Today's Resident Certificate Experience

BuddhaMind

when I wanted a yellow book in 2010 I had to bring these:

Head of my village.

my father in law (as before owned the land and the old house.)

my passport.

marriage certificate.

my wife and her ID Card and blue book.

and after about a week I had my yellow book.

Why not get a yellow book? Makes life a lot easier.

Congratulations on finding the opportunity to let us know you have a yellow book.

Now if everyone will please follow the advice, get hitched, buy gf/wife a house etc, you'll all be OK.

Well, you have to differentiate between a "yellow" house registration and a Certificate of Residence. The latter does not require a Thai wife, house/flat anything. You can apply earliest after 3 years of continued (three times one-year visa) stay in Thailand (i.e. when you left in between you did that with a re-entry permit). The application window opens usually second half of December. You need to have either a work permit and a pay check of THB 100'000/monthly+ OR support Thai dependents (i.e. wife and/or children) OR have parked a huge investment for a certain period of time with a state bank; for the latter I do not know the amount and time frame.

Once the papers are compiled and filed you will be called in for a) fingerprinting and cool.png an interview in Thai language. Having passed that barrier then you wait until ...... decision day upon which you see the immigration and pay THB 194'000 (for single or married to a non-Thai) or half (if married to a Thai); fees are per person.

The difference to Thai citizenship is that you cannot vote nor buy land; everything else is like Thai (you purchase condos in the Thai contingent in your name), no 90 days and if you do not leave the country you have to do absolutely NOTHING anymore. Leaving the country needs an endorsement and a re-entry permit; both at THB 5'700 without any other papers (expect photograph) and it will allow unlimited travels into/from Thailand for 365 days. You get listed in the BLUE house registration which copy suffices for driving licenses, vehicle purchases etc.

It might look a little steep but I would do it anytime again. In 1988 I paid THB 25'000, now it is eight times more but still worth it unless you want to carry on with the 4 x yearly 90 days circus, the one-year visa, the re-entries, the copies, photos, signatures etc. etc. You do yourself a HUGE favour.

And should you head for Thai nationality (which I am not for other reasons) then it takes 5 years of said Certificate of Residence and off you go to learn singing the National anthem. wink.png And I prefer to coffee1.gif over getting excited on such things!

There is one more HUGE difference between CR and Thai citizenship: The CR doesn't allow you to work in Thailand. You still need a Work Permitsad.png

What you are describing here is a permenent visa and not a Certificate of Residence.

DonaldBattles post #14

"To my knowledge there is no requirement to be married to a Thai in order to get

the yellow book. Recently in Chiang Rai I saw a farang man and his farang wife

get issued their yellow books."

================================================================

Yellow book is for foreigners owing a condo. Blue book for Thais and PR owning condo. You need to own a condo, not wife to get the yellow book.

I just spoke with 2 different immigration and 1 amps,

all 3 says you can not get a yellow book without you live

with a Thai wife or husband and you can only obtain a

yellow book on amps office.

Congratulations on finding the opportunity to let us know you have a yellow book.

Now if everyone will please follow the advice, get hitched, buy gf/wife a house etc, you'll all be OK.

Well, you have to differentiate between a "yellow" house registration and a Certificate of Residence. The latter does not require a Thai wife, house/flat anything. You can apply earliest after 3 years of continued (three times one-year visa) stay in Thailand (i.e. when you left in between you did that with a re-entry permit). The application window opens usually second half of December. You need to have either a work permit and a pay check of THB 100'000/monthly+ OR support Thai dependents (i.e. wife and/or children) OR have parked a huge investment for a certain period of time with a state bank; for the latter I do not know the amount and time frame.

Once the papers are compiled and filed you will be called in for a) fingerprinting and cool.png an interview in Thai language. Having passed that barrier then you wait until ...... decision day upon which you see the immigration and pay THB 194'000 (for single or married to a non-Thai) or half (if married to a Thai); fees are per person.

The difference to Thai citizenship is that you cannot vote nor buy land; everything else is like Thai (you purchase condos in the Thai contingent in your name), no 90 days and if you do not leave the country you have to do absolutely NOTHING anymore. Leaving the country needs an endorsement and a re-entry permit; both at THB 5'700 without any other papers (expect photograph) and it will allow unlimited travels into/from Thailand for 365 days. You get listed in the BLUE house registration which copy suffices for driving licenses, vehicle purchases etc.

