs, maybe 150 baht for your ATM card.

Edited by Gsxrnz
  • Like 2

I opened an account at Bangkok Bank without a work permit. Just showed my passport and converted some USD into baht which was then deposited to the account. Really simple and painless. I then signed up for international transfers and now move money from my US account to my Thai account. I thought it was a free transfer but someone on TV explained to me there are some fees but not anything that is excessive and now I am freed up from having to carry travelers checks or large amounts of currency. I have a debit card on my Thai account but read some recommendations from others on this site about establishing a separate account to keep money in and only keep small amounts of money in debit card account. It has worked fine for the last couple months.

• Like 1

Hi All

Kiwi Kenny

You walk into the bank and you say to the cute lady that will inevitably ask you how she can help you, "I'd like to open a passbook savings account please". And lo and behold, or "presto" if you prefer, she will open one for you.

Now the tongue is out of my cheek....take your passport, a document of any sort that shows your address (even a hotel business card will suffice), 500 baht minimum deposit, and it will be done. I can't remember the costs, maybe 150 baht for your ATM card.

atm card at Kbank is 400

the one with basic accident insurance cover included is 700

atm card at Kbank is 400

the one with basic accident insurance cover included is 700

Cheers for that. I do remember losing my card last year and paying 400 for a replacement now that I think about it. And......at Kbank you also have the opportunity to have a picture of a very hansum man on your ATM card. tongue.png

Good job by the police.

Still puzzled by people that carry around more than a days worth of cash. I never have more than a couple thousand baht on me at any time. I went to China, England, Spain, France, Hong Kong, Costa Rica and never arrived with more than $100 in my pocket. Whenever I need more money I head to the ATM and take out another $100. Some day I might get mugged but they aren't going to get much.

• Like 1

Amazing because of 1) Someone showed any interest at the police station

2) They actually informed other officers by radio to look out for the car

3) They actually found the car (not a million miles away)

I had jewlery snatched once whilst riding my motorcycle by another guy on a motorcycle on Naklua Road. I went straight to the police station and gave them a full description of the thief and his motorbike number - only to be told (after waiting 30 minutes) "oh we don't need that" (Why? because you have no intention of following it up?). No relaying the information over the police radio - no follow up. Goodbye Gold.

I liked the end bit where they all denied having anything to do with it - despite having the Koreans bag in their posession.

100 baht fine and off you go then.... :P

The Korean guy was lucky.

• Like 1

Hi All

Kiwi Kenny

You've been a member 2 years and you ask this? You gotta be kidding right? You don't need a work permit! Kasikorn Bank for example you can open unlimited amounts of accounts with just your passport. I have 3 with them, 1 for savings, 1 for PayPal and another for everyday use.

Same goes for Bank of Ayuhdia, just need original passport.

Ladyboy Pickpocket Gang Arrested

4 ladyboy suspects were arrested after pickpocketing a Korean male at a parking lot. After pickpocketing the Korean, they escaped with a Toyota car.

PATTAYA – June 24, 2013 [PDN]; At 04.00 AM, police officers of Pattaya City police station were informed that foreign tourist was plundered or pick pocketed by a group of transexuals or also known as ‘Ladyboys’.

It was reported that they escaped on a Toyota Vios car, Pattaya City police officers informed all traffic police officers via radio to keep an eye out for the suspect’s car.

Soon after receiving the report about the Toyota Vios car, traffic police were able to chase down and stop a car that as described.

Within the car, police found 5 ladyboys, after they were stopped, the Korean man went to see the car. He then confirmed that the police captured the right car and suspects.

The 5 ladyboys have now been taken to Pattaya police station for further questioning and prosecution.

Full story: http://www.pattayadailynews.com/en/2013/06/24/ladyboy-pickpocket-aang-arrest/

-- Pattaya Daily News 2013-06-24

Thai men as a whole are generally unattractive. Putting them in a frock doesn't improve their appearance

• Like 1

I am simply stunned beyond all measure that ladyboys would be involved in this theft.... :-) Given the amazing amount of crime committed by these things , with the excuse always being they needed money, I cannot understand why ladyboys are pouring into Pattaya. Don't they understand this is no longer a growth industry??