Dirty business: Used panty shops mushroom on Facebook, draw online backlash

Lite Beer

Reports are in this evening that Chalerm is proposing a way to prop up the losses from the failing rice scheme. He is proposing that a new 'Knicker Pledging Scheme' be brought into effect immediatly. The Government would buy soiled ladies knickers for 1200 baht a pair. Farmers daughters who wear the knickers all day whilst toiling in the fields would be paid 1400 baht as their underwear would qualify as Grade A1. A1+ can be achieved for two to three days continuous wearing of the apparel. Asked what types of knickers would be appropriate he said almost anything really, from G-string to French to pantyloons, but gusset-less knickers would open up a hole in the market that may not be filled'. Knickers could be stockpiled until a world shortage would enable the commodity to be sold off at a premium price, perhaps including free of charge with each pair a small pack of Scotties for Men extra strength tissues.

bend over the wrong way while planting rice and a synthetic g string could just cut you in two

I know. Happened to me once.
  • Like 1

In Japan, they sell used underwear in vending machines everywhere. Right next to the beer vending machines.

That's a myth. In all my time there, I never saw a single "used panty" vending machine and I saw more than my fair share of Beer vending machines.

Supposedly there's some in Shibuya but I never saw them there either in my walkabouts.

In Japan, they sell used underwear in vending machines everywhere. Right next to the beer vending machines.

That's a myth. In all my time there, I never saw a single "used panty" vending machine and I saw more than my fair share of Beer vending machines.

Supposedly there's some in Shibuya but I never saw them there either in my walkabouts.

You were either looking in the wrong place or were to late to witness this terrific phenomenon.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burusera

You were either looking in the wrong place or were to late to witness this terrific phenomenon.

"Prefectures in Japan began enforcing regulations in 2004 that restricted purchases and sales of used underwear, saliva, urine, and feces of people under 18."

Ewwwwwww!

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican

This being Thailand how can we be sure there are no fakes being produced with something like chille paste? Is there anyway to get OTOP involved to guarantee quality?

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Thailand leads the way in recycling scratch-n-sniff used-panties ! tongue.png

I confidently predict brief-success, before Inspector Nicker of the Yard swoops, to demand his cut, especially if any French-style panties are found, the damned farangs must pay ! rolleyes.gif

I lived in Japan before coming to Thailand (1998) and I still go there a few times a year.

The myth that these things are as prevelant as Beer vending machines and that you can get used panties through a vending machine on any street corner is nonsense.

A Japanese guy once took me into a shop selling this stuff - but vending machines on the street? And as many selling panties as selling beer? It's funny but it's not true.

Edited by pedro01
  • Like 1

They're catering to the very large influx on Japanese here I think . . . this is very popular over there, with vending machines everywhere in Japan selling them right next to your coffee vending machines.

Bought a pair of these in Tokyo for a friend a few years back. (Not cheap) Was supposed to be joke. His mother found them by accident when looking for something in his closet. She was actually quite pleased about it since it appeared there were no marriage prospects on the horizon. (Note statement, 'looking for something in his closet').

Here's what I don't understand.

I'm a 34" waist and that's about average, most Thai girls are way smaller than that.

So these panties wouldn't fit most men anyway. What would be the point in ordering them?

You must have a very limited imagination.

The guys will find a use for them, here's a clue, it involves their nose

2nd clue, it also involves a hand

Edited by darrendsd

Smelling used panties, no matter how hot the girls who wore them are, can easily cause fecal strep in the sniffer. Microscopic fecal matter is inhaled in the nose and throat. A dirty, completely unsanitary business. Funny but hilarious as hell. I say let em sniff 'til their heart's content! Followed by antibiotics! Those who do it may as well go lick a toilet seat in the women's washroom in the mall. Gross!

This being Thailand how can we be sure there are no fakes being produced with something like chille paste? Is there anyway to get OTOP involved to guarantee quality?

I was thinking nahm pla or pla la would be perfect for counterfeits.

I was thinking nahm pla or pla la would be perfect for counterfeits.

Pla-ra is absolutely rancid! Foul at best.