It might look a little steep but I would do it anytime again. In 1988 I paid THB 25'000, now it is eight times more but still worth it unless you want to carry on with the 4 x yearly 90 days circus, the one-year visa, the re-entries, the copies, photos, signatures etc. etc. You do yourself a HUGE favour.

And should you head for Thai nationality (which I am not for other reasons) then it takes 5 years of said Certificate of Residence and off you go to learn singing the National anthem. wink.png And I prefer to coffee1.gif over getting excited on such things!

There is one more HUGE difference between CR and Thai citizenship: The CR doesn't allow you to work in Thailand. You still need a Work Permitsad.png

What you are describing here is a permenent visa and not a Certificate of Residence.

What? I don't understand your comment and have never hear of "permanent visa", but my comment regarding that the CR is not valid for working is definitely correct.

What is Permanent Residence?

Obtaining a Permanent Residence Permit also known as Residence Visa/Permanent Visa in Thailand involves a complicated procedure but, certainly, the advantages of successfully getting one suffice the effort, time and money spent in the arduous process.

Essentially, the Permanent Residence Permit will allow you to stay in Thailand permanently without the need for a Visa. Moreover, it is another step on the road to Citizenship, and a Thai Passport. Apart from these major benefits, the following are the accompanying privileges of having a Permanent Residence Permit in Thailand.

Permanent Residence Permit in Thailand is an opportunity that the Thai government offers to only 100 people of each nationality every year. The application usually takes place in December. The committee initially evaluates applications for about 5 months, and then calls successful applicants for interview. If you make it you will be awarded the PRP some time later. Generally, the whole process can take up to a year.

For your initial information and guidance, we will provide you an outline of the qualifications, requirements and the procedure in applying for a Permanent Residence Permit in Thailand side by side our legal services to ensure your successful application.

Advantages

ticks.jpgBuy a condo without having to transfer money from abroad
ticks.jpgYou can become a director of a public company
ticks.jpgYou can apply for an extension of stay for non-Thai family members
ticks.jpgStay in Thailand permanently without a Visa!
ticks.jpgCircumvent visa runs, red tape and extended stays!
ticks.jpgObtain a work permit quickly and easily!
ticks.jpgObtain a permanent residence book an alien registration book
ticks.jpgImprove your chances of acquiring mortgage financing!
ticks.jpgGet one-step closer to citizenship!

Do you Qualify?

Thailand Permanent Residency applicants must:

ticks.jpgHold three consecutive one-year-Visa extensions; or

ticks.jpg Have a valid work permit for three years at the date of application; or

ticks.jpgEarn 30,000 Baht monthly income (for those married with Thai for five years); or

ticks.jpg80,000 Baht monthly income (for those who are single); and

ticks.jpgPresent 3 years of tax statements proving the above income

Permanent Residency : Process

A foreign national qualifies to apply for a residence permit if he or she has been permitted to stay in the Kingdom for a total of at least 3 years up until the date of application.

The opening date for applications in each year varies, depending on an announcement by the Minister of Interior. Once the announcement has been issued, applications may be submitted up to and including the last working day of the year.

For details concerning the opening date for applications contact either Section 1, Immigration Division 1, Sub-Division 1, Immigration Bureau (room 301), Soi Suan Plu, Bangkok, Tel. 662 287-3117 or the Immigration Office of each region, depending on the location of you domicile in Thailand.

An application should contain a detailed explanation of the true and exact reasons of why the applicant is requesting a residence permit. This is for the applicant's own benefit; as such information will assist the relevant officials to make a more rapid decision. In addition, a number of documents need to be included with each application, in accordance with the category under which the application is submitted:

a) Business or employment purposes;
B) Investment purposes;
c) Experts or academics;
d) To support a family (wife and children) who are Thai citizens;
e) As a dependent of a husband or father who is a Thai citizen;
f) Accompanying a husband who already has a residence permit;
g) Retirement.

Once the opening date for applications has been announced, applications can be submitted, together with the necessary documents, at Section 1, Sub-Division 1, Immigration Division 1, Immigration Bureau (Room 301), Soi Suan Plu, off South Sathorn road, Sathorn District, Bangkok, or at the Immigration Office for the region of Thailand in which the applicant is residing.

5 The application fee is Baht 7,600 per person. 6

The applicant must apply in person as the Immigration Bureau will require a set of fingerprints for the purpose of checking for criminal record.

Update on the R.C. Picked mine up today at Chiang Mai immigration and there was no charge .Served by two new young fresh faced girls with lovely smiles .( i juess they are not there long enough to get that jaded tired expression )

What is Permanent Residence?

