Education Min Phongthep admits Thai education system unsatisfactory

webfact

Can anybody explain the obsession that schools have with expecting students to go to school, at the weekend, with a moments notice?

I've reined in cru yii - if the school don't give at least a week's written notice, it's no go.

Students need to wind down. Families are entitled to have quality time with their children.

Students are not robots, despite their name, number on their uniforms (2nd world, totalitarianism).

Saturday, was a school day. At 4.30 the M4 students were told you're coming into school tomorrow to visit the local temple. One student says "my parents have agreed with cru yii that if you don't give written notice at least a week in advance, I can't come". One teacher shown up in front of all the M4 students, one student spending quality time with her friends and family. Rotate on that.

Perhaps I could expand my question to ask why, when Thai culture is supposedly driven by the family, my step-daughter had 1 day at home out of a straight 19?

Perhaps it's sod the family. So disconcerting when all they're going to do is under-achieve, and their personal development is lost as well.

Schools churn out students for the Universities - cru yii stated that was the goal of the school. Nothing about the students actually achieving anything, just the ability to join the long line.

Seen the Pink Floyd 'another brick in the wall' video? - could rename it Thai education.

When all else fails in Thailand, normally the answer is "profit".
Anybody know why the government insists on advertising the personal details of students?

My step-daughter has star(s) on her lapel to denote her Mathyom grade, her full name and school initials on her blouse.

A complete stranger can work out her age, where to find her and can address her by name. The stars only appear in M4 when they achieve the age of consent. Highly dangerous isn't a strong enough term.

Do they have a sex trafficking problem here?

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic