Ecuador 'analysing' Snowden asylum request: FM

webfact

• Replies 880
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The most rabid anti-Americans are Americans. They are pro government, pro establishment, anti citizen Americans. Pro corporate bailouts, pro bankster thieves, pro lobbyists, pro war with whomever. Most don't pay any taxes. Most of them couldn't recite the Bill of Rights but they can tell you what channel Fox news or MSNBC is on for any cable system.

Take all those opposites you mangle and twist together in your post, put 'em in a big pot, add water and stir. It's a good thing you're the one person who can identify the recipe for all these contradictory and opposing groups and manage them. Give a heavy dose of Edward Snowden to the mix and presto - you have far right wing stew.

I'd posted after the first news report broke that I don't see the basis of a deal here. There are too many moving parts and not enough grease. Putin and Snowden create some serious friction between them.

One gets the feeling Snowden is in fact trapped in Russia. Putin doesn't want him but finds it useful to continue to have him around. Putin says he kicks nobody out of Russia. Simultaneously, Snowden is directly contradicting the supposed quid pro quo, i.e., stay in Russia but don't release any NSA info or documents. Snowden said just hours ago he'd release more NSA info and all.

This is not going well for either Putin or Snowden. Snowden seems only to listen to Assange, who lives in a broom closet in London.

I think if Snowden continues to contradict Putin, Putin may throw a tantrum to go ahead and kick Snowden out - to Syria.

What's interesting about your posts is, that you keep reminding people what you said, so they won't check to see what you said. I could have sworn you were saying Putin would have the secret police all over him draining all his notebooks. That's not what you're saying now. Now he's a nusiance. Maybe you're finally right. Who knows?

He does and the fact that you believe reports like this in the media is comical when you say you don't watch or believe what is reported in US media. You guys have no concept of Russia or Putin. You do know Putin's background? Putin has people all up in his business.

The first rule about spying is you don't talk about spying. Second rule about spying is you don't talk about spying. Putin will say nothing! Snowden will never admit his stuff ended up in Russia's hands. Common sense stuff here.

You guys may be getting nothing but a lot of spin from Assamge and Wikileads as no one has apparently really had any contact with Snowden since he left Hong Kong. Greenwald just said not he and no one to his knowledge have had contact with Snowden since he left Hong Kong. Has father even had any contact?

Edited by F430murci
  • Like 1

huge, nationwide protests against Prisma and Tempora are on the agenda starting July 27th in Germany.

That's nice. Weekly protests against Germany are taking place in Greece. It seems that the Greek population has some issues against Germany. The Greek protests have as much relevance as does your comment about a possible protest on July 27 in Germany.

Just remember that it won't be an interesting protest unless Techno Viking participates.

I can see it now. Snowden in the back of a Mercedes Benz 500SL.

Big grin on his face.

Maybach

Actually, more like a Soviet-made Zil, one of these from the Cold War era, cause that's what this all feels like...

zil.jpg?w=580

• Like 1

Big grin on his face.

Maybach

Actually, more like a Soviet-made Zil, one of these from the Cold War era, cause that's what this all feels like...

zil.jpg?w=580

. Only if that has doors locking from outside in back seat. Don't think Russia would trust someone like Snowden to have much freedom of movement in Russia. Spy in them easier than his own country.
  • Like 1

Big grin on his face.

Maybach

. Only if that has doors locking from outside in back seat. Don't think Russia would trust someone like Snowden to have much freedom of movement in Russia. Spy in them easier than his own country.

Actually, I have years of experience experiencing first hand these Soviet, KGB, and FSB techniques, I was there for years both before, during and after the fall of the empire. Yeah, this boy has no idea of the games Putin can play.

• Like 1

This is the first guy I've heard of that sent out a mass mailing looking for asylum!

At first I'd thought he was applying to colleges laugh.png .

What's next? A craigslist posting?

Whatever it takes. Wouldn't everyone do whatever it takes?

huge, nationwide protests against Prisma and Tempora are on the agenda starting July 27th in Germany.

US to EU: Quit whining about our spying on you

http://qz.com/99536/us-to-eu-quit-whining-about-our-spying-on-you/

The former head of the CIA and NSA, Gen. Michael V. Hayden warned European allies that picking a fight over this is likely to expose what they’ve been doing too. “Number one, the United States does conduct espionage,” Hayden said, appearing on the CBS show “Face The Nation” yesterday. “Number two, our fourth amendment, which protects Americans’ privacy, is not an international treaty. And, number three, any European who wants to go out and rend their garments with regard to international espionage should look first and find out what their own governments are doing.”

Venezuela president Maduro is in Moscow on an official state visit, to include addressing the Duma today, the Russian parliament.

Venezuela is of course one of the countries where Snowden in his mass mailing requested asylum.

Asked of he would be taking Snowden back to Venezuela on his plane with him, Maduro is reported to have laughed and said all he'll be taking back with him will be oil and gas agreements between the two countries.

We'll see when Maduro does leave, or perhaps when he arrives back in Venezuela. However, Snowden hasn't any passport and no category of travel papers. It still looks like he's trapped in Russia, at the transit terminal, his only possession being his beggar's tin cup. Actually, I'd suppose Wikileaks is taking care of his room and board, as it were. Snowden looks to be Assange's newest gold mine of information and documents.

It's more than clear Snowden doesn't want to remain in Russia, probably also has been told not to make any long term plans involving Russia. The man without a country.

Edited by Publicus

Why do you keep referring to Snowden as if he is a hobo sitting in the terminal begging. You 'attempt' to make intelligent posts, which are not, but then make stupid comments.

• Like 1

The former head of the CIA and NSA, Gen. Michael V. Hayden warned European allies that picking a fight over this is likely to expose what they’ve been doing too. “Number one, the United States does conduct espionage,” Hayden said, appearing on the CBS show “Face The Nation” yesterday. “Number two, our fourth amendment, which protects Americans’ privacy, is not an international treaty. And, number three, any European who wants to go out and rend their garments with regard to international espionage should look first and find out what their own governments are doing.”

So it is a terrible thing for Snowden to tell the world what the US govt is doing but it is ok for the US to now say the rest of the world is doing the same.

Why don't some in the EU ask for him to be extradited for saying this.

So it is a terrible thing for Snowden to tell the world what the US govt is doing but it is ok for the US to now say the rest of the world is doing the same.

Why don't some in the EU ask for him to be extradited for saying this.

If you might be asking me a real question, I certainly couldn't say. I'm not in Europe and certainly haven't any involvement in the EU or in any particular government on the continent.

If your question is rhetorical, I'd say anyway I wouldn't know if any extradition treaty between any two governments includes a provision in which the host country can or might ask or demand that the other country request its national be extradited. As I understand extradition, the affected government would initiate extradition procedures. I dunno, but I can't recall a "host" country demanding or requesting the other country to seek extradition of its fugitive citizen/national.

If this is a burning question to you, you might pay an extradition lawyer for his advice and counsel.

I wouldn't.

Why do you keep referring to Snowden as if he is a hobo sitting in the terminal begging.

He is not far from it. Country after country are turning down his asylum requests.

Mostly ignoring his applications, which might be worse than denying, refusing, them. Who likes to be ignored?

• Like 1

Why do you keep referring to Snowden as if he is a hobo sitting in the terminal begging.

He is not far from it. Country after country are turning down his asylum requests.

Mostly ignoring his applications, which might be worse than denying, refusing, them. Who likes to be ignored?

It's a pretty bleak picture for the guy so far. I think you probably could interpret the ignored or silent non-responses as probably no. The mostly likely bet remains Venezuela it appears. Nobody else wants to piss off the U.S.. (at least spend valuable political capital on this loser, anyway)

Edited by keemapoot
  • Like 1

Utterly disgraceful!bah.gif

Bolivia leader's jet diverted 'amid Snowden suspicions'

The Bolivian defence minister, also on the flight, pilloried the US after the unscheduled landing.

"This is a hostile act by the United States state department which has used various European governments," Ruben Saavedra said.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-23156360

Edited by midas

A Plane Carrying The Bolivian President Was Rerouted Over Suspicions That Edward Snowden Was On Board

The Associated Press in La Paz Bolivia reports that Bolivia's foreign minister says the plane bringing President Evo Morales home from Russia was rerouted to Austria after France and Portugal refused to let it to cross their airspace because of suspicions that NSA leaker Edward Snowden was on board.

David Choquehuanca has denied that Snowden was on the plane, saying "we don't know who invented this lie, but we want to denounce to the international community this injustice with the plane of President Evo Morales."

The AP reports Morales traveled to Russia over the weekend and from Moscow said he would consider an asylum request from Snowden..

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/edward-snowden-bolivia-plane-rerouted-evo-morales-2013-7#ixzz2XwOFglUg

Snowden sought Austrian asylum - Austria

Reuters says Austria is one of the 15 or so countries where Edward Snowden applied for political asylum through the country's Moscow embassy on Monday but would need to submit such a request directly in Austria, Interior Minister Johanna Mikl-Leitner said on Tuesday.

The Austria Press Agency quoted her as saying Snowden would not be deported if he arrived in Austria because "there is no international arrest warrant". If that's factual, it sounds like another cockup by the US Department of Justice.

Pres Morales plane was reported to have spent two hours requesting urgent approval to land in various European cities in different countries, finally getting clearance to land in Austria. The landing in Austria is classified as a landing "for an indefinite period," Reuters said.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/07/02/us-usa-security-snowden-bolivia-idUSBRE9611AT20130702

Edited by Publicus
  • Like 1