Obtaining a Permanent Residence Permit also known as Residence Visa/Permanent Visa in Thailand involves a complicated procedure but, certainly, the advantages of successfully getting one suffice the effort, time and money spent in the arduous process.

Essentially, the Permanent Residence Permit will allow you to stay in Thailand permanently without the need for a Visa. Moreover, it is another step on the road to Citizenship, and a Thai Passport. Apart from these major benefits, the following are the accompanying privileges of having a Permanent Residence Permit in Thailand.

Permanent Residence Permit in Thailand is an opportunity that the Thai government offers to only 100 people of each nationality every year. The application usually takes place in December. The committee initially evaluates applications for about 5 months, and then calls successful applicants for interview. If you make it you will be awarded the PRP some time later. Generally, the whole process can take up to a year.

For your initial information and guidance, we will provide you an outline of the qualifications, requirements and the procedure in applying for a Permanent Residence Permit in Thailand side by side our legal services to ensure your successful application.

Advantages

ticks.jpgBuy a condo without having to transfer money from abroad

ticks.jpgYou can become a director of a public company

ticks.jpgYou can apply for an extension of stay for non-Thai family members

ticks.jpgStay in Thailand permanently without a Visa!

ticks.jpgCircumvent visa runs, red tape and extended stays!

ticks.jpgObtain a work permit quickly and easily!

ticks.jpgObtain a permanent residence book an alien registration book

ticks.jpgImprove your chances of acquiring mortgage financing!

ticks.jpgGet one-step closer to citizenship!

Do you Qualify?

Thailand Permanent Residency applicants must:

ticks.jpgHold three consecutive one-year-Visa extensions; or

ticks.jpg Have a valid work permit for three years at the date of application; or

ticks.jpgEarn 30,000 Baht monthly income (for those married with Thai for five years); or

ticks.jpg80,000 Baht monthly income (for those who are single); and

ticks.jpgPresent 3 years of tax statements proving the above income

Permanent Residency : Process

A foreign national qualifies to apply for a residence permit if he or she has been permitted to stay in the Kingdom for a total of at least 3 years up until the date of application.

The opening date for applications in each year varies, depending on an announcement by the Minister of Interior. Once the announcement has been issued, applications may be submitted up to and including the last working day of the year.

For details concerning the opening date for applications contact either Section 1, Immigration Division 1, Sub-Division 1, Immigration Bureau (room 301), Soi Suan Plu, Bangkok, Tel. 662 287-3117 or the Immigration Office of each region, depending on the location of you domicile in Thailand.

An application should contain a detailed explanation of the true and exact reasons of why the applicant is requesting a residence permit. This is for the applicant's own benefit; as such information will assist the relevant officials to make a more rapid decision. In addition, a number of documents need to be included with each application, in accordance with the category under which the application is submitted:

a) Business or employment purposes;

cool.png Investment purposes;

c) Experts or academics;

d) To support a family (wife and children) who are Thai citizens;

e) As a dependent of a husband or father who is a Thai citizen;

f) Accompanying a husband who already has a residence permit;

g) Retirement.

Once the opening date for applications has been announced, applications can be submitted, together with the necessary documents, at Section 1, Sub-Division 1, Immigration Division 1, Immigration Bureau (Room 301), Soi Suan Plu, off South Sathorn road, Sathorn District, Bangkok, or at the Immigration Office for the region of Thailand in which the applicant is residing.

5 The application fee is Baht 7,600 per person. 6

The applicant must apply in person as the Immigration Bureau will require a set of fingerprints for the purpose of checking for criminal record.

"Obtain a work permit quickly and easily!"

Not correct. Only difference is that the requirement for the company to employ three Thai's for every farang is not applicable if the farang has a Certificate of Residence. Apart from this there is nothing which is "quicker or easier" with a CR in hand.

BuddhaMind and Anto...what offices are you having this problem in? Either of you going to Jomtien?

The way I read it ,BuddhaMind got his RC ?

BuddhaMind and Anto...what offices are you having this problem in? Either of you going to Jomtien?

The way I read it ,BuddhaMind got his RC ?

I was asking what immigration office he was having a problem with getting his RC; having to wait so long for it. Two people reported that problem in this thread, but the thread got way off track.

However, I just noticed this is the Chiang Mai forum. I didn't know this because I followed the link from the NEWS emails TV sends out. The links don't say what section it's in.