Bad cell reception in condo

mr3cho

Hi,

I just moved into my high rise condo and the poor mobile reception with True is insanity on a stick.

What are my options to get better reception here in my condo in Bangkok?

cell repeaters

femtocell

Anyone with experience?

Thanks

http://www.amazon.com/gp/mpd/permalink/m1396DQRQ0T22Z/ref=ent_fb_link?pf_rd_p=1284086782&pf_rd_s=center-3&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=2420290011&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1DMES27Y8KY381W76GS1

I have read before that if you are on a high number floor there can be problems because the cellular towers are installed to cover lower areas like street level users. You might inquire about this. Good luck. huh.png

True is useless

My GF lives in dorm on Suk Soi 1

Always bad connections, line static, dropped calls and no wfi or 3G on her phone

Called TRUE many times ... waste of time ... they always blame "many users in your area right now"

If TRUE cannot provide quality service in the middle of the nations capital ... time to find a new carrier

Suggest you do the same

True is useless

Is this TrueMove? Or TrueMove H?

What make/model phone does your GF have?

I use both DTAC and TrueMove H,and both are very good. I get faster 3G with DTAC, but TrueMove H does have broader coverage via their reseller agreement with CAT.

In buildings without specific complementary service, anything above ~ 20-ish floors may have issues with GSM/3G reception. Obviously this will be highly variable based on the specifics of your location.