Dirty business: Used panty shops mushroom on Facebook, draw online backlash

Lite Beer

Dirty business: Used panty shops mushroom on Facebook, draw online backlash
By Praj Kiatpongsan

BANGKOK: -- Sometimes, products being offered in the Thai online marketplace can trend toward the bizarre. While buying used, women’s underwear is a longstanding (if odd) sexual fetish, the rapid proliferation of online shops in Thailand offering this product marks a new twist for the world’s sexual economy.

Isra News Agency released a report this morning about the phenomenon of women selling their panties via Facebook, which has quickly become the most talked-about topic of the day.

These Facebook shops insist that the shop owners wore every piece of underwear themselves and deliberately left them unwashed so that their odor continues to linger. The price for a pair of used panties ranges from THB200 to THB400, excluding post fees.

Read More: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2013/06/24/dirty-business-used-panty-shops-mushroom-facebook-draw-online-backlash

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2013-06-24

This could be a new source of Classifieds/Advertising income for ThaiVisa....should be plenty of ThaiVisa members with highly valued personal collections (in their own minds) who may want to sell off some of the collection in order to buy some new selections they have been eying. wink.png

Nothing illegal about selling used knickers, but no doubt the government will find a way to ban it due to a threat to 'national security'.

I've read this is popular in Japan.

Some foreign chaps in Samui that I know had an idea like this mid-last decade. They were going to advertise in magazines like Loaded and bought the URL "thaigirlsknickers.com". They were going to sell used knickers in boxed packaging with a "certificate of authenticity" where the girl explained the events of the last time that the knickers were worn, and mail them around the world for US$25. It sounded like a sure-fire money-maker!

Pensit & Laws told them it was not illegal, but not to do it. If they were going to do it, Khun Perasit (the senior French-speaking lawyer and MD of the firm) told them to do it with absolutely no foreign connection or risk deportation on "cultural" grounds. They didn't go through with it.

^12 changover "the 'H' word":

To be fair, lots of other words which may come to mind in relation to the topic might be considered to be against one of the forum rules :-)

The problem I see with this is the corruption of a long standing tradition. You don't buy or sell them nor do you steal them. If she doesn't give them to you then they don't belong in your collection in the first place. If this is allowed soon they will be buying and selling used bra's and other things.

If you want a good pair of panties then you should be man enough to go out and get them the right way - we have standards that must be upheld, or we may as well be animals.facepalm.gif

• Like 2

They don't seem to have a problem with there sons and daughters selling there bodies yet knickers are a no no go figure...

the sons and daughter of those complaining aren't selling their bodies.

this is about national image rather than day to day practicality

• Like 1

Reports are in this evening that Chalerm is proposing a way to prop up the losses from the failing rice scheme. He is proposing that a new 'Knicker Pledging Scheme' be brought into effect immediatly. The Government would buy soiled ladies knickers for 1200 baht a pair. Farmers daughters who wear the knickers all day whilst toiling in the fields would be paid 1400 baht as their underwear would qualify as Grade A1. A1+ can be achieved for two to three days continuous wearing of the apparel. Asked what types of knickers would be appropriate he said almost anything really, from G-string to French to pantyloons, but gusset-less knickers would open up a hole in the market that may not be filled'. Knickers could be stockpiled until a world shortage would enable the commodity to be sold off at a premium price, perhaps including free of charge with each pair a small pack of Scotties for Men extra strength tissues.

bend over the wrong way while planting rice and a synthetic g string could just cut you in two

A friend of mine had this idea 15 years ago and made some decent money from it.

He stopped selling them online several years ago after investing in other more salubrious businesses.

It is still a hot topic of conversation when it is mentioned in a bar.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Nothing illegal about selling used knickers, but no doubt the government will find a way to ban it due to a threat to 'national security'.

I've read this is popular in Japan.

It's hard to believe there's a market for this in culturally superior, morally upright Thailand. No doubt the Ministry of Propaganda will be able to prove that morally bankrupt foreigners are the only ones involved

• Like 1

sounds fishy to mebiggrin.png

Even more fishy is guys wearing girl underwear and selling it as worn by girls, popular extra income amongt students in my country. The buyer thinks he is smelling girls underwear but actually worn by a guy, most won't notice in their exitement cheesy.gif