Are bubbles beginning to burst?

All the guys predicting the end of the world and apocalyptic headlines are trying to flog you gold. Trailing dogsh*t all over their shoes.

wheres the dont like button?
On the sole of your shoes probably.

where's the ignore button

as ur way off topic

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'Are bubbles beginning to burst?'

Yes, gold.

can we go with "hath bursted" given the fact its dropped around 30% in 8 months?

Do you mean "hath bursteth"? Be meticulous in your expressions because super member BlackJack has long toes, has bubble sensitivity and has a "don't like" button to squelch non-believers.

it is expected that 80% of the aforementioned oil reserves can only be recovered by fracking. As this is a relatively new technique, over the years it will show how much damage it will do and if it can continue. Fracking obviously is highly risky on the environment and the country's aquifers . . . . .nobody knows, but they are already generating estimates on all these unknown factors . . .

If I was to know the outcome, I would be millionaire next to my stock investments.

All i can see , it's sign showing to get out of China's inventory . . they are loosing credibility.

So what is going to happen to my business in Bangkok making made in China labels and tags biggrin.png

it is expected that 80% of the aforementioned oil reserves can only be recovered by fracking. As this is a relatively new technique, over the years it will show how much damage it will do and if it can continue. Fracking obviously is highly risky on the environment and the country's aquifers . . . . .nobody knows, but they are already generating estimates on all these unknown factors . . .

Fracking is used mostly to obtain Gas not Oil not entirely but mostly it's mainly used for shale gas, tight gas, tight oil, and coal seam gas , your opinion about it's dangers are probably correct

I agree fully with you on all but one point. Please don't sell the US short. When you look at someone's balance sheet, you can't just look at liabilities. You also have to look at assets. The US has two things in its favor. One is its vast size and natural resources, and the other is its technology.

China is picking up the scraps of what the West invented. Yes it makes the IPad and Nike shoes, but Apple and Nike make the real money. China isn't an inventor. It is a copier. Western countries are making big money from what China manufactures. China's debt, and its shadow banking debt are staggering.

The US is increasing its oil production by 20% this year. By 2017 it will be oil independent. In less than ten years it will surpass Saudi Arabia as the world's largest oil producer. This is without touching any of the oil that's off shore, or in Alaska. And, the US has 88,000 miles of shoreline, much of it containing oil. The US has more oil than all of the rest of the world combined.

As for a safe haven in the perfect storm, I'd rather be in rural US where there is vast farmland and where people are already fairly self sufficient than to be in a SE Asian country which might become very unstable including perhaps another coup in Thailand or elsewhere.

Thailand is another country which picks up the scraps of what others invented. It manufactures, but mostly for other countries. There isn't much profit in it for Thailand. It's the inventors and the innovators who are making the money.

"The US has more oil than all of the rest of the world combined."

That's a new one to me. I'd be interested to see the source of this fact. Is it based on proven reserves?

The CIA doesn't think so - not even in the top 10 - and dwarfed by their northern neighbours.

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/rankorder/2244rank.html

That's not much of a link. Try this.

No because it's not really a bubble.

What you are seeing is a long awaited correction that statistically should move down 6 percent more however since everyone knows that it may very well be over by Wednesday

I bought Japan Market calls out to 2015 today and am waiting for my next order to fill but no one wants to let me buy it at my price because i'm a cheap Charlie in the market right now !

Which instrument did you buy Japan market 2015 calls on? EWJ/DXJ or Tokyo/Osaka instrument? - can't see any that far out in Tokyo/Osaka in Interactive Brokers

Edited by mokwit

I agree fully with you on all but one point. Please don't sell the US short. When you look at someone's balance sheet, you can't just look at liabilities. You also have to look at assets. The US has two things in its favor. One is its vast size and natural resources, and the other is its technology.

China is picking up the scraps of what the West invented. Yes it makes the IPad and Nike shoes, but Apple and Nike make the real money. China isn't an inventor. It is a copier. Western countries are making big money from what China manufactures. China's debt, and its shadow banking debt are staggering.

The US is increasing its oil production by 20% this year. By 2017 it will be oil independent. In less than ten years it will surpass Saudi Arabia as the world's largest oil producer. This is without touching any of the oil that's off shore, or in Alaska. And, the US has 88,000 miles of shoreline, much of it containing oil. The US has more oil than all of the rest of the world combined.

As for a safe haven in the perfect storm, I'd rather be in rural US where there is vast farmland and where people are already fairly self sufficient than to be in a SE Asian country which might become very unstable including perhaps another coup in Thailand or elsewhere.

Thailand is another country which picks up the scraps of what others invented. It manufactures, but mostly for other countries. There isn't much profit in it for Thailand. It's the inventors and the innovators who are making the money.

"The US has more oil than all of the rest of the world combined."

That's a new one to me. I'd be interested to see the source of this fact. Is it based on proven reserves?

The CIA doesn't think so - not even in the top 10 - and dwarfed by their northern neighbours.

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/rankorder/2244rank.html

That's not much of a link. Try this.

CIA factbook tends to lag a few years

Not only does the US have a lot of oil sources but its a good quality oil lower in sulphur than the MiddleEast or Venezuela that requires less costly processing.

It makes little difference which kind of oil you buy :

Refiners therefore face a key economic choice in meeting product demand and quality standards. They can either pay a price premium for higher quality crudes to capture their economic benefits or incur higher investment in refinery capital stock and higher refining costs to take advantage of the relatively lower prices of lower quality crudes.